Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default The F-F Following *spoilers*

Who else is watching this?

So, Fox picked up The Following for another season next year. I'm glad since DH and I are watching it. But I'm not sure how they are going to keep this up with the one killer. It will be interesting to see if it expands somehow into other cults or something.

However, does anyone else thinks it's sometimes a bit Far-Fetched? I mean, it's like everyone is in that cult! And they can easily overpower FBI/SWAT and pretty much anyone who gets in their way? And they've all killed multiple people, but never been caught for any of those murders? Although I find it funny that it's far-fetchedness bothers me, while at the same time I gulp down The Walking Dead and have no issues with it! HA!

Stop reading if you haven't watched last night...

--------------------------------------------------------

I dunno, like last night, Joe was transferred immediately. Yeah, I know they had the warden's daughter, but even a warden could not pull that off that quickly. And just all the stuff that lines up for him to escape? No one even questioned his lawyer after her message to Clare that got Clare kidnapped? I do like the show and will continue watching, but I sure hope they clean it up some. It's like they are trying to do too much and leave all kinds of holes in it that don't make common sense.

And how many times has it seemed like Hardy could slap away a gun or attack someone because they looked away or something? C'mon Kevin!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 02:09 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I skipped over your second post because I have not watched last night's episode yet, but far fetched or not, I really like this show. But then I am a Dead-Head too. LOL
Old 03-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

The Following is completely ridiculous - I'm a public defender in Philadelphia, and I've been to death row many times. THIS COULD NEVER HAPPEN. Death Row is very very different from general population. He would be in lock down 23 hours a day. He wouldn't even shower in privacy. And, he certainly wouldn't have internet access. Any letters received, are first read by the prison staff, and any objectionable material is blacked out. All prison phone calls, whether from death row, or from any other inmate, are recorded. And as far as his 8th Amendment hearing - my clients make allegations of abuse all the time - their remedy is to file habeas petitions in federal court - and it takes forever. And, if something were actually handled in the prison, there's usually a chart for damages - like a broken finger would get you $87 on your books, or something like that.

Also, as I said to my husband last night - if any death row client of mine had had my fingers cut off - I would have gone to the police in a heartbeat . . . everything that lawyer has done since she appeared on the show has either been unethical or illegal. And, the FBI knows that - as soon as she delivered that goofy message it was clear that she was helping him. There's no way they wouldn't have had her wired - they would have brought her in, threatened to charge her, and gotten her to cooperate. And, when he got away - please - there is NO WAY. The security I have to go to get back to the row is ridiculous. I can't even go back to see my clients with an underwire bra on. And, it's the same going out - she never would have been able to waltz out of there with him in her trunk. Her car wouldn't have been anywhere near the prison, but out in the heavily monitored parking lot. And when he was in her car - local law enforcement, the FBI, Homeland security - whoever, wouldn't have had the car surrounded as soon as they got the GPS blip on it. That Ryan was the only one chasing the car, the only one to get to the mall? No way

I could go on.

But, sigh, with all of that said, The Following is a guilty pleasure. I love Kevin Bacon, and the pacing of the show is so good, that it almost makes me forget how dumb it is.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

haha - we totally love it - but yes, it is COMPLETELY ridiculous! i guess i am OK with it because there are SO MANY things that could never happen that i'm able to just suspend belief completely and just go with it even though every time there's a new cult member i just start laughing.

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 03-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one then! I'll still enjoy the show, just while giggling and rolling my eyes.
Old 03-06-2013, 07:52 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ridiculous or not it's good tv. I was glad to see it got picked up again and I'm really glad they aren't doing serial type episodes..that it's moving the story along each week.

But if they'd just put Jack Bauer on the case it would be over in 24 hours

Old 03-06-2013, 02:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

I really love this show...but I agree...Kevin Bacon's character should have been dead long ago...lol!! I laugh every time her gets away in just enough time. It's crazy. If they try to keep up the show as it is...it will definitely start to seem a little to "unreal" and eventually, it will get boring. I hope they change it up somehow before it's too predictable.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am waiting for the main FBI woman to be shown as a member of the cult.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryinaz View Post
I am waiting for the main FBI woman to be shown as a member of the cult.
You know...I keep thinking that too.

