Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2012, 02:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Can I just say......

I love it when people play along in the Sweet Layout Lovin' thread, and actually leave comments on more than just the layout above them!

I know there's no hard and fast rule on how many comments you should leave, but I can't tell you how many times I play along, (commenting on a minimum of 8 layouts above me - more if I have time), only to have just one single comment left on my own layout. It really irks me when I've linked up say 2 or 3 of my layouts in the same post, but only one of them gets a comment from the person below me. I mean c'mon, would it really kill ya to comment on both? Sorry, it's a pet peeve of mine, and it happens all the time. I could say a whole lot more, but I'll stop here before I rub someone the wrong way. Suffice to say, IMO if you link up in the gallery lovin' thread, you obviously want comments, and so do the people above you. Think about it a little, k? If you don't have time to leave love, then wait till you DO have time, to post in the thread. It's only fair.

Anyways.......I just really wanted to say a great big thanks to everyone in the current layout lovin' thread who left such awesome comments on my layouts this week. You girls rock, and have left me feeling all warm and fuzzy I'm gonna go back and leave more love for the ones below me now, just 'cause I feel so happy.

Last edited by jacinda; 06-26-2012 at 02:14 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:44 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Thank you to all those that left comments in my gallery.. I appreciate the time you spent there.

Jacinda, do you think that we get so warm and fuzzy by comments, because it's an appreciation of the time and effort we all put into the books, knowing that they really won't be appreciated by the family until MANY MANY years after.

So it's always nice to get a pat on the back. I genuinely like looking at the layouts and it gives me a chance to pin so it's a two stones thing for me.

But I understand where your coming from.

It's nice to be in an environment where you can express yourself without judgement.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:21 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I love that thread and all the wonderful comments I get when I play so I always try to make sure I view and comment on all the layouts throughout the week. Not saying I get them all but I try because I know how much the comments mean to me and get the warm fuzzies thinking that I am making someone else feel the same. It is such a little thing but can have a huge impact so it is well worth my time. Plus I think it is a fantastic way to get to know the other members of the community. Thanks to everyone who plays for all the smiles you have given me.

Last edited by LJSDesigns; 06-26-2012 at 04:29 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Agreed, jacinda. But what irks me more are those who put a link in the thread and then don't leave ANY comments.
I try to leave for at least three above me but usually end up doing closer to 6.

I also really appreciate the awesome comments I get from the thread.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

I agree! I always try to go back and leave love for those that post after me too! I love the variety of pages we have here, so it's super easy to go leave more lovin'!!!!!

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 06-26-2012, 07:16 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I love posting my layouts in that thread, I just always think of it when I never have time to comment, so I end up not posting mine. Because I am totally with you - if I can't leave love for at least everyone on the same page that has posted layouts there, I won't even post mine (until I have time to leave love for everyone) because I want to love on everyone.
Phew, there was a lot of "love" in that last sentence!

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 06-26-2012, 07:18 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sometimes it's also fun to just go through the thread and leave some love even if you don't put a LO of your own in there. I enjoy leaving love.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have been trolling the galleries the past few days (when I should have been scrapping because I am way WAY behind) and leaving love - gosh, there is a lot of pretty in this gallery.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 06-26-2012, 07:20 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I will admit I've messed up in the layout lovin thread before!!! I usually try to comment on all of the pages linked up if it's not more than 10 (and, sometimes if someone posts 3-4 layouts I only comment on 2-3 of them so I can move up the list and comment on more people rather than multiples from one person... oops )... I've right clicked and opened up all of the pages in new tabs that were linked above my post. The way my browser stacks them in a row, I technically was commenting down the row from the post furthest from mine to the post above mine last. Kwim? And if it's during the day, with the kiddos and their shenanigans interrupting me, I've many times had to stop commenting and never returned to finish the job. So I know I've missed some before. And the person above me probably got skipped. It's never been purposeful or mean-spirited. I promise.

I'll try to be more careful to at least comment on the post above mine first and then get to commenting on more!

Old 06-26-2012, 07:38 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Nikki Epperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
It's never been purposeful or mean-spirited. I promise.
I don't think anyone would think that.

Happily Creating For:

Krystal Hartley ♥ Libby Pritchett ♥ Meghan Mullens ♥ Melissa Bennett

Old 06-26-2012, 07:46 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki Epperson View Post
I don't think anyone would think that.
Thanks, Nikki!!! Just feeling a little guilty over here. LOL!

Old 06-26-2012, 07:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfitinmn View Post
I have been trolling the galleries the past few days (when I should have been scrapping because I am way WAY behind) and leaving love - gosh, there is a lot of pretty in this gallery.
Where's the like button?
Old 06-26-2012, 08:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
I will admit I've messed up in the layout lovin thread before!!! I usually try to comment on all of the pages linked up if it's not more than 10 (and, sometimes if someone posts 3-4 layouts I only comment on 2-3 of them so I can move up the list and comment on more people rather than multiples from one person... oops ... I know I've missed some before. And the person above me probably got skipped. It's never been purposeful or mean-spirited. I promise.

I'll try to be more careful to at least comment on the post above mine first and then get to commenting on more!
This happens to me sometimes. I always try to comment on several and sometimes I lose my place. I should be more careful to comment on the last person posting before I move on to other layouts in the thread. I often do comment even when I don't have a layout of my own to post as I find the thread inspirational. I think I try to leave at least 5 comments for others if iI post a layout. But I know that I have missed leaving comments for the last person who posted. It's not intentional but scatter-brained.

Last edited by origami; 06-26-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by origami View Post
This happens to me sometimes. I always try to comment on several and sometimes I lose my place. I should be more careful to comment on the last person posting before I move on to other layouts in the thread. I often do comment even when I don't have a layout of my own to post as I find the thread inspirational. I think I try to leave at least 5 comments for others if iI post a layout. But I know that I have missed leaving comments for the last person who posted. It's not intentional but scatter-brained.
This is exactly why I work my way backwards. I start with the post above me and just keep going until I run out of time or am back to a layout I have already loved on. If I did it the other way, I know I would mess it up.

Brook, don't feel guilty. No one who knows you would ever think you were mean spirited and we all make mistakes. It's an awesome thread and I really wish more people would participate and spread the love.
Old 06-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You've reminded me how much I love looking at layouts and commenting. I really need to spend some time doing that because it makes me smile to see all of the gorgeous layouts in the gallery. I only played along in the thread once (I keep forgetting it is there) but I commented on all of the layouts that had been posted before mine plus the first few pages of the gallery at the time. I enjoy leaving a little layout love. I just don't always have the kind of time I want. I hate seeing layouts without any comments.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My favorite scrappers are usually on this thread, so even if I don't have anything new, I will check this thread throughout the week to see their latest work. Otherwise, I miss your latest and greatest with all of the posting that occurs in the gallery.
Old 06-26-2012, 08:01 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriebug66 View Post
This is exactly why I work my way backwards. I start with the post above me and just keep going until I run out of time or am back to a layout I have already loved on. If I did it the other way, I know I would mess it up.
this is me and if I can't get all the way up and run out of time, I ALWAYS go back and finish bacwards from where I left off and just FYI, if you leave more than 1 link in your thread, I will comment on them all
Old 06-26-2012, 10:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

If I don't have time to comment on other LO's then I don't post any LO's of mine. I would feel bad for people to give my LO's love and not being able to do the same.
Old 06-26-2012, 11:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So many of you are just awesome about leaving love, and I know it is so very much appreciated. And for those that leave love without even officially playing in the layout lovin' thread, well you're just angels in disguise, seriously.
Old 06-27-2012, 08:05 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I always keep going back to see who posted after me. But if you post upwards of 2-3 or more, I usually choose half to comment on. My favorites of your 4 etc.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:07 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I agree Jacinda. I'll post when I have the time to comment as well. I work backwards too commenting on the last five people. Sometime thats only five layouts and sometimes it can be closer to 10 or 12.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I think I've commented on this before, but it really does bother me when people post in the thread and don't leave any comments. The one and only rule is that you post a comment to the page directly above yours (I know mistakes happens, so I'm talking about repeat offenders). If you have time to post your page, you have time to leave a comment Occasionally, I will send out gentle reminders if I see someone that has forgotten to comment more than once. I usually leave at least 10 comments. If the person above me posts multiple pages, I will comment on all of them. If there are other posts in the thread with multiple pages, then I will usually only comment on one per post so I can spread the wealth. I personally only add one page per post because I don't want other people to feel obligated to post on multiple pages of mine at once.

I would say this community is really pretty great about leaving comments and feedback! Mistakes in leaving comments for others in the Sweet Lovin's threads are definitely the exception rather than the norm. I've always really appreciated the compliments and enthusiasm around gallery comments here at SSD!