Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default Here is my sign......

Bill Engvall has a skit about people that are not so bright~stupid~and these people should wear sign so others can help them along.........

I have had one of these weekends........
My husband let me pick the place for lunch when we went to the big city an hour from our home~I want to point out so you will know I dont see ads for this restaurant. I was a fan of the show Twin Peaks. I loved the log lady. I thought a restaurant with that name would be kinda rustic but have good burgers. The sign outside the restaurant says "Good Eats and Scenic Views." The restaurant was facing the mountains. There were 5 of us for lunch. Me, my Dh, 18 year old SS, 16 year old SS and my 6 year old.

I was a little shocked when I walked in. I expected someone to hand me my stupid sign.........The twin peaks became apparent quickly. The young ladies has on short shorts and small shirts. We stayed. They weren't spilling out of their shirts so I thought it would be ok. It was expect for the fact that my DH teased me for the whole meal. The funny thing was that the price for the meal was quite reasonable and the food was good. And we had the nicest waitress ever.

The second incident happened with my DS. He was playing with his legos. He came and told me that he was making a ballerina. I thought how cute. He is making me a ballerina..........2 hours later he showed me his Battle Arena that he made from Duct tape..............I am sure I have that sign now.

Have you had anything happen recently that make you sure you have a sign?
Old 10-04-2009, 11:59 PM
The Ghost of Awesome Past

profile gallery send pm

Bwhahahahahahahahahaha... Twin Peaks! Scenic views! I can SO see myself making that mistake too! LOL Wow, I haven't thought about Twin Peaks in forever. remember that lady (was is the police secretary?) with that super high voice? ya, I thought that was awesome and wanted to sound like her. seriously. I was like 13. LOL
Old 10-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

LOL I love it...we have alot of those kinds of places where I live but usually they are like sports bars/restaurants. Kinda a rip-off of Hooters. One we went to about a year ago was kinda unexpected. Its called Dogs-R-Us...um yea can you imagine telling people you work at Dogs-R-Us?? (they serve mostly hotdogs/sausages but also other foods and have a full bar)

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 10-05-2009, 08:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

hahahaha!! "Here's your sign...." oh well. happens to the best of us. i probably would have gone there too! the "Good Eats and Scenic Views" is misleading...My Dh would have loved it, lol.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh that is too funny! And I'm LOL'ing at the "Ballerina" because I can so see myself making that mistake!