Old 03-06-2013, 03:46 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronesia View Post
You know...I keep thinking that too.
Me too! LOL I am also suspicious of the young FBI guy, can't remember his name, but I don't trust him a bit!!!
Old 03-06-2013, 04:36 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

I thought the young guy might be a cultist too - I didn't even consider her , hm . . .
Old 03-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

In a way she seems too obvious, but I still don't trust her.
Old 03-06-2013, 05:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think they want us to suspect her..but IDK..I go back and forth with her. I'm more suspicious of the younger guy too..but then I think they want us to suspect him too. I guess it's trust no one! lol

Old 03-06-2013, 05:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

With her first-hand experience with a cult, it really makes me suspicious. If it's not her, could it be her parents or someone in their cult who is also in Joe's cult?

Definitely suspicious though. And I do think they WANT us to suspect almost everyone, except maybe Ryan and Clare.

And honestly, this week I was really just going "Ryan, just KILL HIM!!"
Old 03-06-2013, 05:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
I think they want us to suspect her..but IDK..I go back and forth with her. I'm more suspicious of the younger guy too..but then I think they want us to suspect him too. I guess it's trust no one! lol
That does make sense. It's a good way to keep us watching to find out what is going to happen and see who is part of it next...lol! I kept thinking the young FBI guy was part of it too, but when the female cop shot him I was like 'nooooo he's not part of it'...then she didn't even kill him...could be a cover up.

Old 03-06-2013, 09:22 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriebug66 View Post
Me too! LOL I am also suspicious of the young FBI guy, can't remember his name, but I don't trust him a bit!!!
And he's the WORST backup ever. As soon as they go their separate ways, you know something bad is going to happen to Ryan. But I am excited to see Joe out so James Purefoy can do a little more on screen.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, he is a good actor. Creepy and kinda charming. Much like what you would expect a cult leader to be.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
And I do think they WANT us to suspect almost everyone, except maybe Ryan and Clare.
How crazy would it be if Clare were really in on it? That would be jumping the shark.
Old 03-06-2013, 11:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i totally agree with how ridiculous this show is, but i can't help myself from watching it anyway. the only person on it that really gets under my skin is the main chick cult girl. she's sooooo annoying!! please just kill her already! and just how are we supposed to believe that all these wack jobs got together anyway? they all just happened to visit joe in prison and he hooked them up?? oh well - it's still a fun show to watch, and i love that it moves at a decent speed. but i have to agree with nikki - get jack bauer on the case and get these suckers outta here!
Old 03-06-2013, 11:15 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I never watched 24 but maybe I should download it on my netflix....
Old 03-07-2013, 12:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh Lorie - YES!! It's a huge time commitment since it's 8 seasons of 24 shows, but SOOOO GOOOD!

Jack: "WHERE'S THE BOMB??" (he yells that quite a bit, at least that is what stuck in my head - ha!)
Old 03-07-2013, 08:58 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh my gosh I am so jealous when people tell me they've never seen it b/c you can watch it all straight through! Seriously one of the best shows ever..I watched it from the beginning and had to wait every week and then once there was like almost 2 years between seasons...torture I tell ya! lol

We've also watched it marathon style a couple of times since it went off the air. Jack Bauer is awesome.

Old 03-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiARNGwife View Post
Oh my gosh I am so jealous when people tell me they've never seen it b/c you can watch it all straight through! Seriously one of the best shows ever..I watched it from the beginning and had to wait every week and then once there was like almost 2 years between seasons...torture I tell ya! lol

We've also watched it marathon style a couple of times since it went off the air. Jack Bauer is awesome.
I watched it straight through on Netflix for the first time. I always kept saying, how did people wait a week for the next show when this was on TV?

On Netflix each show is only about 43 minutes, so it was so easy to say...just one more episode, just one more. Ha. Could never watch just one.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:16 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I watched it straight through on Netflix for the first time. I always kept saying, how did people wait a week for the next show when this was on TV?

On Netflix each show is only about 43 minutes, so it was so easy to say...just one more episode, just one more. Ha. Could never watch just one.
I did that for Lost....so much easier to understand and follow when it was just a continuous stream for about two weeks. Still have not seen 24 and have too many shows I'm following now to do 8 seasons!
Old 03-08-2013, 01:27 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Now I have to watch. Oh my, what have you all started? LOL
Old 03-08-2013, 02:00 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Now I have to watch. Oh my, what have you all started? LOL
You won't regret it!!!! 24 was so awesome and I miss Jack Bauer so much!!! and yes it was really hard waiting from week to week, but I was addicted at the time. I'm about ready to start watching them again! I know you had to stretch your imgination on 24 but you reaaaaalllly have to stretch it for the Following, but I'm watching it too!!
Old 03-14-2013, 02:50 AM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

I kinda love this show, I never think about whether or not it's believable...it's TV. I find reality TV much less believable. LOL

I never watched 24 either.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:39 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm watching and I rolled my eyes a few times this week.
The Please kill me, I let you down even though Roderick is in charge.....blech....a bit over the top imo.
I want to know when the two guys will pop up again...the ones with the cult chick. That could be interesting.

I never watched 24...guess I better see if it's on Amazon Prime!

Penny
Old 03-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Is it bad that I kinda looooove the gay guys...they're my fav characters!
Old 03-14-2013, 01:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Springmann View Post
I'm watching and I rolled my eyes a few times this week.
The Please kill me, I let you down even though Roderick is in charge.....blech....a bit over the top imo.
I agree, that was actually a bit much even for this show.

And hey, Jacob says he ISN'T gay! (I think that's his name. I'm getting those 2 guys mixed up with the 2 guys on Survivor. They are all cute and young. Ha!)
Old 03-14-2013, 01:46 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

He's confused. LOL You don't have to be all in Jacob, that's called being bi
Old 03-19-2013, 10:53 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

So 3/4's of the way through last night's show, my husband turned to me and said, "are we done with this show yet?" I was surprised that he yelled uncle first. But, I'm making him soldier on - I really want to see that Emma take a huge fall - hate her! Hmm, I might be starting to hate everyone though . . .
Old 03-19-2013, 01:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

I love this show! Seriously I don't care how far fetched it is I just love watching to see what craziness is going to happen next. Loved this weeks ending when Roderick brings Emma to the front door! I seriously think she is going down. Now that Jacob is a "killer" and is a "killer" because she left them and had to put down his best friend/lover. He is not going to be very happy with her! And also in my sick twisted mind....I keep thinking that Joes wife is in on the whole thing! We will have to wait and see!
Old 03-19-2013, 02:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I thought Jacob's mom handled the whole thing very oddly.

I kind of like Roderick. He reminds me of Thomas Haden Church from his Wings era. And yes, I'm looking forward to the confrontation between Jacob and Emma. Maybe that's why I like Roderick - I don't like Emma and he doesn't either.
Old 03-19-2013, 08:28 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

[QUOTE=maryinaz;1102390]I thought Jacob's mom handled the whole thing very oddly.

Her reaction was totally bizarro. Her nonreaction, in fact, was almost disturbing. Oh hello pyscho killer in training son, your father will be home any minute and then you'll be in big trouble, you'd best be getting back to your deranged leader. Should I make you a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for your trip?
Old 03-19-2013, 08:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Quote:
I kind of like Roderick. He reminds me of Thomas Haden Church from his Wings era.
That's who it is! I kept thinking he reminded me of someone, but I couldn't place who.

I'm not sure about the Clare being in on it thing, but I've thought from the beginning that the FBI chick was. Some of the others I've guessed before they were outed (gay guys, emma, policewoman, Roderick).

I hope Jacob makes Emma his 2nd victim!

Old 03-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

Oh, I've been watching "24" as a marathon too--- on my Kindle! I'm not sure why but it's easier for me to watch it on that than on the TV. Weird. I also watched "House of Cards" on my kindle, has anyone seen that?
Old 03-22-2013, 03:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracyfish View Post
I hope Jacob makes Emma his 2nd victim!
I am glad you said that Tracy, I didn't want to be the only one. LOL
Old 03-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogwoodMama View Post
I also watched "House of Cards" on my kindle, has anyone seen that?
Yes! I just finished watching the first (and only) season. Politics, sex, murder, money - what more could we want? Oh yeah, Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright. I'll be waiting for the next season.
Old 03-22-2013, 05:39 PM
Administrator

profile gallery send pm

Roderick reminds me of a young Dennis Leery

Old 03-22-2013, 06:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had to stop watching 24. All the suspense gave me an upset stomach. I figured stress from a tv show was kind of silly. I am liking the Following too. At this point ANY of them could be cult members as far as I'm concerned except Kevin Bacon's character. All the rest of them are fair game!
Old 03-26-2013, 10:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So I guess next week we might get a hint of whether Clare is in on this, huh? But the whole "I love you" thing with Ryan, do we believe that? I guess I did. The shootout scene at the house though, was just plain silly. Wandering around the outside of the house where they could be seen? Ryan running after Clare without a gun? Clare running after the bad guys and then throwing away her gun? HAHA!

I kept waiting for the FBI friend (Tyson?) to be a cult member. I told DH, if that happens, then I'm done with this show. It's bad enough that Ryan's former girlfriend appears next week as a cult member.

I liked the parts with Jacob and Emma, and Paul appearing. That was good.

It's definitely still The F-F Following. If they push it too far though, I won't be watching anymore. There's only so much far-fetchedness (made up word - ha) I can take.
Old 03-26-2013, 12:44 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I agree. There needs to be some sane people in the show other than Kevin/Ryan!!!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just seriously think that the wife is part of the cult and is just playing Kevin Bacon for a fool. Same with his EX GF ugh it is starting to get a little out of control. Lets just hope that Jacob offs Emma and soon!
Old 04-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sooo, everyone stick with this show? Just one more episode...spoilers below.

Last night creeped me out with the burying alive thing. So I guess that agent isn't in the cult after all? And darn that Emma killed Jacob instead of the other way around.

Has anyone read anything about next season? Just wondering if this continues or if it's a new story.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I haven't read about next season, but I really hope there is a new case. This one is getting so over the top.

I wasn't surprised that they included a buried alive scene. It was one of Poe's greatest fears. In fact many people during this time feared being buried alive. They could actually purchase coffins fitted with a tube and bell to alert people if they weren't actually dead.

Penny
Old 04-23-2013, 12:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Wow! That was a crazy episode. I'm very curious for next week to see if Claire lives or not.

I hope they come up with a way to continue it with something equally as weird. I like weird.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I realllyy do not like seeing people buried alive on movies/TV. I do not mind seeing the gore and disgusting stuff, but that I cannot stand to watch. When Jacob kept telling Emma about leaving, I just knew she was going to kill him. She is too far gone to think about leaving. I will agree that after this episode, I have no idea what they will do with this show.

It is getting a bit "out" there with the story line...like it is just dragging along. I am not even sure how they will have a season 2 at this rate.

Old 04-23-2013, 01:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

After last night's episode, I was just wondering if Ryan would kill himself to just screw up Joe's plans lol, with the whole, you can't kill me I'm already dead part. It would probably end the series, lol, but I wasn't seeing how mu ch more you could do with this plot.

I knew Emma was going to kill Jacob too... Although I was still hoping right up to the end, that he'd get over her and just shoot her and leave. How bad is that?
Old 04-24-2013, 11:01 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I read that the creators have the first 3 seasons mapped out...that's all the info it gave though, but it's nice to know they have a plan and aren't just making it up as it goes.

A lot of this show is unrealistic..but to me it's one of those shows that I just look past that and enjoy it for what it is. And you know there are people out there who do crazy things in cults..remember those people who were going to fly to heaven on a comet?

Seeing her buried alive was so creepy..I don't know how that actress did it b/c no way could I...I am so claustrophobic.