Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2014, 01:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default So, what are you asking Santa for this year?

I'm trying to make my list!

I know I want a few CD's, pandora charm or 2, a scentsy warmer and some bars.

So far, that's all I've got on my list.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

quilting supplies. it's my current obsession.
Old 11-08-2014, 01:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverendingJen View Post
quilting supplies. it's my current obsession.
Me too...I want a new Juki!
Old 11-08-2014, 01:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
Me too...I want a new Juki!

Oh man, that's beyond my dream right now. I'm just wanting more rulers and fabric...and a singer featherweight, haha
Old 11-08-2014, 02:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

A new camera and/or computer.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:09 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

I've just been bought a new cooker so I think that's my early gift from Santa this year. But I would like some cardstock supplies!
Old 11-08-2014, 02:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm never wanting anything at Christmas. I keep trying to get hubby to agree not to swap presents between us (just get stuff for the kids), but he always insists on present swapping. Neither he nor I really need anything, so it's hard to find something meaningful to exchange.
Old 11-08-2014, 02:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My hubby back!

(Not going to happen though...)
Old 11-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Aw, Amy.... :'(

Old 11-08-2014, 04:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I just bought myself an Erin Condren planner and a ton of pretty stuff to decorate my planner. Everyone else in the family already picked out a new pair of Nikes so I also ordered myself a pair of Skechers Go Walks, my athletic shoes of choice. That's probably all I'll get and I'm OK with that.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I honestly don't know. This Christmas is going to be kind of weird. My husband just won a election to Justice of the Peace but that means he is leaving his current job at the end of November. So probably nothing. And I am totally okay with that.
Old 11-08-2014, 05:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

umm nothing. DH and I don't get gifts for each other. Neither of us need anything and we'd rather put that money towards getting out of debt. if DH... I mean Santa.. gets me anything, I'll insist on books.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Usually, we don't spend quite this much on each other, but I've been begging for a Bosch mixer since February. I make all our bread from scratch and the Kitchenaid really sucks at handling dough.

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 11-08-2014, 05:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Nothing It's just Cheyanne and I and she usually makes me something - she's an awesome artist/drawer so she usually paints or sketches something to hang on our wall. I told my son when he started his family to save his money for his kids and not spend any on me. My parents will get me a gift card so I can buy a few things (usually I need jeans, bras, and socks every year ).
Old 11-08-2014, 06:57 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We only do small holiday presents for each other, usually a $25 limit. We like to give and get a little something, but the things we really want we buy throughout the year. So my wishlist will be the same as usual-gift cards to buy digiscrapping supplies or ebooks.
Old 11-08-2014, 07:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverendingJen View Post
Oh man, that's beyond my dream right now. I'm just wanting more rulers and fabric...and a singer featherweight, haha
My mom slipped me some money at the beginning of the year that I've been holding to buy a sewing machine. I tried out some others that I just wasn't happy with. I'm hoping to try out a Juki soon so I can wrap it up under the tree!
Old 11-08-2014, 07:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It's interesting that so many people equate Santa with their significant other ... for me, it's just my wish list ... and to be totally fair, I usually just buy myself what I need/want, lol ... and I don't wait for Christmas ... which also happens to be my birthday ... I'm clearly complicated! ha!
Old 11-08-2014, 08:25 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

DH and I don't exchange gifts either. But I still have a wish list. ;-). Slippers, a watch, some new sewing scissors (I can't find mine!), some new clothes now that I have a job, a new stove would be nice.....

Gallery
Old 11-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
It's interesting that so many people equate Santa with their significant other ... for me, it's just my wish list ... and to be totally fair, I usually just buy myself what I need/want, lol ... and I don't wait for Christmas ... which also happens to be my birthday ... I'm clearly complicated! ha!

