Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-09-2018, 08:21 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default Lasik

I am scheduled for it on 2/1, but my doctor says he can not guarantee 20/20 in my one eye, but that I should have 20/20 overall or close to it. I will still need reading glasses because I am older now, but distance and computer work should be good. Not able to have 20/20 is throwing me a bit, so I thought I would ask anyone who has had it, was it worth it? Did you get the monovision surgery or not? Are you happy with the results? Finally were you able to get 20/20 vision?
Old 01-09-2018, 08:37 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Oh I am intrigued about Lasik too. I will be watching this thread!
Old 01-09-2018, 10:17 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I had it done about 15 years ago.... easily one of the best things I've ever spent money on!! I could see 20/15 by that evening in both eyes. I haven't been to the eye doctor since. My mom had it done around the same time but only corrected one eye all the way. She still felt it was totally worth it.
Old 01-09-2018, 10:56 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I had it about 10 years ago and love it! I would do it over and over again if I had to.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:19 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I had it done almost 5 years ago and it was worth every penny! I had perfect vision in both eyes afterwards but in the past 2 years my eyes have been slowly getting worse again. I think it's because I spend so much time in front of the computer screen!? I'm legally able to drive w/o glasses and only wear them for nighttime glares, because I feel more comfortable, not because I have to. Even though my vision is not perfect anymore I would still do it all over again because I can actually see when I open my eyes in the middle of the night, or the pool, etc.
Old 01-09-2018, 11:22 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have not had it yet but have talked to multiple doctors about it. Last time I checked, technology still wouldn't allow them to correct my bad eye to 20/20 and so I would still need every day glasses- and I seriously considered it. It's still on my list for down the road, I just need to find a new doctor to consult with now that we have moved and decide if technology has reached a stage I'm comfortable with.

My mom had hers done about 12 years ago, and she does not regret it at all, even if now her vision has changed and she's back to wearing glasses pretty much full time- it's a much milder prescription and her vision is a million times better. She mostly only needs the glasses for driving and computer work, but running, swimming, normal life etc she can be without them.
Old 01-09-2018, 12:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My husband had PRK done and it was life changing! The recovery was different for PRK than lasik, and it was rough on him, but totally worth it!

Old 01-09-2018, 05:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My hubby had it done some 20 yrs ago... now he has to wear glasses because of getting old and just hates it. His eyes are rapidly getting worse in just two years.

I had eye surgeries as a child... I flat out refuse to have anyone touch my eyes. I’m odd in that I like wearing glasses, they don’t bother me.
Old 01-09-2018, 07:18 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
My husband had PRK done and it was life changing! The recovery was different for PRK than lasik, and it was rough on him, but totally worth it!

Just curious how these 2 procedures are different?
Old 01-09-2018, 07:40 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Last appointment I was told I was not a candidate to get it. I've been asking for years. One of these years, hopefully technology will have changed so that I can get it done. For now, I struggle in the night to get my glasses on if one of the kids needs me and tell myself "some day I won't have to do this"

My husband also inquired and he can't get it done either due to an injury he had to his eye when he was little.

But I'll live through each of you who had it done! <3

Good luck on your procedure. I hope it does everything that promised and that your healing process is quick!
Old 01-09-2018, 07:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My DH wasn't a candidate for a long time but then had a procedure about 12 years ago. It was life changing for him. He really, really terrible vision though. He still has good vision; it's really one of the best things he ever did.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:56 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Thanks for the input ladies. Now I am actually a bit excited to get it done. To be able to see a tv or read a sign without my glasses would be wonderful. Even if they can't get the one eye 20/20, he said it will be close and better than what I have now. Glasses didn't bother me until I started needing tri-focals. I can not stand them. Nothing is clear at all and I am always moving my head to try to get the right view to actually see. It is so ridiculous that most of the time I don't even wear them.
Old 01-11-2018, 02:55 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I didn't think it was worth the cost compared to what my contacts cost me, but two years ago I got an eye infection and couldn't wear my contacts for a couple weeks. I absolutely hate my glasses. I need to look into it again, but I have very straight forward nearsighted vision. My mom had all sorts of issues, but got lasik about 10 years ago. She loved it. I got to watch the whole procedure, the doctor even brought me right next to him and explained it all to me. It was really cool.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovely1m View Post
I didn't think it was worth the cost compared to what my contacts cost me, but two years ago I got an eye infection and couldn't wear my contacts for a couple weeks. I absolutely hate my glasses. I need to look into it again, but I have very straight forward nearsighted vision. My mom had all sorts of issues, but got lasik about 10 years ago. She loved it. I got to watch the whole procedure, the doctor even brought me right next to him and explained it all to me. It was really cool.
I got an eye infection years ago and could only wear the daily throw away kind after that... and for 2-3 hours max so pretty much only for military balls, swimming, etc. It was expensive and I, too, dislike wearing my glasses. I got a Groupon for my surgery (and I researched the heck out of the eye doctors office first) and I calculated that it would take about 4 years for it to "pay for itself".