Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-11-2017, 02:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Did you have a favorite teacher growing up?

My favorite teacher was my high school English teacher. I had him both for 9th grade English and AP English. His class was always really interesting and he was a super nice guy -- I was his student assistant for a while (which got me out of study hall) and he wrote me personally to congratulate me on my AP English grade. He was part of the reason I minored in English in college even though I was majoring in Finance.

So, who was your favorite teacher(s) growing up and why?
Old 06-11-2017, 02:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Yes!! My 3rd grade teacher! She was/is amazing. She just really got and understood kids.. I never forgot her. My parents moved closer to me about 5 or 6 years ago (1.5 hours from where I live) and as it turns out my teacher moved there too! Crazy small world, she moved only a few blocks away from where I live. She sadly lost her husband a few months ago (still quite young). Devastating.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

The only favorite teacher I remember was my Creative Writing teacher in high school.

She let me retake the class as an independent study my senior year which meant coming up with additional/alternative assignments for me to complete in addition to what she had the rest of the class doing. She also made me co-editor-in-chief of the literary magazine that year + awarded me the senior class' English Award.

She was the first teacher who ever made me feel like I could do something with my writing. I got good grades so I'd gotten academic awards before but I felt like I 'earned' being co-editor-in-chief and the English Award.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hmm... I'm not sure I have a favorite teacher... there are some that stick out only because I learned the most from them... Mr. Sexton - my yearbook advisor... Mrs. Werth, Advanced English... Mr. Gustke - 4th grade teacher.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

5th grade, Mrs. Langford! Absolutely loved her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-12-2017, 08:04 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My fifth grade teacher, Mr. Morris. He was just amazing. He loved what he did. He made class enjoyable. He was fun. He played music in class.

He's retired now but he plays music at different places around town so some of his former students meet up to watch him play. That's the kind of impact he had on his kids.

Old 06-12-2017, 12:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I do! My first favourite teacher was my kinder teacher, she's kind and understanding and loved by all.

Then my Math teacher in 3rd year, she's intelligent and funny and makes understanding Math so easy for us all. She's funny in a way she didn't know (or mayebe she does). One time she 'rebuked' a devil from one of my classmates who kept on laughing in the class. We ended up laughing because she said my classmate can't find X because he's possessed. We kept on laughing everytime we remember that story.