See, I look at it the same way. This is my wishlist for everyone, and if no one else buys it..well, I'll be buying it eventually, LOL
Old 11-08-2014, 09:26 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I exchange gifts with my grandparents, siblings and parents, so my list is for them as I have no SO anyway. Here's what I am asking for:
Ghosts of North Dakota books
The Walking Dead vol 2 graphic novels
NDSU receiver hitch cover
Seaside wall hanging (https://www.etsy.com/listing/1839486...ef=favs_view_8)
Sketchers Go Walk Shoes
Lowes gift cards
Money to buy a new mattress
Old 11-08-2014, 09:35 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Dh and I don't buy each other birthday gifts or anniversary gifts (usually just go out for dinner) but he spoils me rotten at Christmas. This year, I don't want him to go overboard as his overtime hasn't been great. He said "not to worry, just give me a list!"

So, the only things I have asked for are:

An EHD
A good quality printer/scanner (I have thousands of photos to scan!)
A family ring with all of our birthstones in it. (wanted one of these for years!)

DH and I also fill each other a stocking so he is always great at ideas for that too. He's a pretty great gift giver at Christmas!
Old 11-08-2014, 11:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We don't typically exchange gifts other than a few small things but thanks to a nice bonus from work Santa brought my gift early this year - my new Canon 6D

My wish list usually includes:
Starbucks gift card...to feed my caffeine addiction
Amazon gift card...to feed my ebook addition
my favorite scents from Bath & Body Works (or a gift card)
warm fuzzy socks & new jammie pants
Old 11-09-2014, 12:03 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have to amend my earlier "we only do small gifts" comment. I just found out that DH is probably getting a bigger end of year bonus than usual, so we might put some of it toward resetting my engagement diamond. We've been talking about it for a few years, since the diamond fell out of its original setting. We have the diamond, but we never did anything with it because its original setting was what we liked (and could afford) right after college and we wanted to do something different this time.
Old 11-09-2014, 02:19 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've hinted about a new phone - I can't think of anything else I need/want right now... My birthday is just before Christmas so I might get a combined present if it ends up being costly. If not, a box of chocolates will always make me happy too!
Old 11-09-2014, 05:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I never get anything so it's pointless asking lol.
Old 11-09-2014, 05:08 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not much at all - family finances are stretched at the moment with my mum being unemployed since end of July so honestly at the moment I'm not even putting out requests since there is a high chance that if she doesnt get a job soon christmas gifts wont really happen. Other than that my family will probably get me gift cards.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 11-09-2014, 10:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
It's interesting that so many people equate Santa with their significant other ... for me, it's just my wish list
LOL well at least at our house, it's because he's the only person who buys me a Christmas present!
Since we just bought a new house, I'm figuring we won't be doing much...the house IS the gift. I wouldn't mind new curtains throughout, but I'm not going to have him pick those out I would also like a new purse (would have to link him up to the one that I want) because the one he gave me two years ago (again, linked) is wearing out.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

Usually, I buy my own gifts. I am pretty picky and my hubby knows I have a process I go through before I buy anything for myself. This year I cannot think of anything that I really want and would not change my mind about.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:02 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

We always exchange gifts because it's important to me. I don't care WHAT we get each other or if there is a sprending limit, but I like knowing we both have a little surprise to open on Christmas morning. It doesn't have to be big or expensive. Just a "I'm thinking of you" gift is sufficient.

I don't really have anything on my wish list this year. I got a new laptop over the summer, so that's my big present for the year. I did tell hubby I wouldn't mind having a long-sleeve t-shirt from our church gift shop. New coffee mugs are always welcome. And I specifically asked him to fill my stocking this year. Each year, I fill his & the kids, and I end up putting a couple of things in my own. I hate to sound like a brat, but I don't think it's asking too much.

I do have 1 thing I'm asking specifically that he NOT buy for me... Bath & Bodyworks stuff. He bought me 3 body sprays & 3 lotions last year (overkill much?), and I haven't even used 1/3 of them. I do not need more. LOL
Old 11-09-2014, 02:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Like Stacy, the only gift I get at Christmas is from my husband. In our family the adults do not exchange gifts. My kids occasionally find something and tell their dad to buy it for me, but that is still coming from him in a way. It isn't like they save their own money to spend at this point.

Like Libby, we always exchange something on Christmas Day. One year we decided not to do gifts of any kind. I didn't put up any decorations or really acknowledge the holiday at all though, so maybe that is why it was so depressing. Now we make sure, no matter how broke we are, or what is going on, that we buy a little something for each other (or make it) so that there is something for each of us to unwrap. That is why family presents don't work well for us either... we have to have something for each of us to unwrap for it to feel like Christmas.

Anyway, I rarely have a list. I don't want 'stuff' very often. If I need something I usually budget it in and buy it when I can. I save for anything that is a want. This year I got a new Nikon after my old Nikon had a shutter release error and wasn't worth fixing. I saved for that for a few months though so I am not going to consider it a Christmas gift.

We were hoping to buy 4 iPads this Christmas. I don't think it is going to happen though. We ended up spending several hundred buying my daughter a new bed and bedding for it since we were changing bed sizes. Then my husband's vehicle broke down and that was a few more hundred dollars. That kind of ate up the price of at least two of those iPads. LOL Murphy keeps coming to visit! Now I think we'll buy 1 iPad (for my husband) and smaller things for the kids since they've been spoiled lately anyway.

As for me... I can't think of anything. Sad, huh? I recently bought some new clothes (necessity after my surgery since my belly is swelling and I can't wear my jeans or restrictive clothing) and shoes (since I had nothing to wear with my new stuff).
Old 11-09-2014, 02:56 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

nothing for me. I usually exchange gifts with my mom and sister, but I just can't afford to this year. My son might make me something, but that'll be it.
Old 11-10-2014, 03:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't really need anything, and "big" things I always buy myself. So I give 2 options to peeps who insist on gifts - either make a donation to the Sagrada Familia fund, or get me a GC for scrappy stuff. :-) I myself will be giving out calendars to everybody as always. :-)

Old 11-10-2014, 04:32 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I'm not asking anything specific... I have got plenty of gifts from hubby this year, leading to my 30th birthday this month... So, I think, I just want to have a nice family dinner together, maybe. It might not be possible, because, here in China, Christmas is not a public holiday and it sucked last year because he had to teach during Christmas and it didn't feel like Christmas AT ALL
Old 11-10-2014, 12:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

I have no SO to exchange with so my parents are still "Santa". We exchange gifts every year. I have on my wishlist this year:

Fix 2 windows in my car - which will be the big present
Origami Owl bracelet/necklace w/ charms.
Columbia Jacket
Amazon, Starbucks, Scrapping Giftcards
Crocs
Kitchenaid mixer attachements
Pearl earring studs
Scarf, hat & gloves from Target
Anything related with Anchors and Tinkerbell
And just hopefully a new Dooney & Bourke stachel (if not now maybe for my b-day in Feb)

Old 11-10-2014, 03:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My hubs will ask for a few ideas as we get closer to Xmas. I haven't had time to think about it yet. I'll be watching this thread for ideas. I don't mind getting household items and I always need new jammies/slippers so if I can't think of anything else I need that's always something to ask for.
Old 11-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am asking my husband for a finished basement for Christmas. But I think he got me a treadmill which is like....the next best thing! I have been begging for one for close to 2 years now! I HOPE that's what he got me. We shall see.

Other than the finished basement and the treadmill, I don't have much on my list.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 11-10-2014, 05:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

In an unusual turn of events I've pretty much gotten everything on the top of my wishlist within the past 6 months. It's nice to feel free of 'self want' or expectations for once during the holidays. I am just excited to give the kids some fun new stuff and spend time with my family.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We don't do gift for each other money is normally tight and we have to get the kids something. So our Christmas, Anniversary, and birthday's come tax time. I need another computer. I may have used almost all of my memory on the computer. I did just get another 1TB EHD and I have a smaller EHD also. Last year I got a new camera.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:01 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'd like a new camera to replace my broken one so I can give my grandmother back her sucky one. More than likely I'll get Sims 4 (which was #1 on my list before my camera broke). But really it just depends. I'm always sure that money will be too tight for a present like that for me, but John usually always finds a way to make sure I get what I want most.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her
Old 11-11-2014, 10:05 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

An EHD and printer ink!
Old 11-11-2014, 03:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

There isn't much I need or want. We bought new iMacs in June and I have a new MACbook Air too......

But on my list are.....

A5 Filofax (I have a personal)
waterproof UGGs

Stretching a bit...I will add a Nikon D810 to my list!!
Old 11-11-2014, 03:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am not big on gift giving but it seriously crushes my husband when i tell him that we shouldn't exchange gifts.. it's a big thing for him.

I don't really ask for anything though for the most part he just really enjoys going out to buy things.

It is something I am trying to relax more over because I'm someone who would rather only buy for purpose and need rather than just having stuff..
Old 11-11-2014, 09:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I make a wish list each year and give it to DH, then he can share with our parents and siblings what I'm wishing for if they ask for an idea.

This year I'm feeling the money pinch of exactly how much we spend at the holidays so I'm trying to tell people not to buy for Jason or I and just get things for our daughters (who actually really don't "need" anything themselves). Jason asked for a list anyway so I asked for a new hairdryer (but then we agreed that if I had some black electrical tape I could just tape down the heat switch so it would stay on hot - plus I could use the tape to cover all the darn electronic lights in our room that stay on all night and keep me up), Some bubble bath (Caress Eveningly Gorgeous, my fave) and a gift certificate for a massage.
Old 11-18-2014, 03:32 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Megan, I literally just finished making a batch of rolls in my Bosch mixer lol. Thought I world check my Facebook for a little treat! My Bosch is about 7 years old and I use it a couple times per week. I'm waiting for it to break down.... because I've been thinking I want a kitchen aid because of all the flashy colors to choose from. However any one that has one doesn't usually like it for mixing, so I'm not sure. I wish Bosch made their mixers in bright colors.

Cheers!
Mary in MN (organizedmom)
Old 11-18-2014, 07:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
We always exchange gifts because it's important to me. I don't care WHAT we get each other or if there is a sprending limit, but I like knowing we both have a little surprise to open on Christmas morning. It doesn't have to be big or expensive. Just a "I'm thinking of you" gift is sufficient.

I don't really have anything on my wish list this year. I got a new laptop over the summer, so that's my big present for the year. I did tell hubby I wouldn't mind having a long-sleeve t-shirt from our church gift shop. New coffee mugs are always welcome. And I specifically asked him to fill my stocking this year. Each year, I fill his & the kids, and I end up putting a couple of things in my own. I hate to sound like a brat, but I don't think it's asking too much.

I do have 1 thing I'm asking specifically that he NOT buy for me... Bath & Bodyworks stuff. He bought me 3 body sprays & 3 lotions last year (overkill much?), and I haven't even used 1/3 of them. I do not need more. LOL
Libby- I was so glad to read your response and it made me feel a little more normal. lol. Exchanging gifts is important... even if it's just a little box of favorite chocolates or something. It seems like a cope out to do nothing at all for your significant other.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKim View Post
Well, I just bought myself an Erin Condren planner and a ton of pretty stuff to decorate my planner.
I bought one too...I'm loving in even though it doesn't start until next year...

I only have 2 other bigger items on my list which are...
-a new lens...my lens broke at a family event and I haven't bought a new one
-beats by dre headphones...I have no idea why but I want these...maybe they will be incentive to go work out

Last edited by jaylensmom; 11-19-2014 at 07:49 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post

I'm glad to read this because I was feeling alone.
Old 11-19-2014, 08:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We usually just fill each others stockings....nothing big. We are the type of people that just buy what we need throughout the year. I never need to wait til Christmas for that. LOL!

Old 11-19-2014, 09:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by organizedmom View Post
Megan, I literally just finished making a batch of rolls in my Bosch mixer lol. Thought I world check my Facebook for a little treat! My Bosch is about 7 years old and I use it a couple times per week. I'm waiting for it to break down.... because I've been thinking I want a kitchen aid because of all the flashy colors to choose from. However any one that has one doesn't usually like it for mixing, so I'm not sure. I wish Bosch made their mixers in bright colors.

Cheers!
Mary in MN (organizedmom)

Oh I'm jealous!! Those colored KAs are pretty, but your mixer is definitely superior.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!