Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-21-2017, 04:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Summer vacation plans?

It's officially the first day of summer and it's 120 degrees here in Phoenix so I'm really looking forward to our vacation. We are going for a week to Nova Scotia where we've rented a house on the water. My in-laws are joining us for the week and we'll hang out, go to the beach, hike, eat lots of fresh seafood, paddle board and maybe canoe. I can't wait!

What are your vacation plans this summer?
Old 06-21-2017, 05:13 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Oh fun!! I want to go to nova scotia SO BAD! It's so expensive to fly across Canada so I don't know if it will ever happen LOL!!

We're going on the opposite end as you and we're going to vancouver island. We rented an air bnb in Victoria and then going to the tofino/ucluelet area for a few days after that. SO excited to get away
Old 06-21-2017, 05:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We postponed our Yellowstone road trip....IDK what we will do now. :sigh:

Old 06-21-2017, 05:44 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

That sounds so fun, KCB!

We are going up north to visit family for 2 weeks in August. Western NY, it's beautiful there. It's just so different from here, I am excited to do 'country' things like kayaking down a river and visiting a field of sunflowers.

Old 06-21-2017, 06:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We're doing just a quick trip to my inlaws cabin a few hours away. My inlaws, SIL & BIL, plus their 2 boys, and the 5 of us all go. This will be the 3rd year.

We're hoping to get a closing date for our new house the week of July 10th, so we'll be consumed by moving and doing some renovations on the new house.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We just got back from our family vacation trip. We drove from Arizona all the way to Ohio. We stopped in Oklahoma and visited my sister and her family, went to Texas to see my college roomate and her family, visited our friends that moved to Arkansas and then went to Ohio to visit my MIL and SIL and niece. While in Ohio we went to a baseball game, went to Kings Island Amusement Park and went hiking! I just loved all the greenery and seeing firefly's for the first time! So much fun. The drive back was super exhausting as we only made an overnight stop in Oklahoma and then drove the rest of the way home. Now we're back and the weather has been reaching 120!

Old 06-21-2017, 09:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We'll head to the amusement park/beach for a few days. Our larger vacation is later this year.
Old 06-21-2017, 10:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We just spent a week in Mammoth Cave, KY with my side of the family and will be spending the Fourth of July weekend with my husband's brother, SIL, & kids at their lake house in TN.

We just went on our first family vacation ever last summer so doing two getaways in one summer is crazy to me!
Old 06-22-2017, 06:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Still one more week of school for us. Exams begin tomorrow so the halls will be empty today as a lot of the seniors won't show up.

Once done I will probably take the first week to just decompress and enjoy sipping my morning coffee on the deck. I have a 10 day trip to Ireland booked for the end of July, that is my big vacation. Will probably spend time down at my brother's boat, hanging out on the island with my dog and hoping to get to the Toledo zoo as I have heard it's really good. Purging and revamping the spare bedroom are home items.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I live in Vacationland (Maine) so we usually don't go far in the summer because this is the best time of of year in Maine We took our big vacation during the crappy winter blizzard months and went to Georgia in February.

We are taking a full week at our camp on the lake the 2nd week of August and will do weekends there when we can and other day trips around the state to hike, kayak, and hit the beaches, etc.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:56 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

we have planned a several day and pool trips.

And we are going to the beach for a week from july 28th till august 4th. We are looking forward to this vacation so bad since last time i was on vacation at the beach was like 20 years ago. So this will be the first time beach vacation with my own kids.
Old 06-22-2017, 11:51 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

We are going on a road trip to Minneapolis and Omaha, NE. Gonna go to a Twins game, Valley Fair and Minnehaha Falls. Then in Omaha, we want to see their zoo and a few small places. We are planning to stop and visit Erin and her boys along the way, too.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We're driving from Utah to the Oregon coast in August. We'll stay in an Airbnb rental for the week with my family. My little family will leave a few days earlier though so we can get my little sister & her husband to his college graduation (they're driving out with us). He missed his in April because his brother got married. We won't let him miss this one.

Besides that, we're staying home and going to the different pools & splash pads that are around us. We already have friends over almost every day too.
Old 06-23-2017, 02:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

On Sunday, we will fly to Orlando for my daughter's 7th birthday (where did time go by?!)

And then we will come back on Friday to move to Pennsylvania. We're trying not to die of exhaustion, hehehe. The moving wasn't planned, we thought it would be by the 2nd week of July but thankfully we get to have an available apartment the soonest time. So we're busy packing our things and finishing up some LOs I need to submit.
Old 06-23-2017, 11:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We did a road trip earlier this summer. We usually fly places and I forgot how fun it is to just drive and see new things. Even some of the rather run down small towns we drove through were interesting to see, if a bit discouraging sometimes. America is such a diverse, amazing place!
Old 06-23-2017, 01:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
We did a road trip earlier this summer. We usually fly places and I forgot how fun it is to just drive and see new things. Even some of the rather run down small towns we drove through were interesting to see, if a bit discouraging sometimes. America is such a diverse, amazing place!
This is why I love to drive if we have the time - I've seen so much of this country and so has my daughter. It's a great education in and of itself!
Old 06-24-2017, 12:27 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

In three weeks we leave to see Carlsbad Caverns, Petrified Forest, Grand Canyon, and the Chaco Culture NP. We are so excited for a big road trip!
Old 06-24-2017, 02:05 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We actually just got back from Washington DC. It was nice but hot (95-98 days) and makes it awful hard to enjoy when it is just stifling.

We plan on going down to Pigeon Forge TN in October. We just love the mountains and can sit for hours just enjoying the mountains.

mrsashbaugh you must have been close to Cincinnati OH (Kings Island is about 45 minutes from downtown).
Old 06-24-2017, 05:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We'll spend a week in the mountains in Pennsylvania with my family in August. There will be 14 of us, 6 of whom are kids ranging from 1 to 13, so it's always kind of crazy. We're grateful we get to spend the time with everyone, but we come home needing a vacation from our vacation! The 5 of us are just doing a small vacation this summer, spending a long weekend in Virginia Beach. Both of those trips will be in August. In July my parents are going to come visit and watch the kids so that Dan and I can go away for a weekend. We're only going about an hour away, to Winchester, Virginia, but I can't wait for a whole kid-free weekend!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk