Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 08-18-2017, 07:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Are you a good sleeper?

I have always been a pretty solid 7-8 hour/night sleeper. But, since getting to my late 40s, I find I struggle more with insomnia. I usually fall asleep ok and then wake up a few hours later in the middle of the night. Then I'm awake for a couple hours, finally falling back asleep in the early morning hours. I'm also sort of a light sleeper so I wake up really easily. It's very aggravating!

Are you a good sleeper? How many hours/night? Do you wake up easily?
Old 08-18-2017, 09:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've always been a light sleeper. Having two kids has made me an even lighter sleeper. My 3yo still wakes up twice a night & crawls into bed with DH and me the second time. My 8yo did that until she started going to preschool; I hope he is the same way. I haven't had a good night's sleep since I was pregnant with him.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I hate "wasting" time on sleeping. On an average weeknight, I sleep 5-6 hours. I sleep longer on the weekends (6-7 hours) because I don't have to wake up as early. I used to be a deep sleeper, but since having kids every kidelated noise wakes me up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2017, 12:00 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I lose the ability to be nice without enough sleep ,which is at least 8 hours, so I make bedtime a serious priority, both for my kids & myself.

That being said, I wake up every time I roll over, which seems to be on the hour all night long. I feel like I could really be a nice person if I could only sleep all night without waking.

Also, I love sleeping, and the thing I miss the most about summer is waking up at seven and still having an hour of quiet before the kids woke up. Now we're all up by 6. : (
Old 08-19-2017, 02:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
I lose the ability to be nice without enough sleep ,which is at least 8 hours, so I make bedtime a serious priority, both for my kids & myself.

That being said, I wake up every time I roll over, which seems to be on the hour all night long. I feel like I could really be a nice person if I could only sleep all night without waking.

Also, I love sleeping, and the thing I miss the most about summer is waking up at seven and still having an hour of quiet before the kids woke up. Now we're all up by 6. : (

This is me...all of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-19-2017, 06:42 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
I have always been a pretty solid 7-8 hour/night sleeper. But, since getting to my late 40s, I find I struggle more with insomnia. I usually fall asleep ok and then wake up a few hours later in the middle of the night. Then I'm awake for a couple hours, finally falling back asleep in the early morning hours. I'm also sort of a light sleeper so I wake up really easily. It's very aggravating!
This is pretty much me. I'm also a light sleeper due to being the only adult in the home for so many years (always on alert). I can function really well though if I get 6 hours in. I am usually able to fall back to sleep fairly quickly though, thankfully, since I get up at 5 am to work.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:32 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
Me too. I've been this way forever and I feel like I'm never rested or have the energy throughout the day to do what I need to do. And I'm like a giant toddler when I don't get enough sleep...bumping into walls, cry-baby,etc. It sucks.
Old 08-19-2017, 12:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post

This is me too! I'm a light sleeper. I get too little sleep especially that my husband snores Then my daughter transfers to our bed in the middle of the night, wakes me up when the bed moves.
Old 08-20-2017, 01:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I need 8-9 hours sleep to function well but I'm a night owl and have some very bad tech in bed habits sooo I'm doing well to get 7 hours at the moment

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv