Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-22-2017, 06:04 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm
LOL 5 yrs...

It's been 5 yrs since my last login here. WOW! I've had a lot of changes in my life recently, the biggest being that my best friend ever in life, my mom.. died very suddenly and unexpectedly almost 3 mos ago. What a whirlwind life has been nonstop since. I've been really reevaluating my life and where I want to be and what I want to do and the last time I was the happiest ever was when I was scrapping. I really want to get back into it but I'm sure so much has changed. I don't have time to be on ALL the forums and in ALL the chats. Sweet Shoppe was always my fav shop so hopefully I can get active here again and this can be home base I feel so guilty that I have thousands of pages for my son but ,maybe 50 for my daughter. She's almost 9 now! Bad mom! :P

We are moving in 2 weeks and I am likely getting a new computer. I am still using Photoshop CS2 on my super super old computer. I don't even know if I remember HOW to make pages.

If I am able to upgrade my setup, where should I begin? What software should I be making sure to have on it? Any certain computer requirements I should pay attention to for optimal page making?

thanks for still being here!!!

Laura
Old 06-22-2017, 07:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Welcome back! I think scrapping makes me happy, too, so I hope you're able to find a place for it. This is always a happy place to hang out & shop & scrap.
: )

I can't advise you on software (I use PSE 12, and I'm totally happy with it.) But be sure to check out the freebies in the shop to get you started with fun new things!

And I'm sorry about your mom. My mom is my bff, too, and I can't even imagine losing her. BIg hugs from me.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:30 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Welcome back, Laura! I don't know what I'm going to do without scrapping, it's my escape route to relaxation!
I am so sorry about your mom. HUGS!
Old 06-22-2017, 11:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Welcome back! I'm still using CS5 and don't think I'll ever upgrade. I have no idea on computer requirements - your local computer store should be able to help you with that.
Old 06-23-2017, 01:31 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Welcome back!
I'm so sorry for your mom..

But i'm still using CS5 as well. And as long i still like to use that i won't chance it.

And yay for seeing another dutch lady
Old 06-23-2017, 07:55 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm so sorry to hear abt you losing your mom. I can't imagine how tough that would be. *hugs*

I'm currently using CS5, too. Welcome back & hope you join in on the fun around here soon!
Old 06-23-2017, 10:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How sad to lose your Mom - my condolences!

Digital scrapping probably isn't that different from how you remember it although there are changes to the technology. I'm using the Photoshop monthly subscription for photographers that is part of Photoshop Creative Cloud. I pay about $10/month and get all the latest technology upgrades automatically included. It's not a bad deal (Adobe claims it's about the same price as it would have been if you upgraded your software each time new software came out) although I still resent having to subscribe!
Old 06-23-2017, 11:03 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Yay! Welcome back. Your photos were always so gorgeous of your children! Scrapping will come back to you....don't worry. Just ask scrapping/computer questions in the forum too....we're all here for each other!
Old 06-23-2017, 12:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Welcome "home!" I'm so sorry to hear about your mom, I hope scrapping helps heal your soul.

I'm on Elements 15... I wish I could go back to 11. However, I'm getting more use to it and it's getting better. I think you will find reasoning behind scrapping hasn't changed too much in 5 years... the biggest style change would be project life and pocket scrapping... however, there are still plenty of us scrapping pages with big photos, clustering, or with whitespace.
Old 06-28-2017, 10:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Welcome back! I'm so, so sorry about the loss of your mom and bestie. (((hugs)))

Just jump back in. I took a year break from scrapping once when life got hectic and I had to prioritize my hobbies and time, and I remember my first few pages starting back up were pretty lame, lol! BUT, you just gotta jump in and get back to work and you'll pick it back up in no time at all.