Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2009, 01:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom
Default Early Xmas shopping?

So with 5 kids we have been picking up little things here and there. What are some of the things your kids have asked for this year? I always have trouble finding those really "GREAT" gifts that the kids play with forever.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i started shopping too...i have a few things for my son and for a couple of kids in the family...i want to be finished by december 1st so i can enjoy the month of december without having to stress over finding gifts for people...
Old 10-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

I am usually almost done by now, but I only just started last week. Moving really messed up my plans.

I just ordered Amelia a pink mini laptop as her big gift.
We're getting Benjamin a DSi
Not sure about Rae yet
Old 10-25-2009, 02:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm pretty much done with the kids, I want to get Keira maybe 2 more things and Cooper one more small thing.
Kids Gifts
Old 10-25-2009, 02:48 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Ugh, I feel so behind! I have only half of each of my parents gifts and thats it! I am normally well into my shopping by now, but things are so crazy.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:56 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So far we have gotten a bunch of books that were Cheap on amazon. Dec. is super stressful and hard on me with my oldest son's birthday on the 8th and my second oldest son's birthday on the 24th! Not to mention we are going home for xmas to Utah (not because I wanted too) and I am going to have to do xmas early since we are leaving on the 24th! I am freaking out!
Old 10-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to newfiemountiewife Send a message via Yahoo to newfiemountiewife

Yeah I'm freaking out too. I design my own cards, Calendars, it's my busiest time of year for work, and I hate not being mostly done by now.

DH and I are supposedly going to get a new bedroom set for Christmas, I'm not sure if that's what we're still doing or not at this point. I was hoping we were, easy gift, no shopping for each other required. LOL
Old 10-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

Normally I am mostly done with shopping by now but this year, given what the kids want, I'm waiting until after Thanksgiving for the sales. We're getting Wii Sports Resort and some new accessories for the family. DS1 is still considering what games he would like for his Nintendo DS. DS2's birthday is in January so I'll be pricing a DS and games for him while Christmas shopping. I'm on the look out for books about WWII, warriors, castles, ninjas, ect for both boys. I'm also waiting for some deals on DVDs.

Neither child seems to have specific wants this year. They want everything they see a commercial for but when I ask them to sit down & give me a list they can't think of anything except Wii Sports Resort and My Sims Agents
Old 10-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm thinking about it too. I would like to have it mostly done by Dec. 1. (And I'm hand stitching on napkins for my sister because they are making most of their gifts this year -- so I have to get those finished too).

If anyone has young kids I really like the Weekly Reader book set at QVC. It seems pricey, but if you figure out price per book/cd it seems pretty reasonable. And each story comes with a CD so when you just can't read it "again" you can pop in the cd. They put out a new set of stories each year. They've always been a winner here and now I lend them out to my mom when she babysits.

I haven't figured out what scrapping gifts I'm making yet.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We only have 2 kids, but we've started shopping for them already! They each have a couple things so far but we still have to get their big gifts. We have to find a good time to do that when we have a sitter (aka family member) to sit with them
We want to get our 4 year old a train table and train set for his big gift. They have a really nice one at our somewhat-local Target. And we want to get the baby a Jumperoo play station because she already loves to bounce when we're holding onto her.
Other than that, I'm kinda clueless on what else to get them for a few more small things, though.

Creating for Melissa Bennett & Lliella Designs!!

Old 10-25-2009, 06:27 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rachaelsscraps View Post
train table and train set for his big gift.

the baby a Jumperoo play station
These were 2 of the best buys I have ever done. The Jumperoo would get me hours of time. Seriously, it was no big deal for him to jump for an hour at 6 months! Thats a ton of time at that age to clean or just sit by yourself. And last year we got my son a train table and set and he runs to play with that first every single day still. So great choices!
Old 10-25-2009, 06:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

DS#1 turns 21 the week before Christmas so we will probably combine the two presents... he really wants some kind of laptop that you can "draw" on the screen to use in his graphic arts classes at DeVry....my guess is that it is extremely expensive and no way we can afford it...even with my parents helping out. He may have to bring his wish wayyyyyyyy down in order to fit the budget!

DS#2 hasn't said what he wants...but several times this year he has mentioned he would like a real Ipod (he has a lil MP3 player that doesn't even have 1 GB)...so we will be majorly surprising him with an Ipod Touch! I paid for all but I think $46 of it with Target GC that I got when filling prescriptions.

DS#3 is getting a DS Lite...he is saying he wants a DSi but after hearing everyone's reviews of it here...he is getting the DS Lite...this way he can also get a game! We paid for all of it with Target GC from filling prescriptions! This sure helps with the Christmas budget!

They will be getting some other small things... i.e. #3 just got some slippers from Avon (dh and DS#1 really like theirs) today ... I have a few t-shirts that DS #3 will like as it's big brother's fave brand so he will love it too (he has a few)...they are nature themed shirts.

I picked up Monsters vs Aliens when it came out with a good deal...but in comparison to most years...I'm kinda behind!
Old 10-25-2009, 08:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have almost everything ordered. Need to buy my 15 y.o. son some socks for his stocking and then candy and gum for the stocking. Also need to pick up giftcards for each kid as their Santa gift. Otherwise, it's all bought for my 3 kids, my dh and I. Yes, I buy my own gifts and that way I know I like them.

Especially that new Meredith Fenwick necklace dh bought me on Etsy.

