Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2016, 04:10 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Let's talk Game of Thrones Ep. 9 [SPOILERS!]

Um, wow, what an episode! I was watching the basketball game the other night so just got around to watching it last night.

The Winterfell battle scene was really amazing (despite watching it peeking through my fingers) and scary. I was seriously wondering if they were going to kill off Jon Snow again. That one uncut scene of Jon fighting and the horses, arrows, people all swirling/fighitng/crashing around him must have been really hard to film.

Jon of course fell right into the trap that Ramsey set for him, despite Sansa telling him not to. But, I don't know how you wouldn't try to save your brother in that situation. Still, she called it.

And how satisfying that Ramsey finally got what was coming to him!

It was fun to see Daenerys finally unleash the power of the dragons. And I loved the scene between her and Yara.

Things I am wondering about:
-who is really going to control Winterfell. Sansa? Jon? Littlefinger?
-is Daenerys really going to be a force for "good" now that she has that much power?
-did anybody else expect a bigger role for the Dire Wolves? They just seem to get killed off right and left.
Old 06-21-2016, 04:35 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I thought it was such a bada$$ epidode! I have no theories at this point but am so curious to see how everything plays out!

My bf has been saying all along he thinks Dany will turn out to be evil. We shall see. I loooove this show and can't believe next week is the season finale already!
Old 06-21-2016, 04:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm SO thankful Ramsey got what he had coming to him. When he killed off his little brother, I told my husband I wished the same death on him--yay!!! After they captured him, I said to my husband, I'd love to see him flayed, put on their upside down x's and burned. But when I realized he was in the dog kennel, I said to my husband that was even a more just death than I could have imagined!! So thankful he's gone. He was HORRIBLE!!!

I think Littlefinger is going to try to control Winterfell, but he really has no blood ties to lay claim. I don't think Jon can claim it since he wasn't a legitimate son of Ned Stark, therefore people won't accept him as Warden of the North. Sansa would be the only one people might respect as Wardeness of the North because her husband (Ramsey) has control and she has his name, even though she says she will always be a stark. Honestly I believe Aria is coming back and will be claiming the North as her own. She's the force to be reckoned----watch out White Walkers!!

-is Daenerys really going to be a force for "good" now that she has that much power?
No, Daenerys is DANGEROUS with a bold D. While I like her and want to see her rise to power, she's going to be more dangerous, manipulative (fill in any bad word) than Cersei ever was in her time. She's going to get across the waters and be very dangerous to anyone to gets in her way. Once she's seated on the throne, power is going to get to her head and she'll be worse than Bloody Mary ever was on her throne.

-did anybody else expect a bigger role for the Dire Wolves? They just seem to get killed off right and left.
I'm really disappointed the wolves all died. They were my favorite and the one last thing from their father. Its sad that they didn't get to play a bigger role in each of the children's lives.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I'm SO thankful Ramsey got what he had coming to him. When he killed off his little brother, I told my husband I wished the same death on him--yay!!! After they captured him, I said to my husband, I'd love to see him flayed, put on their upside down x's and burned. But when I realized he was in the dog kennel, I said to my husband that was even a more just death than I could have imagined!! So thankful he's gone. He was HORRIBLE!!!

I think Littlefinger is going to try to control Winterfell, but he really has no blood ties to lay claim. I don't think Jon can claim it since he wasn't a legitimate son of Ned Stark, therefore people won't accept him as Warden of the North. Sansa would be the only one people might respect as Wardeness of the North because her husband (Ramsey) has control and she has his name, even though she says she will always be a stark. Honestly I believe Aria is coming back and will be claiming the North as her own. She's the force to be reckoned----watch out White Walkers!!

No, Daenerys is DANGEROUS with a bold D. While I like her and want to see her rise to power, she's going to be more dangerous, manipulative (fill in any bad word) than Cersei ever was in her time. She's going to get across the waters and be very dangerous to anyone to gets in her way. Once she's seated on the throne, power is going to get to her head and she'll be worse than Bloody Mary ever was on her throne.

I'm really disappointed the wolves all died. They were my favorite and the one last thing from their father. Its sad that they didn't get to play a bigger role in each of the children's lives.
I wonder if Littlefinger will now angle to marry Sansa to cement the tie to Winterfell. You just never know what he has up his sleeve next.
Old 06-22-2016, 12:11 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's a short video about the battle visual effects
--
Mama to Albert
Old 06-22-2016, 01:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's so cool! I obviously knew the dragons weren't real but it didn't occur to me that some of the horses weren't either. Amazing.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fantastic episode. I'm glad Ramsey bit it, but not happy how... killing a monster in a monstrous way makes you just another monster... that way the vicious circle never stops. Look at Theon... we all hated him, but nobody deserves what he had to go through. That was the point of his story after all, to make us understand this.

Would have preferred if Sansa did it the Stark way, a clean cut with a sword. Well. Still happy he's gone.

Loved Daenerys and the dragons, I had goosebumps. And I am glad that Davos, Thormund and the little Mormont girl are alive. :-))))

Last edited by adrianka; 06-22-2016 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-22-2016, 03:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I want Daenerys and Jon Snow to hook up ... that's all I got today
Old 06-22-2016, 04:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleSheri View Post
Fire and ice. That would be awesome.
Old 06-23-2016, 11:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default GoT

Quote:
I'm sticking with my theory that Jon is not really a 'Snow', but a Targaryan.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
This has been my hope for a long time!!! They're my faves, they both seem overall good, I just love them. Talking with other fans, a lot of them assume that Jon is really a Targaeryan(probably spelled that wrong) and related. I'm hoping not lol. Seriously I hope they get together and rule everything
Old 06-23-2016, 05:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I never would have thought for them to get together. I would have assumed he sworn off women after his wildling died!