Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2016, 09:34 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Monday, Monday! What's Shakin'?!

It's Monday! What do you have on the agenda for this week?

DD is back in school (yeah!) but DH's long-term temp project abruptly ended last week (utoh!) so I will be spending the week driving back and forth to school (we live out of district) + helping DH look and apply for jobs.

Try not to be jealous.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I can't believe another week has rolled around all ready!!

I'm working on CV stuff three part days this week and in the evenings, having MIL over for dinner on Thursday and getting ready for a long weekend away to see my Mum

Hope everyone has a great week!!

Old 08-22-2016, 10:44 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have today and tomorrow off work with very little plans. Tomorrow Nick starts back to school. Only other plans this week is work, dentist appointment, working out, normal life stuffs.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:49 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

So sorry about your DH's job situation, LA! I'm sending prayers and good-jobby vibes your way!

DD is starting her second full week of school, so I'm expecting things to amp up in terms of homework and overall workload. I'm helping a friend after work on Tuesday while DD is at cheer, then have to attend our Chamber's State of the Community Luncheon on Wednesday, followed by Open House at DD's school and a young professional's reception with the Mayor on Thursday evening.

This time of year is just ridiculously busy. At least we have some fun things planned for this weekend, like a group date with some of our friends Friday night to try out a new "hipster" bar.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:50 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Trying to get back into the swing of things.. we were away last week and now I need to try and get back to it. School starts in 2 weeks and for the first time ever i'm not really in a rush for all that to happen.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Like Kristin, we just got back from vacation and have 2 weeks until school starts. I'm starting to prepare for my new class, plus the kids have a few doctors' appointments and playdates this week. I was hoping to have 2 photobooks ready to send for printing before the school year starts, since September is always so busy that I hardly scrap. I'm close to done, but I don't know if I'm close enough to get them 100% finished.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2016, 12:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm dog-sitting this week which is fun and Taz loves having another dog around. We get out for lots of walks and play time. I want to get some paperwork done this week and clean out of my office a bit. Nothing exciting going on. Should be a quiet week.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My cousin is getting married this week. Family is coming in from out of town for a week.

Busy cleaning house, getting ready for visitors and still not sure what I am wearing to the wedding.
Old 08-22-2016, 01:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I will now have the song "Monday, Monday" stuck in my head all day. Thank you for that.

Today was the first day of school for my minions. Mattie started 7th and Cole 3rd. Dropping her off at the middle school was absolute craziness. Those parents are some serious jerks. I hate when they don't leave the entrances to the school open and just stop right in front of them. I mean, c'mon! Hopefully that was just a first day thing. I'm so used to dropping my little brother (yes, I have a brother in high school...lol) off on the high school side (one campus) that I usually avoid the traffic. I might just drop her off on the same side and make her walk.

Old 08-22-2016, 01:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Last week was horribly hectic with the first day of school, my girls' birthday and Dr. appts. So now it's Monday and I'm sitting here by myself trying to talk myself into cleaning up the aftermath of last week and the weekend - and all I want to do is go back to bed, but this place needs some serious cleaning
Old 08-22-2016, 05:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So I signed my older son up for SACC (school age child care, he normally goes there only on the days I work and I am off on Mondays) today to have a day all to myself, since my younger son goes to daycare 5 days a week even in summer. Naturally, my younger son woke up sick today so we went to the doctor, the grocery store, and now "resting" at home. (Note: he's not resting.)

The rest of this week will be work (tomorrow, Wed, Thurs) and then I don't know for the weekend! It's a rare non-camping weekend. I hope it's low key.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 08-22-2016, 07:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We had Rian's first day of school today and Lola's kindergarten assessment. They're both at a new school but will only be there for a few weeks before we move. :-/ We have the inspection happening on the house were buying, my mom's birthday, and DH's work summer party...oh and a wedding this week! And I need to find time to pack more boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2016, 07:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Our week started out with an MRI of Cheyanne's knee yesterday morning (yes, Sunday!) It's suspected that she has a medial meniscal tear and she'll probably be having surgery in a couple weeks.

Her birthday is this week (her 16th!), so Thursday I'm taking the day off work and we're having a day of hair and nails, shopping, dinner out, and a movie. I'll be working over 50 hours this week though, even with that whole day off Friday night is the first football game against our biggest rivals so I'll be doing the concessions while she watches the game with her friends.

Other than that we're just in a holding pattern until school starts on the 1st and we know more about her knee.
Old 08-22-2016, 08:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
Our week started out with an MRI of Cheyanne's knee yesterday morning (yes, Sunday!) It's suspected that she has a medial meniscal tear and she'll probably be having surgery in a couple weeks.
Oh, no! I'm sorry to hear that. I know she's usually very active. Do you know how long her recovery will be yet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 08-22-2016, 09:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
Oh, no! I'm sorry to hear that. I know she's usually very active. Do you know how long her recovery will be yet?
If she has to have a scope, about 3 months for full healing, which is why we want to get it done ASAP. If she gets it done in the next few weeks she'll still be able to play most of basketball season. She doesn't do a fall sport anymore but she won't be able to bike or jog either and that will drive her batty! LOL
Old 08-22-2016, 09:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
If she has to have a scope, about 3 months for full healing, which is why we want to get it done ASAP. If she gets it done in the next few weeks she'll still be able to play most of basketball season. She doesn't do a fall sport anymore but she won't be able to bike or jog either and that will drive her batty! LOL
I hope she doesn't need the surgery, and if she does that she recovers quickly and doesn't miss much basketball.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I hope she doesn't need the surgery, and if she does that she recovers quickly and doesn't miss much basketball.
Thank you Rach! I hope so too!

ETA: We got the MRI results today - surgery is scheduled for Friday, Sept. 2 - her 2nd day back at school. She has a large medial meniscus bucket handle tear Full recovery can take 3 to 6 months, so we'll have to see what happens.

Last edited by mariewilcox; 08-25-2016 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 11:17 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Quote:
Thank you Rach! I hope so too!

ETA: We got the MRI results today - surgery is scheduled for Friday, Sept. 2 - her 2nd day back at school. She has a large medial meniscus bucket handle tear Full recovery can take 3 to 6 months, so we'll have to see what happens.

Oh no! Bless her heart! I hope the surgery goes well for her Marie and she heals & recovers as quickly as possible! I will be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers!

Old 08-26-2016, 06:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Jenn! She's glad to be getting it fixed finally but very upset that she probably won't be able to play basketball this year. Her goal is to have it totally healed though so she can play her senior year next year.
Old 08-26-2016, 08:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Poor girl! I hope the surgery goes well and she has an easy recovery. I'm glad she's looking ahead instead of letting it set her back.

Old 08-26-2016, 11:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie1977 View Post
Poor girl! I hope the surgery goes well and she has an easy recovery. I'm glad she's looking ahead instead of letting it set her back.
Thanks Carrie She's pretty bummed but it's been going on for so long now that she's glad it's getting fixed. She should be able to run track in the spring, which helps her feel a bit better