We still have to buy for my family -- my mom & dad, my BIL and my 3 y.o. niece. Probably should pick up something small for my in-laws. I try to give them something made with photos each year. It never fails... if we buy them something nice, Dan's siblings will go out and buy something big and then expect us to contribute. So they'll get a photo or something, but that's it.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm pretty much done for our three kids, the UPS man should be delivering the girls big gifts tomorrow! This is the earliest I've probably ever been done with them before!!

The girls are each getting an American Girl doll and two extra outfits, two Moxie Girlz dolls, 3 Webkinz and box set of books (got @ the book fair @ school). Kyle will have more gifts quantity wise, but his are much less expensive! He is getting the Fisher Price Imaginext Spike Jr. & T-Rex dinosaurs, two Spiderman toys, the Toy Story Rocket Rescue set, the Go Diego Go Extreme Rescue pack, 3 small motorcycles, a Webkinz pony and some dinosaur board books. All I have left to get are their new pajamas and stocking stuffers - we do slippers or fun socks, new toothbrushes, toothpaste, body wash and fruit snacks and juice boxes.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:28 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I am almost finished if I can find them........
I bought most of my gifts in January......I put them away in the garage...

A DS lite for my little one and a charger thingie for DH and I am done...if I can find the other gifts..................
Old 10-26-2009, 05:03 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I haven't even started. My mother in law has been hounding me for the last 2 weeks on ideas for my girls and I haven't been much help. For some reason I have just had a hard time getting ideas. I did send her a few idea's last night though. My MIL likes to start shopping early. Me....I would like to, but never do. Unfortunately. LOL
Old 10-26-2009, 08:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We didn't want to give many toys this year since the house is already overflowing, so my two older sons will get books and DVDs. I also got them the Colorforms kit. I ordered some things on lego.com and got them some Mega Blocks at a yard sale. Yes, they are used, but why not? They are in perfect shape.

My younger son is getting Hot Wheels, toy tools and toy instruments.

I still need to fill their stockings and maybe get 1 or 2 Wii things to go with the Wii my mother is getting them (and us) for Christmas.

And I still need to buy some presents for the other kids in the family.
Old 10-26-2009, 08:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here's what my girls have asked for...the ones with the asterisks are the ones they are getting for sure, whether it be from us, Santa or their grandparents.

Kristen wants:
*Moxie girl (Avery)
*Monsters vs. Aliens DVD
*Hannah Montana the Movie Soundtrack CD
*hockey net (to use for soccer in the yard)
Peppermint dog, fox, *giraffe, *pink cockatoo & guinea pig Webkinz
*Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story DS game
Barbie & the 3 Musketeers doll
*Scribblenauts DS game

Kaylee wants:
*Moxie girl (Sophina)
*keyboard
*Sleeping Beauty dress-up kit
*Up DVD
*Dora Christmas Carol DVD
Dora Christmas DVD

I'm about 90% done my Christmas shopping for everyone and only need to get stocking stuffers for DH & I, a few gifts for me (yes, I buy my own Christmas gifts ) and a gift for my ILs.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think it would be easier to list the things my kids have not asked for. Every time they see something on TV they start running to me or their dad and saying, "I really want that." Of course, they really don't and I know they wouldn't play with half of it so I am always going through and trying to find just the right things they would play with. I did get them both an ipod nano from Walmart online the other day. Since the new ipod nano's have made their debut you can get a good deal on the old ones and they love music and games so I feel it will be a good one for them.
Old 10-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

my oldest 2 just want a couple big gifts and I made sure they knew if they get the big stuff that's it..to not be upset b/c really with 5 kids it's hard to get them all what they want. My oldest wanted a new ipod nano, estee lauder beautiful perfume, and a laptop (my idea kinda..) and my son wanted an ipod nano and a guitar and lessons..so that's it for them (the laptop will get shared but mainly used for schoolwork)

Cam is all about barbies..and an american girl doll
Ryleigh and Teaghan don't really care what they get..lol Probably just a couple toys each and some clothes and DVDs..I've bought a few things (the ipods lol) but need to get a move on

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 10-26-2009, 09:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm usually done by now! I still have a good bit to go this year. The only people I don't know what I'm getting yet is my FIL, my nephew, & the rest of my Dad's! I know what I'm getting everyone else, I just have to finish buying it all. lol What I'm most excited about is my Christmas gift from hubby, IPHONE!!!!!!
Most of the girls in the family (mom, MIL, 2 SIL's & one niece) are all getting Vera Bradley bags! My mom, 1 SIL & niece, this will be their 1st VB, so I'm pretty excited about that too! Of course, I'm hoping for a new one from my MIL!
Old 10-26-2009, 10:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have dh's gift bought and my oldest dd started on her Christmas list yesterday. So far all she has on it is a new camera to replace the one she broke a few months ago and some Fashion Designer game for her ds. I don't have a clue what the other two kids are going to get.

We were planning to get the kids a laptop for their big Santa gift but dh got a good deal on used laptops through work so they already got that one. Screwed up my plans but we got off a lot cheaper than we would have! Instead of that, I think we may do a new motorized vehicle for them to share. The jeep we got the girls for Christmas 4 years ago quit working a week ago and they miss it already.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

After reading this and everyone is almost done shopping I feel like a total loser! I still don't even know what to get them. My oldest wants an Ipod/Zune which DH actually already bought him a referbed one for 45$ with some internet deal so he now wants to give him that for his Birthday which means I have no clue what to get him for Xmas.

My 2nd son wants a PSP since he best friend has one so I think that is doable but still leaves me lost for his birthday gift.

DD wants everything she sees on TV that has to do with Art stuff or Baking stuff.

My youngest 2 sons haven't said really anything they want except for Xbox games which I hate only buying xbox stuff. So boring! LOL