Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-21-2018, 12:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Well that was fun...

We had a CRAZY move! Sabe and I have been married for coming up on 12 years, we have moved 8 times in those 12 years and this move was the most stressful and crazy one we've been through!

Everything kept falling apart! I hate to keep repeating myself but, IT WAS CRAZY! I had to rehome one of my pets because the housing here on post only allows 2, and we had 3, we had to find an alternative to getting our stuff moved because the transportation (the people who come pack up your house and ship it when you're in the military) totally dropped the ball on us, the trailer we got from a pod company was delayed dropping off and picking up both times, and the drive was CRAZY!

I'm actually super heart broken about my dog. My parents took him, so it's not like we aren't going to see him again, but i'm still super sad. It's been good for him though. The dog we got for Jamesen to help with his anxiety is super crazy herself (but she helps jamesen so much!) and picked fights with Titan all the time, plus he just doesn't like kids and growled at the kids any time they went near him. At my parent's, he doesn't have a dog fighting with him, and there aren't any kids, so he's happy there. It's good for him, but heart breaking for me. I"m going to be doing a scrap therapy page about it, because I still cry over it

ANYWAY!

we are all moved in, stuff is mostly unpacked, finally have internet, my rock wall is up again, and life is getting back to normal! So hopefully I will be scrapping more

Old 07-21-2018, 12:27 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Awe Adi! BIG HUGS! It makes me SO mad when different bases have different rules. It should be consistent no matter where you're stationed so stuff like this doesn't happen! We were allowed 3 cats (or dogs) at Ft. Riley but Ft. Carson told us only 2. I smuggled in my 3rd anyways b/c she would always hide whenever anyone would come over anyways. It's not always that easy though!

I hope that the rest of your move/unpacking goes so much smoother than it already has and you can start settling in physically and mentally soon! <3
Old 07-21-2018, 08:09 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sounds crazy!! I hope things settle down for you soon!!
Old 07-21-2018, 08:44 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So sorry to read you had to go through all of this Adi. But I'm happy to hear from you.
I hope you are settled in soon.

Old 07-21-2018, 09:05 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

So sorry that it was a rough move, Adi. HUGS!
Old 07-21-2018, 10:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

LOL Cassie....cats are definitely much easier to hide. My cat does the same thing. She wouldn't allow visitors if she made the rules. haha!

Sorry things were so stressful, Adi. Glad to hear that your parents homed your puppy. It would have been worse to send him with people you don't know.

Old 07-21-2018, 01:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

oh man! Moving is so stressful! I'm so sorry you had to go through this and rehome your 3rd dog. I hope it all goes smoothly from here on out.
Old 07-21-2018, 02:14 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I am so sorry about your dog -- that would break my heart too. Glad all the craziness is behind you and you finish up the little things without any problems or drama.
Old 07-21-2018, 03:09 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Big hugs, girl! We've moved a lot, too, so from one sojourner to another, I hope you feel settled soon! And I'm sorry about your dog. : ( Joel and I are locked in an epic battle about whether our two cats would make the move across the ocean with us if we ever left the Philippines (clearly, the answer is yes), and I can't imagine leaving one of them behind, even if I did have visitation rights.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:52 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Moves are so stressful, but that sounds really stressful. So glad the move is done and so sorry you had to rehome your pup to your parents.
Old 07-22-2018, 12:18 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh Adi! I'm so glad you are moved in and settled. It sounds like this was a really stressful move. I hope that you will enjoy your new house and will get to visit your dog!
Give yourself a little time and then do a scraptherapy page. I'm sure it will be a big help!
Old 07-22-2018, 02:05 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Reading about your pup made me cry. It's hard leaving your pup behind, but I'm so happy to hear your parents are keeping him and he's doing so well!! It looks like you all are adjusting well to your new home.

I'm so glad you are back, your rockwall is up and already filled and you all are connected to the internet again!!

Welcome back and welcome home!!
Old 07-22-2018, 02:07 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsQueen82 View Post
Awe Adi! BIG HUGS! It makes me SO mad when different bases have different rules. It should be consistent no matter where you're stationed so stuff like this doesn't happen! We were allowed 3 cats (or dogs) at Ft. Riley but Ft. Carson told us only 2. I smuggled in my 3rd anyways b/c she would always hide whenever anyone would come over anyways. It's not always that easy though!

