Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 05-08-2018, 01:41 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm
Default I am bummed!!

So, this past weekend we took my 14 yr old son to his first concert about 5 hours south of us. It was part of his birthday gfit. I knew going into this that it was a standing concert but figured it wouldn't be a big deal. Well, I was wrong. My anxiety kicked in once we got there and I saw the crowd and the small venue and then I have a knee injury, so to add insult to everything else, I was in pain standing so long. Someone was drunk near me and spilled her drink half on me. Anyways, my son had a wonderful time, so that's all that matters. But it did make me realize that I am getting old (lol) and that I much prefer a bigger concert venue where seating is a possibility.

So, I didn't realize when we booked our trip that it was iNDSD and so I missed all the fun! I am bummed about that! Love seeing all the new layouts though and what fun everyone else was having! :-)

Old 05-08-2018, 01:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Awwww I’m sorry! Miserable time at a concert and coming home to miss the fun sorrryyy! I’ve not been playing either, lol

Old 05-08-2018, 01:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

1. Getting older stinks and it's even a bigger slap in the face when we do things like that and realize that yes we are getting older I'm glad T had so much fun. You are right, that's all that matters. I'm sorry your knee is in pain (I had wondered about your knee since you hadn't been complaining about it recently). Sorry it's still giving you grief. I hope now that you are home, you can relax it and allow it to heal from standing so long. I've only been to two concerts, but I had no idea standing was something that normal! I can't imagine standing during a concert! Bless you for doing that. I probably would have sat down right away!

2. Sorry you missed iNSD (I did too with B's birthday party). There's always October (don't plan something then!). I think I saw there were still things available today? Maybe not. But the store sale is still on (hopefully it still is). Either way, I'm glad you guys got to get away for the weekend, even if meant missing iNSD because in the long run, family is more important. We only have a few more years at this before they are all grown up. Cherish them while you have them!
Old 05-08-2018, 07:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

at least the sale was extended until today!!
Old 05-08-2018, 09:25 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexy View Post
at least the sale was extended until today!!
I was going to say what Niki said
Old 05-08-2018, 11:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Getting old definitely stinks! But, I'm so glad your son had a great time at the concert. What a special treat for him.
I hope you are able to pick up a few goodies since the sale was extended
Old 05-09-2018, 08:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I live in Texas and bought tickets to a concert in Detroit, Michigan (even though they were coming to Texas) to get a seat!! This was for me and my son who is 14. So I totally understand where you are coming from... I figure part of getting older is also the advantage of being able to pay for things that make my life more comfortable, lol.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:12 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Girl, I so feel your pain! I took my daughter to a Harry Styles concert last year in Atlanta, and it was probably the most miserable concert experience of my life. Small venue, packed in like sardines, security/organization was a nightmare, a million degrees inside. I told my daughter she'd better be glad I love her because there's no way I'd put myself through that for anyone else! The things we do for our kids, amiright?
Old 05-09-2018, 09:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Ha! This is why I no longer go to concerts with my husband. He can't deal with the crowd, the standing, the lateness... and lets EVERYONE around us know it.

Now of course he still goes to concerts with his son every once in awhile. Somehow that's different than going with me.

Lawn tickets are just so much cheaper than tickets with seats that I still buy them, anyways, and suffer the consequences. I can't sit on my legs without them losing circulation so I just move around a lot and hope for the best.
Old 05-09-2018, 10:10 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Might I add that this was sort of an alternative band? They are good but not big name like going to a Pink or Madonna concert. 98% of the people in attendance were like half my age and very alternative, though let's not forget the girl with the super short skirt and halter top with the long pink cat tail and ears, lol. Or the young people groping and making out and dry humping. It was all too much for this mama in her baggy rolled up jeans, oversized sweatshirt and Converse sneakers. LOL LOL I felt very overdressed and old. LOL LOL

Several years ago I won tickets for my daughter to see Victoria Justice & Big Time Rush - we had seats but we also stood a lot and danced and stuff. That crowd was way more my speed than this one. LOL

But really, he had a great time. He got a signed vinyl and a lanyard. I discovered a beer I actually liked, though $7 for a disposable cup of beer...say what? LOL Am I showing my age again? LOL And one of the opening acts was really cool. So it's all good! :-)

Old 05-09-2018, 10:22 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

2 years ago, my son won tickets to see his favorite (indy) band - Edward Sharp & the Magnetic Zeros. The concert was in Berkley (No Cal), we lived in So Cal at the time. My husband volunteered to take him. It was a 7 hour drive. It was an open air amphitheater and the seats were concrete benches, but everyone stood the whole time. I'm glad it was hubby that went & not me
Another concert DH took our son to was a small indoor venue. My son still talks about how it was "hot boxed" and he left with a contact high.
Fun stuff
Old 05-09-2018, 11:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

At the last concert I took my girls to the mom next to me was wearing HUGE noise canceling headphones and was asleep in her seat. I totally wanted to be her. We've got Taylor Swift this Friday night....I'm still thinking about ordering noise canceling headphones from Amazon and bringing a pillow :P
Old 05-09-2018, 03:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjersti View Post
At the last concert I took my girls to the mom next to me was wearing HUGE noise canceling headphones and was asleep in her seat. I totally wanted to be her. We've got Taylor Swift this Friday night....I'm still thinking about ordering noise canceling headphones from Amazon and bringing a pillow :P
That's hilarious. The only concerts I've gone to with my kids are ones I actually wanted to be at!!
Old 05-09-2018, 03:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrijc View Post
That's hilarious. The only concerts I've gone to with my kids are ones I actually wanted to be at!!
I've made them go see bands from the 80's and 90's where they were the youngest people in the crowd. I deserve it!