Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community

Old 02-19-2018, 03:01 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Qotd: President's day. Do you celebrate president's day? (02/19

Today is presidents day in the US.
For those of us living in the US...
Do you celebrate it? What do you do on this day?
Do you have the day off from work? Or is it just another regular day?

Old 02-19-2018, 03:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's not really a day that is celebrated in all honestly, it's just a day that all the banks are closed, kids have off from school, and everything on military posts is closed down it seems, lol! I get to sleep in since I don't have to take my kids to school, and they had friday off too. It's been nice having them home for a few days. I miss them when they're at school!

Old 02-19-2018, 09:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here in Nova Scotia it is Heritage Day (I believe it is family day in most other provinces but not all)..... it's still a fairly new holiday here.... nothing special going on, just an extra day off for the kids and stores are all closed. I think the boys and I will have a movie marathon today (classic comedies), that is IF they wake up any time soon. lol
Old 02-19-2018, 10:01 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

No, don't really celebrate in the same sense as say Christmas. The kids are off today (and the rest of the week as this is their February break - they'll have another week off for spring break in April) and hubby has off today. I, on the other hand, as a college student who is doing it all online, do not have today off, so I've been up since 5:30am to get a paper finished while it's quiet and they are sleeping. I am about 65% finished. Truthfully, I just want to have a big cup of coffee and scrapbook...adulting is hard. LOL

Old 02-19-2018, 03:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I actually dislike the monday holidays- as I'm off mondays & it's one of my 'clean house/laundry'/get stuff done days while the hubby is at work/kids at school. So when they are ALL home- it makes it much more difficult to get my stuff done- although I have helpers! It just mucks up my normal routine!
Old 02-19-2018, 03:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

No actual celebrating here either but the kiddos are home from school and any day I don't have to put real clothes on and go out of the house is a day worth celebrating in my book! Lol...
Old 02-20-2018, 12:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I totally forgot it was president's day till 1. The bank wasn't open 2. More kids than usual in the store annoying the crap out of me.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My husband and kids get the day off of work and school so we usually try to do something as a family. It snowed a lot though so we didn’t venture out until the evening. We dropped the kids off with my mom and went out for s date. The kids played with friends during the day. I worked early in the morning, then cleaned and played with the kids. My husband had some schoolwork he needed to finish. All in all, it was a relaxing day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-20-2018, 08:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

The kids and I had the day off from school/work (I work for the school district). My husband had to work. I went to the gym in the morning which was nice because I usually have to go after work. I also went grocery shopping.

The kids and I did bake a cake though...so maybe we did celebrate? LOL!

Old 02-20-2018, 10:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

It was a nice day off. My boys slept in, but they both had homework to do. I helped a friend start packing for a move and then had some much needed me time scrapping.
Old 02-20-2018, 11:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Here in Ontario it was Family Day, schools, banks and government offices were closed.

I spent the day watching the Olympics, knitting and scrapping a bit. My son is away at school and my dog is presently at the breeders waiting for her litter to be born
Old 02-20-2018, 01:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saar View Post
Today is presidents day in the US.
For those of us living in the US...
Do you celebrate it? What do you do on this day?
Do you have the day off from work? Or is it just another regular day?
No celebration. Unfortunately I am a contractor so I have the day off of work but do not get paid. I would have to work 10 hour days to make it up this week to get a full pay check. Unfortunately today our area got hit by an ice storm so off work another day without pay. I have got to get a permanent job with benefits....but have some studying to do to get a certification in my field so I can hope to have one this summer. :-)

I did a bit of shopping this morning and then my son and his girlfriend came over for lunch ... so that was a nice bonus! Had a women InfoSec meeting last night so that was interesting. :-)

Last edited by Sharon Kay; 02-20-2018 at 01:13 PM.