Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-03-2015, 07:28 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Default Family AND Kids Albums

Does anyone do both?

If so what do you put in each? Do you just do a single card for the family album and then do like pages in a kids album?

I really am stuck with what I would like to happen in my documenting.

At this stage I have been using the app and just had a weekly family album. Alot of focus on what the kids are doing not necessarily what is happening with the weather or just everyday stuff.

I guess I am just looking to see what everyone else does to see if I can get some inspiration...

And now back to the confusion in my head...lol...
Old 07-04-2015, 02:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have separate album for each kid ( one album per year ), then a project life/pocket style weekly one for me where I document everything from the weather to nail polish or what we ate/did/saw that week. Holidays/vacations that last more than a few days get their own albums.
Old 07-04-2015, 02:53 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Christine, I have just had a look at your gallery WOW!!! They are some amazing pages Thanks for sharing what has worked for your family. Will go and have a good look through
Old 07-08-2015, 06:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

When I was a paper scrapper I had 1 album per kid (thinking ahead to when they are older and want to take them), and I had an album for each year of things we did together as a family. (at one point I had a different album per holiday that I added to each year). NOW that I am Digital I just put everything in one album...I can print 3 copies if each kid wants one and then they have everything for the entire family instead of just themselves. I think this is why I haven't been able to get into full pocket mode... I think I would end up with WAY too many pages that way.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:47 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Yes Jenn that's what I was thinking of doing and then I was like what about the moments where I want to do direct something specific to one of the kids..lol..

Honestly I should just scrapbook whatever and let them decide when I'm no longer around..lol..
Old 07-23-2015, 03:08 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a book of my husband and I that is more of a family one, and then I have books for the kids. I do each kid separately so I often print the same page 3 times if it's got all of them in it.

Old 07-23-2015, 08:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I just do chronological albums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-25-2015, 04:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I struggle with this! For the longest time I was making a lot of Shutterfly albums. I had one printed for the book case for now, one for the future and one printed for each child, so I typically had 3-4 copies made of each book. If it was just a book for the child I had one put in the book case, one for them for the future and one for me for the future. I haven't had any layouts printed in a long time. We just view them on the computers. I really need to start deciding what I want to do exactly. Given the attitude my kids have about my pages right now, I have a feeling we will need for each of them to have their own albums. They love their books! I'm thankful for that, but it would be easier if they weren't interested.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

That's the glory of being digital. Do whatever albums feels right to you, then give your kids a hard drive or flash drive of all the layouts so they can print more themselves once they leave home/get married etc. At the moment I just do separate albums for my girls, and an All About Me one for myself. If it's a family activity I put a copy in both kid's albums. I used to do a weekly or monthly family summary (P365 or P12), but it got to be too much for me and I've let that go now. I print photobooks at the end of every year. If I scrap something out of sequence the next year it just goes at the front of the next album. I figure as long as it's documented the kids won't care.