Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm
Default Virgin Mobile?

So far, this looks like the least expensive smart phone plan we can get. Does anyone use them and what do they think of the service, etc.?
Old 06-21-2012, 10:21 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used them for a long time and loved it. I got a smartphone and payed $25 a month and had internet and what not. I do not make a lot of calls though, it was more just for emergencies. HTH
Old 06-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

DH has the prepaid plan $35/month for something like 250 minutes and some data. His smart phone is pretty cheap, and he would get one with more space (you can add a micro SD card, but many apps still need to take up the internal space). He has good service in town, but it can be pretty spotty in smaller towns or traveling. Word is that they will be making a Virgin Mobile iPhone.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I've used Virgin Mobile for years and been quite happy. Course I am on the prepaid plan because I use my phone rarely and I don't have a smart phone. I've heard that they use the Sprint network, so you can use that to help guide you as well.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We have been with Virgin Mobile for almost 2 years now. We have the $25 a month plan that consists of 300 talk minutes and unlimited text and data. They changed the pricing a while back and it is currently $35 a month but those with the plan already were grandfathered in.

Anyway, customer service has been great. We have very little in the way of outages or dropped calls. However, check their coverage map for your area. Our coverage here sucks. We are fin in town and we are fine traveling East but if we go another direction we tend to lose service entirely. It never used to bother me as we didn't go other directions often but now the kids are starting to have games in different towns around here and we need more reliable coverage. I'm thinking of picking up a cheap TracFone for that though. TracFone has a big coverage area and I really just need it for emergencies while we are away from our coverage area. Our phones work just fine once we go West a certain distance too but our local areas are the issue.

DH and I bought new phones on Black Friday and got smartphones. I have to say how awesome it is that I can do most of what my friends with iphones can do and I still only pay $25 a month. That part I LOVE!
Old 06-21-2012, 02:47 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Yeah - that price increase stinks LOL - but it's the $35/mo we're looking into for a smart phone that will replace our home phone, too.

Just be aware, Tracfone's minimum is $9.99/mo and minutes expire in 30 days (though you can get double/triple for life depending on which one phone you buy if you get it online). We want to get one for the house that works for the house phone since we rarely use the housephone at all (if we don't buy a new phone for me).

Did you buy your own phones and then just switch out the SIM card?