Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Unhappy Help! - My Hair

My hair is scaring me. It is soooo different from the way it used to be, maybe a year+ ago. I need to know if this is normal and if or what I can do about it.
I used to LOVE my hair and now I just hate it.

I've got super, super {super} thick hair, some parts are course, but others seem kind of fine. I've never had nice curls, my hair has always had to be straightened unless it's cut short {and the right way} and then if I add enough stuff it'll curl along the sides. I've always had my hair colored and highlighted as well.

Over the past year, the color has gone completely dull, lacklustre and the ends seem fried despite the fact that I get my hair cut every 3 weeks (that's how fast it grows).

I'm so sad. No matter what I do with it, it just doesn't seem right.

The only thing that's really different is that I switched stylists (my friend now cuts my hair) and she uses Lanza products. Could this be the problem?

What else can I do to fix it? If I don't keep up with the color, I'll be gray and that just isn't going to happen.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:53 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

do you naturally have light hair? if you're bleaching/stripping/whatevering your hair to get it blond i'd start there (as far as changes) and do a colour closer to your natural haircolour so you don't have to do so much processing. Otherwise I'm not sure. My hair is pretty pooped out and I haven't dyed it in almost a year now. It's just not bouncing back
Old 08-15-2011, 06:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Have you changed your diet? Maybe a vitamin supplement would help?
Old 08-15-2011, 06:25 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Sorry to tell you its probably your hairstylist. If it was good before and changed when you switched the new stylist is probably overlapping bleach. That will burn your hair and make it seem lifeless. Is there a reason not to go back to the old stylist? I am hairstylist and alot of people overlap bleach and it totally burnes the hair up. Run girl back to the other stylist.
Old 08-15-2011, 07:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pam4gators View Post
Sorry to tell you its probably your hairstylist. If it was good before and changed when you switched the new stylist is probably overlapping bleach. That will burn your hair and make it seem lifeless. Is there a reason not to go back to the old stylist? I am hairstylist and alot of people overlap bleach and it totally burnes the hair up. Run girl back to the other stylist.
This is what I've been afraid of. I actually tried a new stylist back in the fall, to see if that would help, but she did such a hack job of my color, I went back to my friend. I am sooooo leary about changing stylists. My old girl moved, so going back to her is not an option.

For several years, I just colored my own hair and was always really happy with it. But when I "grew" up, I decided that I should be able to have someone else do it for me.

So...do I just keep trying new stylists until I find one that works for my hair?
Old 08-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

Leah I would ask around and see if some of your frends can recommend a great stylist...and then maybe go from there....
Old 08-15-2011, 09:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Look for an Aveda salon in your area. I LOVE their color and so has loads of my military friends. Very natural looking and not fried. You can look up on their website by your zipcode.
Old 08-16-2011, 12:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It could be changing with age...after I had my last baby 2 years ago, I noticed a complete change with my hair. It was really dried out and the texture changed. I had to go from washing my hair everyday to every other day. I had to experiment with a bunch of shampoos/conditioners and ultimately had to go with a salon-brand instead of grocery store brand. I also have noticed an increase in gray hairs, so I color my hair (with a stylist) every 7-8 weeks. I finally got my hair back to a condition that I was happy with. Good luck! I hope you find a solution.

Old 08-16-2011, 12:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
It could be changing with age...after I had my last baby 2 years ago, I noticed a complete change with my hair. It was really dried out and the texture changed. I had to go from washing my hair everyday to every other day. I had to experiment with a bunch of shampoos/conditioners and ultimately had to go with a salon-brand instead of grocery store brand. I also have noticed an increase in gray hairs, so I color my hair (with a stylist) every 7-8 weeks. I finally got my hair back to a condition that I was happy with.
A lot of this is true for me too. And I'm almost completely gray (or I would be if I didn't color religiously!). Gray hair tends to have a different texture.
Old 08-16-2011, 05:50 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorgies5 View Post
It could be changing with age...after I had my last baby 2 years ago, I noticed a complete change with my hair. It was really dried out and the texture changed. I had to go from washing my hair everyday to every other day. I had to experiment with a bunch of shampoos/conditioners and ultimately had to go with a salon-brand instead of grocery store brand. I also have noticed an increase in gray hairs, so I color my hair (with a stylist) every 7-8 weeks. I finally got my hair back to a condition that I was happy with. Good luck! I hope you find a solution.
me too. After each pregnancy my hair changed - never was thick but used to be lots of it!! Now it's just a shadow of my former glory (lol) and if I have it longer than shoulder length it needs layers so it doesnt just hang and look yuk *sigh*

Donna
Old 08-16-2011, 08:18 AM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperboutique View Post
This is what I've been afraid of. I actually tried a new stylist back in the fall, to see if that would help, but she did such a hack job of my color, I went back to my friend. I am sooooo leary about changing stylists. My old girl moved, so going back to her is not an option.

For several years, I just colored my own hair and was always really happy with it. But when I "grew" up, I decided that I should be able to have someone else do it for me.

So...do I just keep trying new stylists until I find one that works for my hair?
What I would do is when you see someone with nice hair ask them who does their hair.