Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-26-2013, 10:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to lorigaud
Default So about printing....

Yeah, I need to do that. I really want to print 12x12, but is that going to cost me a small fortune? I have barely printed ANY of my pages, and that just makes me sad. I want my kids and family to be able to look at them other than just on the computer.

Please share any ideas about how to print with good quality, but hopefully not costing an arm and a leg. Do most of you print 8x8 and use Persnickety or something similar??

Thanks for any and all suggestions!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:43 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

You know what? 10 x 10, or 8.5 x 8.5 are GREAT scrapbook sizes too. You don't have to resize anything either. I made the switch to 8.5 x 8.5 years ago and have never looked back. I print mine as photobooks - it's cheaper that way, and the bound book takes up a LOT less space than a slip-in album.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:31 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I usually print in small batches, so I print 12x12s at Persnickety. When they have a sale you can print 12x12s for about $1.50 each. They also sell print credits during many of their sales. (Print credits allow you to "lock in" the sale price for future print orders by prepaying. The one disadvantage is that you have to buy in multiples of 50, but you can redeem any amount at a time throughout the year.) If you're looking to print as inexpensively as possible, look into bound 8x8 photobooks at places like Shutterfly and sign up for their newsletter. Shutterfly frequently emails coupon codes, everything from 25% off to a free 20-page photobook. I just ordered my first 8x8 photobook thanks to one of those free book coupons. I'm curious to see how the 12x12's look printed at 8x8. Have fun printing!
Old 03-27-2013, 06:52 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I buy 12x12 print credits from Persnickety. I've printed some 8x8 and I just don't like the smaller size. I prefer the size they were created and intended to be viewed. So I bought 2 sets of 50-12x12 print credits. Every month at the end of the month, I print my pages. It helps that the only thing I'm creating right now is Project Life pages.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I print every month or two and it is definitely motivating to see your worked printed. I print in 12x12 usually from Scrapping Simply. It is expensive but I think worth it to print your pages!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Another Persnickety user here. I print the 12x12 single pages. They have a $5 flat shipping rate so I usually wait until I have a good amount to print. I like using the 3 ring binder albums because I can just slip the pages in chronologically. I don't scrap in chronological order but I like my albums to be in order. I bought some print credits the last time they were on sale. Their quality is great and their customer service is awesome.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I print 8x8 with Persnickety Prints as well. They'll probably do some kind of promotion for iNSD the first weekend in May, so I'd start uploading now but wait to print until then if I were you.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:53 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

I struggled with this for a long time. I have printed at Persnickety and agree that it's great, but for me just getting them printed, period, is half the battle, which is why I just pay $2.99/page and print at Costco. But I am open to buying credits at Persnickety if they are offered at a time that I can make a larger investment!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:29 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I print in 8x8 soft cover because, it's easier for me space wise. I get mine done when they have sales at Shutterfly. Here is an example of my printed book. I just make an album and upload during the year then print when they have a sale

Last edited by ~Cindy~; 03-27-2013 at 07:09 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
You know what? 10 x 10, or 8.5 x 8.5 are GREAT scrapbook sizes too. You don't have to resize anything either. I made the switch to 8.5 x 8.5 years ago and have never looked back. I print mine as photobooks - it's cheaper that way, and the bound book takes up a LOT less space than a slip-in album.
^^^ Exactly. To me 8.5 x 8.5 looks huge in digital for some reason and I don't miss my 12x12 pages at all!
Old 03-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have printed 8x8 books and like them, but I love printing individual 12x12 because most of my pages tend to be loaded with details and I feel like some of that is lost at 8x8. I have an American Crafts binder album and slip my pages in that. I arrange them by date and can organize them in albums for each person of the family, or my AAM album. I don't scrap chronologically, so I prefer to not print in bound books.

I have pages uploaded to Persnickety but have never felt like spending a chunk of cash when they have credits on sale. I usually print individual pages at Costco (theres one right down the street from me) every now and then when the spirit moves me.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txcorey View Post
Another Persnickety user here. I print the 12x12 single pages. They have a $5 flat shipping rate so I usually wait until I have a good amount to print. I like using the 3 ring binder albums because I can just slip the pages in chronologically. I don't scrap in chronological order but I like my albums to be in order. I bought some print credits the last time they were on sale. Their quality is great and their customer service is awesome.
Ditto to all of this, except I don't use 3ing binders.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:24 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I got my first 12x12 book printed and I love it! If you wait for right sale, you can find great deals. Shutterfly always sends coupons for free books(mostly for 8x8 books). I just ordered one yesterday. They have free book deal right now, which ends today. You might just want to create one and order to test it out. The coupon code is: MYBOOK. It's good for 20 pages 8x8 book. You'll just have to pay for shipping.

My 12/x12 book was 28 pages and it cost me about $35 (got free shipping). I felt that it was a great deal considering I don't need to buy binder and protector sheets. The only drawback is having to wait till you have enough pages to create a book and the thing about keeping it chronological. But for PL stuff, it works out great!
Old 03-28-2013, 12:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

My first book was 8x8 and the pages were so small that I could not see all the details and text. The first time I printed a 12 x 12 for my 2011 album, I was sold. It just looked so much better and I could see everything. A font size of 10 was easily legible (I am bliinddd!) so from that point forward I started 12 x 12. I order from Persnickety when they have sale. Lately I have been putting money to the side and buying print credits because it's quick and I can print whenever I am ready.

And I wanted to add, that yes, the cost will add up no matter where or how you print, but seeing the prints (or book) in your hands will be worth it. When my daughter was 3 years old and reallly started looking through her baby album, she asked me to read all of it to her. Then she asked me if it was her library. Sooo I knew then, I had to do it.

Last edited by Tronesia; 03-28-2013 at 12:53 AM.