Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2023, 07:54 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default things you put off purchasing

are there things that you know that you need or need to be replaced that you have put off purchasing?

We have needed new towels forEVER and I finally bit the bullet and ordered some new ones.. It's really nice having new towels now and I kind of wish I didn't wait so long because our old ones were really needing to go.
Old 09-20-2023, 08:01 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

yes, I hear you loud and clear on those towels. we got new ones not that long ago and oooh.. nice!

we finally got more cutlery for meat. keeping a kosher kitchen we separate between meat and dairy meals so basically have two kitchens worth of cutlery/crockery/pots etc and as it's the Jewish New Year hols atm I am hosting a fair few people and realised I needed more cutlery for meat.

Finally bit the bullet the other night and hubs and I finally got another set of 48. now I am happy, lol
Old 09-20-2023, 08:04 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoCee View Post

Finally bit the bullet the other night and hubs and I finally got another set of 48. now I am happy, lol
oh nice!! that should make things a lot nicer for you!
Old 09-20-2023, 08:09 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
oh nice!! that should make things a lot nicer for you!
thanks, it's the small things lol xx
Old 09-20-2023, 09:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

definitely towels I tend to hold off as long as I can, that and bed sheets.
other small things like yes cutlery or silverware

I do need tupperware SO bad, and just haven't bought any yet rofl

Old 09-20-2023, 09:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I need so many things, towels included. But what I really need are new wine glasses. The ones we have are so old and if you look at them closely, are all scratched. Need new everyday glassware too, come to think of it. And I need a new bra. The one I like is no longer being sold and everything I've tried on doesn't fit right. Sigh...I hate bra shopping!

Old 09-20-2023, 09:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have disliked the drapes in our house since the day we moved in 23 years ago. Now, our vertical blinds don't work in the family room, so it's time to replace the whole mess!
Old 09-20-2023, 10:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Mattress. I spend 1/3 of my life there but I can't justify the expense lol My mom always gives us $$ for Christmas, I think that will be what we earmark it for this year, as we really need a new one!

Also - underwear for me. I lost 110 lbs, and gained back 20 of it ... still wearing the same undies. Whoopsies.

Old 09-20-2023, 10:20 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

it's not really a need, but I would so love to replace our dining wares. Right now, everything is a mix and match kind of thing, since we bought and accumulated them bit by bit from 13 years ago when we just arrived in Beijing, rented places and moved into our own after several years. I thought it would be nice to have a nice set of dining wares... but I am picky and it's not really a need, so I haven't really found the justification to really bit the bullet.
Old 09-21-2023, 09:39 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For me it is the opposite...getting rid of the old! Our dishes/silverware is a hodgepodge bc KIDS! Things break/get throw away/lost. I have bought new bowls...silverware is a mix of I don't know how many sets from my hubby's grandmother. We found a big bag of silverware in her kitchen when she passed. I try to watch for sales to grab things...One thing we do need is PILLOWS! We bought some but they didn't work...We finally got a new bed..went from queen to king so new quilt, sheets etc!
My next purchase is printing photos for our gallery wall and other home decor. 14 years in this house and we are still trying to figure it all out
Old 09-21-2023, 09:49 AM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
Mattress. I spend 1/3 of my life there but I can't justify the expense lol My mom always gives us $$ for Christmas, I think that will be what we earmark it for this year, as we really need a new one!

Also - underwear for me. I lost 110 lbs, and gained back 20 of it ... still wearing the same undies. Whoopsies.
Girl, same! I have lost 30 lbs, and I think it was all in my rear. hahaha I have to get me some new undies.

And we bought a new mattress about a year ago, and it was life changing. Seriously. I suffer from migraines. And I wake up with mine. I still have them, but not as often. I am convinced it was the crappy mattress making them worse!

I create for: Laura Wilkerson, Meagan's Creations & WendyP Designs ** Check out my Blog! **
Old 09-21-2023, 09:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidia G View Post
And I need a new bra. The one I like is no longer being sold and everything I've tried on doesn't fit right. Sigh...I hate bra shopping!
This! I have several that SHOULD be retired. The style I like got 'resized' so I don't know what size to order anymore and hate going in and trying a bunch on.
Old 09-21-2023, 11:49 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We put up this "gallery wall" in April... I still haven't ordered photos!
Old 09-21-2023, 01:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post

Ugh mattress shopping is the worst! You know you need it but you can?t seem to justify the huge expense! We finally got one a few months ago and I have to say I really like it. I was dreading it and fearing I wouldn?t end up liking it but it?s serving its purpose.

I usually put off big expenses but if it?s minimal then I?ll replace things as soon as I see the need. Like forks, we realized we were running the dishwasher just so we could get more forks. Easy purchase. Too bad they don?t fit into the dishwasher utensil slots though lol

I would really want a real bed, you know with the cushiony headrest but can never justify spending that much money. Plus it?s not something we need.

And I?m always the one blowing the budget with my stupid medical bills.
Old 09-21-2023, 01:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
Oh how cool is that wall!!
Old 09-21-2023, 02:32 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Like, anything for myself usually...and towels, we really need towels.
Old 09-21-2023, 02:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We need a new bed frame. We bought ours in 2002 when we were still stationed in Japan. I painted the head and foot board when we moved into this house, but it's looking crappy, we're the only one that sees it though.

We'd like to get a king size bed, so we're holding out. Our mattress will be 10 years old next year, so maybe next time we replace the mattress we'll finally take the plunge and upgrade.
Old 09-21-2023, 02:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leablahblah View Post
Oh how cool is that wall!!
Thanks, Lea! I really love how it came out. After we get the frames filled, we're going to do another one in our stairwell that goes up 20' to the ceiling!
Old 09-21-2023, 03:12 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm

Love that gallery wall too Tammy! It is awesome!!

Shoes for me. I hate shoes and am always barefoot. Have a favorite pair of flip flops that have almost worn through to the ground. They're only $30... still haven't clicked buy on a new pair LMAO
Old 09-21-2023, 03:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Add me to the new mattress list! Mattress shopping is just weird too. Who wants to lay on a bed, in a store, that who knows how many other people have layed down on. Just sitting on the edge doesn't seem the same though (but it's what I would prefer). I think it's just such a huge purchase that you are stuck with!

Also, 2 laptops. One for me and one for my youngest daughter. Holding out as long as I can. Probably Feb for both the laptops and the mattress (but medical bills need to be paid off first).
Old 09-21-2023, 03:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Tammy, your gallery wall is amazing! We need a new refrigerator. When we remodeled a few years ago decided to buy a counter depth side by side. What . A . Waste. It's just hubby and I at home and we don't have a ton in the fridge, but it is a total PITA finding a way to stock it - and then finding what's in it. It's such a big expense and this fridge works, so I can't quite justify it quite yet.
Old 09-21-2023, 03:45 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

i agree with so many of you that mattress shopping is the absolute WORST!!
Old 09-21-2023, 09:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Love your gallery wall!! I have the frames for one but no pics yet as well as frames around the house with no photos yet...need to get them printed. We are making a travel wall...so picking photos is HARD!!
Old 09-21-2023, 10:59 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

The gallery wall looks amazing! Little things I'm usually good about buying as needed, but big ones I put off. Not counting a lot of house things (redoing a bathroom and the basement) I think a new computer is the main thing. Mine is 4.5 years old, which is about as long as I've ever had one. It's not running terribly yet because I've swapped out the HD and RAM, but the physical laptop is breaking. I try to keep it open on my desk so I don't make the hinges or crack in the plastic worse. That said, I don't want to have to set up a new computer or learn Windows 11! There are too many other demands on my time right now--I want to wave my magic wand and just make this laptop last for a few more years!
Old 09-23-2023, 10:27 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just change the towels and I'm so happy I did! lol!
Now my obsession is the plates, I just can't stand our old ones anymore but unfortunately I can't afford the ones I want right now.
I also need a new tumble dryer soon as mine dry when it wants.
I would love changing my old Iphone11 but can't afford it too.
And a new iron would be appreciate it too but actually it seems like everything goes wrong. I just hit my car (again) so lot's of things will wait unfortunately.
Tammy Love your gallery wall!
Old 09-23-2023, 01:42 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm pretty good about updating the cheaper things, it's the expensive ones that we tend to put off. We've talked about fencing our backyard & adding stairs to our deck since we moved in (over 10 years ago!) and are literally JUST now doing it- and pretty much only because our lil bratty coopy dog cannot stay within our wireless electric fence. I think he likes to be shocked on the daily...

Another big thing is painting our house. It needs done now but since we put in the fence/stairs, I want to pay that off before we paint, so that's going to be at least a year or so longer....

**I totally agree about bras tho- I tend to just buy the 2 pack sportsbras at costco, but probably need a 'real' one!
**Tammy your gallery wall is amazing! Even without pics- the mix of frames is awesome!
**We've updated all the mattresses in the house over the last few years, so thankfully that's off our list- we love the nectar mattress that come in a box. SO comfortable!
Old 09-23-2023, 02:29 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I need a new vacuum.
I LOVE my Shark, but after almost 10 years the switch to turn it on and off gets stuck. And then I have to unplug it to turn it off, get my hubby to fiddle with it... sometimes it doesn't want to turn on either. But the new one (just like this one) is almost $300.... and after spending almost $600 on new glasses and all our vacations this summer and Christmas coming...

We also need a new pool cover... and that's almost $200... the cheap ones last a year or two and rip, then my pool is green when I open it...

Towels... I did buy us some new ones this year, loved them so much, grabbed a second set... gave the old ones to the kids...lol

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 09-23-2023, 02:31 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

OMG!!! I love your gallery wall!!!! So cool!!!

Quote:

Guest CT for Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Old 09-23-2023, 03:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by StacyLynn View Post
I need a new vacuum.

I need this too! Our house (which we bought 2 years ago) has central vac but it is really terrible, and will be more to fix than to just get a new one that isn't in the walls.

Old 09-23-2023, 05:39 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Sheets, towels, socks, pots and pans, things that are needed and nice to have new, but for some reason do not buy. Instead, I ask for them at Christmas cause my mom always wants a Christmas list and she buys nice ones. I recently bought new towels, but they were cheap and are small. lol
Old 09-23-2023, 07:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Holy moly Tammy - that must have taken a while to figure out the balance of that gallery wall.
Old 09-23-2023, 07:56 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I think I'm putting off stuff like updating furniture in various rooms, painting the interior walls, and we need new carpet. I figure all of that will cost a fortune so I keep putting things off.
Old 09-24-2023, 09:10 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

A coffeemachine, i have a senseo and it doesn't work anymore.
But i don't drink coffee.
It would only be used when my son visits, he drinks it.
Old 09-24-2023, 11:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyM View Post
Holy moly Tammy - that must have taken a while to figure out the balance of that gallery wall.
LOL! We laid it out on the floor, but it morphed as we put it up. My motto is mostly "play with it til it works"
Old 09-24-2023, 05:53 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

There's so much on my list. Fortunately we bought a new mattress for the master bedroom 3 years ago, so we got that over with. My son needs one, though. We've needed new carpet for YEARS, but we've got these aquariums that make it nearly impossible to replace it. We also need new living room furniture and a new dining room set. I replaced towels about 2 years ago.

We really do need kitchen and bathrooms remodels. UGH! I don't even want to think about the cost.
Old 09-24-2023, 09:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

light bulbs. The tv room hasn't had light for like 2 months. ufffff