Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 09-03-2018, 04:35 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Who has good news?

There are so many sad/depressing news stories these days - the media is full of them. I'd love for a change to read some happy, positive things. What good things are going on in your life? What's making you happy? Do you have any accomplishments to shout about, or good news to share? Big or small, I'd love to hear.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:54 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I had an amazing weekend. I wasn't at home, I didn't do a lot of great/big things... but I enjoyed it so much. It filled my heart with joy and love.

Old 09-03-2018, 10:42 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My son got a kitten last week.its staying with me for know.she is such a sweet little thing.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:31 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Teddy is finally talking A LOT and it's my favorite thing ever. He has the sweetest little voice and says some hilarious things.
Old 09-03-2018, 12:26 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

After a long weekend of work, my girls made sure I got at the crack of dawn (well before) and we were able to see the Labor Day Lift Off, which will probably be the last one we see as my husband will probably come down on orders before next Labor Day! I'm so thankful we got up and experienced this one last time. It never gets old!!

Old 09-03-2018, 01:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My happy news is that my mom was paired with a Hearing Assistant Dog from Canine Companions for Independence!! I'm so excited for her - and for me who has a dog to spoil again!!! His name is Dalton III and he is a two year old Golden Lab.

Old 09-03-2018, 04:07 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My good news of the last week was finding someone to pick up & watch my daughter after school. School started 3 weeks ago, and I've spent the entire time (and before) looking for after-care for her. My parents were helping but they are not able to for the next month so I was really in a bind & so stressed out. After having to give up my lunch hour to go pick her up & bring her back to work with me, I posted one last plea for help on FB which an old high school friend saw.

I was a little concerned that my daughter might get bored/frustrated at having three little kids her brother's age and younger (because her brother is so annoying to her ) to deal with but she has really loved having little girls to play with for an hour or so until I can come get her after work. As of right now, it's a temporary arrangement until my parents are able to help again and/or her school's after-care opens up but it could be permanent if we needed it to be.
Old 09-03-2018, 04:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Aw, you guys, I love reading your good news. Yay LeeAndra for finding someone to watch your girl! I know you've been worried about that.

Jennifer, what's your role at fubo.tv?

Sarah, lazy weekends are the best. I try not to schedule anything in the weekends too.

Renatasluis, my girls would love to have a kitten in the house. Me....not so much I bet it's super cute though.

I love the hot air balloons Wendy. Are your husbands next orders expected to deploy him, or move the whole family to a new location?

Reba, that is SO cool for your Mom! I've not heard of a hearing assisted dog before, but our neighbours train guide dogs for the blind and it's been fascinating learning about the process.

Marla, I hope you're keeping a notebook of his little sayings. That was the best thing I ever did when my kids were going through the same stage. You think you'll always remember the funny things they say, but age creeps up on you, and it's amazing what you forget.
Old 09-03-2018, 05:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post

I love the hot air balloons Wendy. Are your husbands next orders expected to deploy him, or move the whole family to a new location?
He has stabilization until my daughter graduates in May. If he gets promoted after December, it will be a new duty station (talks about South Carolina). There is always a possibility of deployment, but they are trying to get him at the School House which is good for his career. If he doesn't get promoted, it's more than likely out of the Army and moving to be closer to family.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:10 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

My good news is too early to tell!! haha

… but since I don't know anyone in real life here

I mean too early to announce officially.

Last edited by Leablahblah; 09-04-2018 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:43 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan37 View Post

Old 09-05-2018, 06:25 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a job interview/assessment centre on Friday.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 09-05-2018, 06:33 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Jacinda - there are all types of assistance dogs here in NZ - Guide Dogs obviously but also Hearing Dogs for Deaf People, Assistance Dogs, Mobility Assistance Dogs just to name a few.Some of the animals for other assistance dogs come from guide dog puppies that don’t quite work for what ever reason - skills, temperament etc but I do know that there is a huge waiting list and they cost a fair bit of $$.

Scrappy Instagram

Old 09-05-2018, 10:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My son is safely back up at college and is thrilled with his new purchase of a MacBook (his windows laptop died the day before classes started) which he got on sale.

I am back at my full time job as a Youth Worker now school is back in session. Missing my early mornings on the island but happy to see all my students.
Old 09-05-2018, 09:54 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

We are re-booking our trip (the one that we didn't get to go in summer) to Xi'An for mid-Autumn break! Wahoo!!!
Old 09-06-2018, 12:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
We are re-booking our trip (the one that we didn't get to go in summer) to Xi'An for mid-Autumn break! Wahoo!!!
Yay Sherly!! I will keep my fingers crossed that you actually get there this time
Old 09-06-2018, 12:22 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I've lost 20 pounds in the last couple months and am on track to be at my goal by our wedding in March.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I've lost 20 pounds in the last couple months and am on track to be at my goal by our wedding in March.
Woohoo! Go Mari!! That's awesome.
Old 09-09-2018, 05:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't watch the news since I don't have "real" TV and only a Roku with Netflix and Hulu. I read the paper when I feel out of touch and I listen to the radio all the time, so I keep moderately informed that way.

So good news.... I started a brand new job as a the HR manager of a large retail store in my city almost 2 months ago and I absolutely LOVE it! It is way outside my wheelhouse and I'm surprised how much I love it and how good I am at it

I also just sent my youngest (Cheyanne) off to her first year of college 2.5 hours away from home, which probably doesn't seem like good news, but it really is. She loves it there and it's good for us to be living our own lives after it being just the 2 of us since she was 2 years old. I've also been involved with a wonderful man for the past year, and I never expected that again in my life (those here who have known me a while know what I've been through).. so all in all things are GOOD!
Old 09-09-2018, 05:20 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Good news is that I have a vacation coming up in 5 days. I really need this vacation since we have been short 2 team member and I have been basically doing the job of 2 people.

We had a shooting in my town (where I work) that was 4 blocks from me so honestly I feel glad that I was not in that area but also feel really sad for the victims. It is hard to be glad for yourself and sad for others.
Old 09-14-2018, 03:25 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

My youngest son (9 years old) has Asperger's syndrome, so he's an autist. We know lots and lots of parents with autistic children, and there are all kinds of problems, especially with schools and education.
But we've had nothing but luck: my son has a wonderful elementary school with great, experienced and loving teachers, he loves school and has never had a day feeling unwanted or misunderstood there, and the equally wonderful high school his brother and sisters are visiting already agreed to accept him next year .
We are extremely grateful for that.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:08 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
I don't watch the news since I don't have "real" TV and only a Roku with Netflix and Hulu. I read the paper when I feel out of touch and I listen to the radio all the time, so I keep moderately informed that way.

So good news.... I started a brand new job as a the HR manager of a large retail store in my city almost 2 months ago and I absolutely LOVE it! It is way outside my wheelhouse and I'm surprised how much I love it and how good I am at it

I also just sent my youngest (Cheyanne) off to her first year of college 2.5 hours away from home, which probably doesn't seem like good news, but it really is. She loves it there and it's good for us to be living our own lives after it being just the 2 of us since she was 2 years old. I've also been involved with a wonderful man for the past year, and I never expected that again in my life (those here who have known me a while know what I've been through).. so all in all things are GOOD!
Oh Marie, you have so much good news! I can't believe Cheyanne is at college now! I do remember her much younger in your scrapbook pages. How wonderful that you've found a job you really love, and a man who makes you happy. That's awesome.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:09 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjr@fuse.net View Post
Good news is that I have a vacation coming up in 5 days. I really need this vacation since we have been short 2 team member and I have been basically doing the job of 2 people.

We had a shooting in my town (where I work) that was 4 blocks from me so honestly I feel glad that I was not in that area but also feel really sad for the victims. It is hard to be glad for yourself and sad for others.
I totally get that. Fingers crossed your vacation is a happy one, and that you come back all rejuvenated.
Old 09-14-2018, 04:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan37 View Post

I mean too early to announce officially.
Are we talking about the pitter patter of tiny feet Lea??
Old 09-14-2018, 04:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixenkind View Post
My youngest son (9 years old) has Asperger's syndrome, so he's an autist. We know lots and lots of parents with autistic children, and there are all kinds of problems, especially with schools and education.
But we've had nothing but luck: my son has a wonderful elementary school with great, experienced and loving teachers, he loves school and has never had a day feeling unwanted or misunderstood there, and the equally wonderful high school his brother and sisters are visiting already agreed to accept him next year .
We are extremely grateful for that.
This really makes my heart happy. How fantastic for you and your son to have such amazing educational support.
Old 09-14-2018, 07:58 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Love reading all those good news! it makes my heart happy!!

In April i started a low carb diet. because with my length i was way way to have. Now this morning when i was weighing myself again i reached for myself a important level. I lost 44 pounds.
Now i only need 24 pounds more before my limit is reached
Old 09-14-2018, 08:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Oh Marie, you have so much good news! I can't believe Cheyanne is at college now! I do remember her much younger in your scrapbook pages. How wonderful that you've found a job you really love, and a man who makes you happy. That's awesome.
Thank you! It feels good to feel such happiness after so much heartache over the years

Last edited by mariewilcox; 09-19-2018 at 05:52 AM.
Old 09-15-2018, 03:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

more good news to share - my mum doesn't need to have heart surgery after a few tests and has been discharged back to her normal dr. Up until now we had been told it would definitely be surgery so while she's not still not well, its a relief that there is no surgery.

Scrappy Instagram

Old 09-17-2018, 05:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
LOL yes! I thought I was being obvious but I guess not quite. haha
Old 09-17-2018, 07:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

yay! Congrats Lea!!
Old 09-17-2018, 10:20 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

1. Bought a new computer on Saturday But still crying over the loss of my previous one.
  2. Got promoted to be a full time teacher at the elementary school
  3. Finished the first month of the master I'm taking.
  4. Started doing journaling painting again after some years.
  5. Went to the therapist for the first time in 4 years. I had to say farewell to a friend from my childhood in such sad news. The good thing is that it helped me cope with such hardships I've been dealing with and been feeling more relieved and calm with myself.
  6. Today I was able to open up Photoshop again after two months. I need to get back onto my scrap precious therapy moment again!
Old 09-28-2018, 05:13 PM
Sweetness

profile gallery send pm

My oldest just started college and seems to thrive. She hasn't wanted to come home at all - not even Labor Day weekend. So, she seems to be adjusting well . . .

And she has a week break in a couple of weeks, so I'll have her home again soon
Old 09-28-2018, 07:23 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
That's what I was thinking too!!!!

Old 09-28-2018, 07:24 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by imperio View Post
  1. Bought a new computer on Saturday But still crying over the loss of my previous one.
  2. Got promoted to be a full time teacher at the elementary school
  3. Finished the first month of the master I'm taking.
  4. Started doing journaling painting again after some years.
  5. Went to the therapist for the first time in 4 years. I had to say farewell to a friend from my childhood in such sad news. The good thing is that it helped me cope with such hardships I've been dealing with and been feeling more relieved and calm with myself.
  6. Today I was able to open up Photoshop again after two months. I need to get back onto my scrap precious therapy moment again!

That's wonderful!!!!