Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-20-2018, 01:58 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Spring Break?

When are your kids on spring break? do you have any plans? can i live vicariously through you? can i tag along on your family vacation - maybe i can go instead of a kid? hahaha

We're on spring break here for 2 weeks.. we still have lots and lots of snow here though.. no real plans to do anything either.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:06 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Our March Break (aka Spring break) was last week for us. I run a home daycare so it was business as usual for our family, except my 2 older girls were home as well as all the daycare kids. I, for one, am very thankful they are back to school this week. My girls love school and are very active busy kids, so school is a good thing for them.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:37 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

ours was last week as well.. since the weather was so so, we didn't do anything special.. if it was nice, we went for a longer walk, if the weather got worse, we were at home playing games, watching TV and such.. but, let me tell you, it was a looong week!
Old 03-20-2018, 02:40 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I don't know why we have two weeks... I think one is good because it gives a break but I do feel like christmas break just happened!
Old 03-20-2018, 02:50 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

yeah, two weeks sounds way too much for just a spring break.. we do have another break for Easter too though.. Thursday to Monday starting next week..
Old 03-20-2018, 03:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My kids are out next week and the Monday after Easter. No big plans. I think my niece is going to come stay with us for a couple days. Otherwise, Matt and I both work so the kids are stuck at home.

Old 03-20-2018, 03:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

We have the same spring break week as Carrie. I have the same break as the kids. DH is working, but the kids and I were thinking of driving up to see family. Now I think we're going to postpone the road trip, though--we couldn't make definite plans until we got the date a contractor was going to start work, and it's gotten late while we were waiting. I know my parents still want us to come, but I think my siblings' families have other things scheduled.

So it will mostly be a week at home. We'll do staycation stuff like going to the library, hiking (if the weather ever gets warmer!), the movies, etc.
Old 03-20-2018, 04:33 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My kids are too young for school but I'm a teacher so our break is the first week of April right after Easter. Nothing planned, as usual!
Old 03-20-2018, 06:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Spring Break starts on Friday for my middle and on Monday for my oldest.

We will be babysitting a little boy who's moving from the mountain down on post. So depending on how many days I have him while his family moves determines what we do in town.

My oldest, even though she's on Spring Break, she's in the GT Pathway program and still has to attend her college classes. So I'll be taking her to/from to the college on Wed, Thurs and Friday.

My goal for the week:
Helen Hunt Falls
Garden of the Gods
Seven Falls
Wind Cave
Penny Arcade in Manitou Springs (and window-shopping)
Incline

But it all depends on the little boy we are watching and my daughter's college classes.
Old 03-20-2018, 07:44 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My Kiddos are out 3/30-4/8. We will be in Palm Desert the second half of the week and come back to a soccer tournament.
Old 03-21-2018, 12:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

wow two weeks? We get a week the week after easter. My husband is about to leave for a few months so it will be nice to have the kids home to see him every time he comes home. He tries to come home for lunch and he will get to see them then. We aren't going anywhere at all.

We're about to move so we're going to wait to go anywhere until then, lol

Old 03-21-2018, 09:32 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My daughter's Spring Break starts on Good Friday. We have an Easter egg hunt Saturday morning, and I have a Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America chapter meeting Saturday afternoon that I'm helping set up/run as I offered them space at the church where I work. We have Easter at my parents' Sunday afternoon.

I have Mondays off so the kids and I are going out to lunch with my grandfather Monday afternoon. I'm not sure what else we'll do that day --- hopefully it will be warmish so we can go to the park with a picnic or something.

I work Tuesday-Friday so the kids will be with my parents Tuesday and Wednesday & then DH is taking Thursday and Friday off to watch the kids and use up some PTO. He is planning on taking the kids down to see his parents at some point but I'm not sure when. I am excited to get 2-4 days by myself!

While the kiddos are down with DH and his son and his parents, I am working out plans for the weekend to hang out with friends, possibly a sleepover with my sister depending on how she feels after her outpatient surgery Thursday, and dinner Saturday night with my parents, sister, grandfather, and two aunts and an uncle who are coming in from out of town that I haven't seen in 7 years.

I hope we can actually do something over Spring Break next year!
Old 03-21-2018, 09:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No Spring Break here, either. Thanks to all the school closings from snow days, the kids only have off Thurs & Friday before Easter and then Monday after. We just had to buy a new vehicle thanks to my husband's transmission dying on us, so no fun little trips for us this year, either. So, YES, please share photos of your Spring Break vacays!
Old 03-21-2018, 10:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Cheyanne is on break from April 14-April 22. I'm having a colonoscopy and endoscopy if you want to tag along

Other than that, no plans this year. Track season has started and she has a meet in the middle of vacation so we couldn't go anywhere if we wanted to. I just hope the snow is melted by that time!
Old 03-21-2018, 12:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My boys are on spring break next week...it's going to be a very exciting week, you're welcome to join us Let's see...Monday, I have an anticoag appointment, Tuesday, the boys have dentist appointments and Wednesday, my youngest has a doctor appointment. Woohoo!! So much fun!
I was hoping to be able to do a fun road trip, but my youngest still has his online classes to do over the break, so we'll just be home most of the time.
Old 03-21-2018, 07:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Our spring break starts on Good Friday and the girls are off all the next week. The older 2 are going on their first college visit with friends from Church, so they are super excited about that! My husband's brother and his sons will be visiting from Idaho, so the weekend will be spent with them. I do want to go to my dad's to help him go through my mom's things, if he is ready to do that! If not, I guess we'll just kinda stay home and relax!
Old 03-22-2018, 11:03 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
Cheyanne is on break from April 14-April 22. I'm having a colonoscopy and endoscopy if you want to tag along

Other than that, no plans this year. Track season has started and she has a meet in the middle of vacation so we couldn't go anywhere if we wanted to. I just hope the snow is melted by that time!
Good luck with those appointments! And no thank you but I don't think I want to tag along!
Old 03-22-2018, 12:05 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Our spring break is next week. We were supposed to to go Hawaii today.... but to the doctor's orders I had to postpone our vacation until June.
Old 03-22-2018, 12:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by monia13 View Post
Our spring break is next week. We were supposed to to go Hawaii today.... but to the doctor's orders I had to postpone our vacation until June.
OH NO!!! gosh i'm so sorry. That is awful
Old 03-22-2018, 12:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by monia13 View Post
That's such a bummer I'm sorry. I hope everything is better soon & you'll get to go on this trip!
Old 03-22-2018, 02:00 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

We just have the Friday before and the Monday after Easter and call it spring break. I have off the whole time and really want to go somewhere, but I am still recovering from surgery. So our only plans are Easter brunch and hopefully seeing A Wrinkle in Time.
Old 03-22-2018, 02:03 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Our break starts tomorrow. We are not doing anything.

We are planning a 17 day road trip at the end of July....heading north and west.....so that's our vacation this year.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

we are on Spring Break right now as well. So we came to my husband's ONE BEDROOM apt with me, two kids, and a big dog lol WOW we are real close now. lol We are doing stuff around here and going in to Savannah etc just sightseeing and having a relaxed time. Its been so nice spending a whole week with my man again ...but again the one bedroom thing is a lot. I am used to a 5 bedroom house so pray for my sanity.
Old 03-28-2018, 10:04 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Good luck with those appointments! And no thank you but I don't think I want to tag along!
LOL - Thanks Wendy! One of the many pleasures of being over 50 - the first screening colonoscopy
Old 03-28-2018, 10:41 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Last week of april.first week of may.
Going to stockholm in sweden for four days with my youngest son for hisc16th birthday.
He wanted to go to a country we had never bin to.
So we came out in stockholm
Old 03-28-2018, 01:12 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

We homeschool... I was a 'mean' mommy and we aren't having an official spring break. We live in South Florida, everyone is HERE for their spring breaks and the beaches & parks are jam packed. No thank you! I let the kids take a few days with lighter school work when we got the new doggie, and yesterday they had colds so we had a sick day watching movies. Otherwise, no vacay and no school break. We might take a few days off for the beach once all the tourists go back home in a week or so.

Old 03-28-2018, 02:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
LOL - Thanks Wendy! One of the many pleasures of being over 50 - the first screening colonoscopy
LOL! Marie, I had my first mammogram a few months ago. Thankfully it wasn't as bad as everyone said! I'm supposed to go for a colonoscopy, but chickened out & cancelled the appointment
Old 03-28-2018, 02:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
We homeschool... I was a 'mean' mommy and we aren't having an official spring break. We live in South Florida, everyone is HERE for their spring breaks and the beaches & parks are jam packed. No thank you! I let the kids take a few days with lighter school work when we got the new doggie, and yesterday they had colds so we had a sick day watching movies. Otherwise, no vacay and no school break. We might take a few days off for the beach once all the tourists go back home in a week or so.
We didn't always take breaks when we homeschooled, so I'm in the 'mean' mommy category, too! The nice thing (that I really miss about homeschooling) is that you can take breaks when everyone else is at school so you don't deal with as many crowds!
Old 03-28-2018, 05:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We only have ONE day for Spring break because we had too many snow days, according to the school district.
Old 03-29-2018, 08:39 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

My kids were just off in Feb for a week....then this month they've had several half days and full days off for teacher in-service and then starting April 16th, they'll have spring break for a week. Phew!

No real plans for break other than ....wait for it...defunkifying the teen boys room. Seriously, how can a room smell so much? LOL I can't stand looking at the mess any longer. It has to be done. So I am setting aside one day during break to overhaul his room. Good times! LOL

April 23rd my new kitten will be ready to come home and May 4th I am taking the teen to his first concert. So some fun stuff in the works but nothing during spring break. Hopefully, the snow will be mostly gone so we can get out and get some vitamin d in the form of sunshine!

Old 03-29-2018, 11:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Erin, how exciting to be expecting the arrival of your new kitten!!
One of our kitties had to be put to sleep at the beginning of the month. It was devastating. We are missing him SO much. My youngest (this was "his" cat) said a friend at school has a cat that is having kittens and asked if we could take one. At first I said no....I'm still reeling from Vampire's death...but then I realized it would probably help him heal. So, in about 2 months, we'll be getting a new kitten! We haven't had a kitten since we got our oldest kitty (she's 12 now). Yikes!
Old 03-29-2018, 11:43 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Oh Tammy, I am so sorry for your loss. it's so hard cause they are such a part of the family. And not only the bond with us adults, but with our kids. Congrats on getting a new one - it's so exciting knowing a new furbaby is coming.

Rory is now a month old and is getting big. She's a purebred Maine Coon kitten - doubled pawed. I can't wait to bring her home.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:47 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thank you, Erin <3 Oh!! She is ADORABLE!!! My mom had Maine Coons for a while and they were the sweetest, most cuddly kitties. I bet you can't wait to have her home!
Old 04-03-2018, 10:52 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

school is back in session today and I have to say that was one of the longest spring breaks in history! we had snow and not awesome weather for the majority of it and were cooped up in the house.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:22 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
LOL! Marie, I had my first mammogram a few months ago. Thankfully it wasn't as bad as everyone said! I'm supposed to go for a colonoscopy, but chickened out & cancelled the appointment
I've cancelled my colonoscopy, twice. Not something I am in any hurry to do. Since I have had cancer, the mammogram is a yearly thing for me. I asked my doctor if it was really necessary to squish my boobs every year, because at my age, they just don't bounce back like they used to. She said it was.
Old 04-03-2018, 06:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I've cancelled my colonoscopy, twice. Not something I am in any hurry to do. Since I have had cancer, the mammogram is a yearly thing for me. I asked my doctor if it was really necessary to squish my boobs every year, because at my age, they just don't bounce back like they used to. She said it was.
LOL!! I'm definitely not in a hurry for the colonoscopy. I tried to make myself call last week to reschedule, but just couldn't do it
I can imagine it would be important for you to have the mammogram every year, but not something to look forward to. I'm very glad that we have these screenings for early detection...even if they aren't the most pleasant. LOL! I'm right there with you... have a lot of things that don't bounce back the way they used to
Old 04-03-2018, 06:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
school is back in session today and I have to say that was one of the longest spring breaks in history! we had snow and not awesome weather for the majority of it and were cooped up in the house.
I'm sorry your spring break wasn't very enjoyable The weather has been very crazy!!
I was glad on Monday when my boys went back to school yesterday. They didn't want to do anything except play on the computer for the whole break!
Old 04-03-2018, 09:59 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I feel your pain, KCB. It's been cold and rainy since last week and is supposed to snow tonight (!!!!!) so we haven't been able to get outside to do anything.

My mom was planning on taking the kids to the zoo tomorrow but with this weather... they'll be cooped up inside again at their house.
Old 04-04-2018, 12:13 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
When are your kids on spring break? do you have any plans? can i live vicariously through you? can i tag along on your family vacation - maybe i can go instead of a kid? hahaha

We're on spring break here for 2 weeks.. we still have lots and lots of snow here though.. no real plans to do anything either.

We’re on spring break now and aren’t doing anything since we did Disney/Universal in February. Although it seems like everyone in Michigan I know is in Florida right now! Lol!

The weather is nasty, cold and rainy, so we’ll stay in all week!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-07-2018, 08:07 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJSDesigns View Post
I have a yearly mammogram, and I've never had cancer. My doc does things like that for women "my age." Although, he did find a mass a few years back which required a diagnostic mammo. That one was actually painful!

I hope your tests are just routine and they never find anything alarming again.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We started break on Good Friday. My older daughter is coming home from a six day trip to Disney with the marching band. I can't wait as I've never been away from either kid this long. We've had a lot of snow here and super cold weather. Spring? Not yet. LOL
Old 04-07-2018, 10:05 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinShannon View Post
Oh Tammy, I am so sorry for your loss. it's so hard cause they are such a part of the family. And not only the bond with us adults, but with our kids. Congrats on getting a new one - it's so exciting knowing a new furbaby is coming.

Rory is now a month old and is getting big. She's a purebred Maine Coon kitten - doubled pawed. I can't wait to bring her home.

Aah this is so cute
Old 04-07-2018, 01:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Our Spring Break is always the 2nd week of March..... not exactly spring time then so we tend to do a lot of nothing. Then again, is there ever really spring here in Canada? We're about to head into week two of April and it's snowing again