Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2010, 04:52 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default ughh this kinda stuff makes me so angry

My husband just got off the phone with his dad. Apparently there were police and animal control next door to his dads so his dad went out to talk to them. It seems his neighbors dogs got loose and went down the road to a dairy farm and the dogs attacked two cows and killed one of them. The other is most likely going to have to be put down. Both dogs get out all the time and went after my husband like two months ago. The owners of the farm killed one of the dogs while it was there at the farm and followed the other one home which is how they found out where it was from. I have contacted our county commissioners several times over this because animal control will do nothing unless you catch the stray dogs and tie them up to be picked up or if the dog attacks a person then they will attempt to find the dog. I got a response to one of my letters saying they were changing the laws but I have seen no changes to those laws because there are still so many dogs which are allowed to roam free and most of those dogs are pitt bulls, rottweilers and german shepherds which have been neglected and abused so they are vicious/aggressive animals. Just so wrong that stuff like this has to happen because someone cannot be responsible for their animals. It very easily could have been a child who was attacked and not a cow.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow
Old 01-28-2010, 09:46 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

That bugs me, too, when people don't take care of their pets and think they won't do anything wrong.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

the woman who owns the dog when she got home and found out about it was actually angry that the owner shot the dog when he found it attacking his cows. I kinda figured she would be like that. I think the other dog will be put down though. My son and daughter both told me the dogs get loose alot and are really aggressive and have bitten in hte past. IDK I just hate to see an animal hurt like that in both instances really because if the dogs were treated properly they most likely would not have attacked the cows.

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow