Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2008, 04:38 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm
Default Tell me about your graphics tablet!

I think I want one for Christmas, so I'm researching now...'cause when I find a great sale, I don't want to miss it, lol!

ETA: Which tablet do you have?

What do you LOVE about it?

What do you HATE about it?

Why did you pick the graphics tablet you currently have?

If you could, would you get something different, and why?

Anything else I should know?

TIA!!!

Last edited by suzyqscraps; 09-06-2008 at 12:03 AM.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What do you LOVE about it? The mouse, lol.

What do you HATE about it? The pen, more lol.

Why did you pick the graphics tablet you currently have? I was having problems with my wrist, but unfortunately, I selected one with too small of an area, so it's not easy for me to use and consequently collects dust.

If you could, would you get something different, and why? Yes, I'd get a bigger one!
Old 09-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have a 4x6 Wacom Graphire4, and have had it for nearly 3 years.

What do you LOVE about it? Everything, except the mouse...I just love how fluidly it works and that I don't have to drag the mouse around to get the cursor from one point to another on my screen

What do you HATE about it? I hate how the mouse works on it, BUT it doesn't matter because I hate using mice in the first place (I use the pen 100% of the time)

Why did you pick the graphics tablet you currently have? It was what I could afford - the smallest Wacom you could find. But, I love it - it's the perfect size for me and my desk.

If you could, would you get something different, and why? I wouldn't get a bigger one (like I said, this one is the perfect size for me) and I figure that for what we do with them, I wouldn't go to the next step up (the Intuous) because the Graphire/Bamboo do have a lot of control that a mouse just doesn't have in the first place. I would like to get a Bamboo, though, to give it a try and also because mine is looking pretty grungy after 3 years, lol. But like I said, I use this 100% of the time, so it's bound to look that way eventually, lol!

Anything else I should know? It will take some getting used to - the pen does NOT work the same way as a regular mouse (and the mouse on the Wacom does not work the same way as the pen, lol). So be prepared for a few frustrating days while you get the hang of it - it IS worth it though when you do finally "get" it. Tablets are always touted in the digi community as being good for doodling and handwriting...but they are SO much more than that. I use mine as a replacement to my mouse and I just find I have SO much more control over what I do.

Last edited by ditzyscrap; 09-05-2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hubby bought me one for my b-day, and I've never used it! I'm so bad... I really should hook it up and try it out.

Old 09-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What do you LOVE about it? The pen! Yes, I suffered an injury due to it (deQuervain's tenosynovitis), but after treatment and extra precautions...I can't do without the pen, lol!

What do you HATE about it? The mouse. I hate that thing!! If I need to use a mouse (some games don't allow pen use), I use my old logitech mouse.

Why did you pick the graphics tablet you currently have? Well, I have the Bamboo Fun...I picked it based on price, reviews, and lots of research. It honestly seemed like the best option for me at the time, and was!

If you could, would you get something different, and why? I'd have pushed for the medium over the small. My doctor is pretty convinced that I wouldn't have developed dQt if I'd had a larger workspace. I'm not so sure about that , but I do know that I get frustrated with the smaller space of the small Bamboo tablet. Oh, and if you really want to master the pen...HIDE the mice.

Anything else I should know? Nothing I can think of right now.
Old 09-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leila View Post
Oh, and if you really want to master the pen...HIDE the mice.
I second that one!
Old 09-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have the Bamboo Fun... just the small one. It is the perfect size. I LOVE the pen and I got it to get rid of my mouse so I haven't even tried the mouse that came with it and never will. I have a cyst on my right wrist and the pen puts far less strain on my wrist than my mouse did.

I love how I have a lot more control. I love that you don't have to drag the cursor across the screen. Your tablet surface corresponds to your screen, so to get to the other side of the screen you just put your pen there rather than dragging the cursor over.

There's nothing I hate about it! It rocks!

I didn't find it frustrating at all. It only took me a day to get used to.

-It's pronounced Meeeegan... get it RIGHT!
Old 09-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to scrappinsweetie

i have the 6x9 (i think it ins't the small one i know) intuos 3 and i LOVE this. i love the xtra control over the bamboo fun i have. i love the size and how easy it is to work with.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a Wacom Intuis3 6x8 Tablet. I have had it for about 2 1/2 years now. I don't use it on a regular basis like a lot of people do. I use it mainly for drawing in Illustrator (and I only use the pen... not the mouse). Mine is only used for designing.

I was thinking of getting a Wacom Bamboo Fun to use with my laptop. I think it might be easier than my cordless mouse.

Even though I don't use it a lot, I am glad that I purchased it. I would definitely purchase another one if/when mine gives out. But so far I have had absolutely no problems with it.

Eva

Eva Kipler
BLOGSWEET SHOPPE STORE TWITTER FACEBOOK FAN PAGE NEWSLETTER SIGNUP

♥ SNAG IF YOU ARE A FAN! ♥ ------------->