Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2011, 04:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
If the reason you stopped drinking soda was to lose weight, the best thing you can do is go with the lowest calorie option, aka water. Replacing soda with something like sweet tea or lemonade isn't any better than drinking soda. They both have just as many calories if not more in them. Not only can water boost your metabolism but it's a million times better for your health than any other drink.

Oh and I'm with Col - I have no idea how so many of you drink sweet tea. It is beyond gross. You might as well just eat a cup of sugar.
LMAO I was raised on it and I did stop and was gonna start again but b/c you said it's no good then I won't LOL
Seriously I haven't drank any well i'm lying I did last week @ McD's . Ok so that's so out the window I do keep a 1ltr bottle of water in my room so I won't be tempted to walk downstairs and grab something else but it makes run to the bathroom more than I want to in one day but I know it's good for me so I'll stick with it and probably some packets of Lemonade Crystal Light I can't give it all up....

Old 08-18-2011, 04:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
This. I'm a hard-core water drinker (it's all I drink 99% of the time) and very very anti diet anything, especially soda. I won't go into my rant, haha, but I'll just say there's a reason thin people aren't usually the ones drinking diet soda.

If the reason you stopped drinking soda was to lose weight, the best thing you can do is go with the lowest calorie option, aka water. Replacing soda with something like sweet tea or lemonade isn't any better than drinking soda. They both have just as many calories if not more in them. Not only can water boost your metabolism but it's a million times better for your health than any other drink.

Oh and I'm with Col - I have no idea how so many of you drink sweet tea. It is beyond gross. You might as well just eat a cup of sugar.
Preach it!!! I agree with every point you've made here!!!
Old 08-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marnel View Post
I do keep a 1ltr bottle of water in my room so I won't be tempted to walk downstairs and grab something else but it makes run to the bathroom more than I want to in one day but I know it's good for me so I'll stick with
That's what water is supposed to do. LOL!
Old 08-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a friend that lost 7 pounds just by cutting out her daily Dr. Pepper. She made no other changes in her diet or exercise.

Old 08-18-2011, 07:01 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I drink grape juice or cranberry apple juice when I need something besides water. I rarely drink Coke. It makes me feel yucky inside.
Old 08-18-2011, 08:01 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

Also, once you get used to drinking a ton of water, you won't go to the bathroom as much. Your body gets used to it and retains it better and whatnot.

I 100% agree with Lynnette about the diet soda. I've always hated the taste, but the artificial sweeteners and stuff in it make me want to drink it even less. So if you must have a small soda while you're out, just make it a regular one. Eventually though, you won't crave the soda anymore either.
Old 08-20-2011, 12:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by knlchevys View Post
I love Crystal Light in the little packets to add to a water bottle. Probably not the best thing!!
Have you tried the Crystal Light PURE?
Old 08-20-2011, 12:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

There are flavor packets that have no sweeteners and no artificial sweeteners that you can add to water. True Lemon, True Orange (this is the one I like), True Lime and True Grapefruit (this is the newest flavor and I have not had a chance to try it yet but would like to). They also have a lemonade and a raspberry lemonade packet that is sweetened with stevia.
Old 08-20-2011, 01:40 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
Here you go Marnel - most people I know think the ingredients are really odd, but it's quite refreshing

2 liters water (about 8-1/2 cups) or I just use a gallon jug.
1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger root
1 medium cucumber peeled and sliced
1 lemon cut in half lengthwise and sliced
12 or so mint leaves

Just put them all in the jug and sit in fridge overnight. The jug I use has a small enough opening to keep the cukes and lemons from going into my glass when I pour, and I just pick out any mint leaves that come through. You can strain the whole thing through a sieve if you don't want the pulp and ginger.
omg, can almost taste it already!!! Cant wait to make it, THANKS!

Donna
Old 08-20-2011, 09:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are big on Coke Zero in our house - me and DH are beyond addicted. Until I made a decision to stop allowing it in the house, moreso the fridge. I only drink whenever we are out, but I usually order iced tea now.

I noticed when I stopped drinking soda my intake of water shot up. I drink A LOT of water everyday, around 3L or more which is just enough for a woman my size. I am less cranky (no caffeine + sugar) and can now go on a regular day without coffee. Alleluia!!

Water it is!!