I hope that the rest of your move/unpacking goes so much smoother than it already has and you can start settling in physically and mentally soon! <3
I think people have gotten more petty since you left. There's a LOT of tattle-tailing on post. It's awful. I'm on the stance of "mind your own business", but apparently the wives don't follow that rule. If they can't have their third pet, no one can and they'll make your life miserable
Old 07-22-2018, 11:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I think people have gotten more petty since you left. There's a LOT of tattle-tailing on post. It's awful. I'm on the stance of "mind your own business", but apparently the wives don't follow that rule. If they can't have their third pet, no one can and they'll make your life miserable
This is exactly why we didn’t just try to smuggle our cat in. She loves to sit in windows, and there’s no way to hide a dog who goes on walks and has to go outside. So we have one dog and one cat, and our other dog at my parent’s house. He’s doing so well over there, and helping my parent’s elderly dog not be so anxiety ridden too, so I think it really was for the best. I miss him, but it’s hard to be sad when he’s happy where he is!

Thanks for the support ladies

Old 07-23-2018, 04:08 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Hopefully your parents are tech savvy and can facetime you with the dog. And they seem fairly close that you could always make trips to see him/them as well. You did what was best and it sounds like, even though you all miss each other, it might have actually been for the best!
Old 07-23-2018, 04:33 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
Hopefully your parents are tech savvy and can facetime you with the dog. And they seem fairly close that you could always make trips to see him/them as well. You did what was best and it sounds like, even though you all miss each other, it might have actually been for the best!
That's a great idea, Wendy!!

Adi, what kind of dog did you get to help your son's anxiety? We're thinking of getting a dog to help my son with his depression/anxiety, but haven't decided on a breed yet.
Old 07-23-2018, 04:48 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post
That's a great idea, Wendy!!

Adi, what kind of dog did you get to help your son's anxiety? We're thinking of getting a dog to help my son with his depression/anxiety, but haven't decided on a breed yet.
Here's a couple of articles:
https://www.bustle.com/articles/1752...ing-depression

https://www.k9ofmine.com/best-dogs-for-depression/

Your therapist might have a list that they recommend as well, or a company that you can go through to have your dog trained, once you decide on a dog. There are a lot of places that train the dogs, for ESA's--you know like obedience school, etc. And there are also places that you can get a dog trained as a service dog. But your therapist would have more information as to what's available in your area.

When we were going to get an SD for Madalyn, we were looking at a small dog that didn't shed, because big dogs scare her and she has allergies to shedding dogs/cats. We were looking at poodles, yorkie, CKC spaniel---see, we were sticking to the smaller, less shedding dogs. But she decided against getting a SD because she doesn't want it to define who she is. I did tell her when she's ready to move out, I will get her a dog to turn in to an ESA for her so she has someone for her when she comes home.
Old 07-23-2018, 07:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks, Wendy!
Old 07-24-2018, 12:14 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Ugh that sounds awful and stressful, I'm so glad your parents kept the other pup, I swear dogs become your family and I cannot even imagine giving one of my dogs away ( well sometimes I can) : | I cant wait to see your scrap therapy pages in the gallery. I'm glad you are all settled in and hope the next few weeks of settling in are smooth and relaxing. Good luck and sending positive energy.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:35 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

So glad things are better now and thankfully your pet is at a safe place Stay strong
Old 07-24-2018, 03:52 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Sorry, it's a little not so little note. 😬

Quote:
I hope things get better with your son. I pray that his depression won't last for too long and that he finds himself comfortable again. Sometimes it's just a cycle or a phase in life that makes us feel depressed, sad and lonely, some other times is much more than that but people seem to forget that no everyone is born knowing how to stay and be happy 24/7. Happiness is something that not all of us know how to approach and achieve.

Be patient, give him lots of love but if he asks for space give it to him*, but always keep an eye on him. Remind him with loving and caring acts that you love him so much. Sometimes a hug without words it's a really magical yet healing act and can do wonders to our souls. Let him cry if he wants to cry, let him scream if he wants to scream. Tell him he has done an amazing effort, that he's worth, that he's irreplaceable, that he is unique and that he's one of the few reasons you exist.

* But as an adult I say, ALWAYS stay alert. There could be people surrounding him taking advantage of his state of mind. Also do not accept everything he wants to do, because he could regret it later on. Be wise. Use words as "I will consider that" instead of a big "no". A "no" right away can put so much distance between you two. Have faith. God will never ever let you down.☝️

Depression without the proper treatment can destroy. I don't mean that you take him to the doctor right away, I mean all of you need to stay there for him.

Depression can make us lonely. We can be surrounded by a huge crowd of people and still feel alone and unworthy.

Depression is not for always and forever. It takes courage and effort and so much patience and of course, love and support.

From your photos I see he is so young 😥 and I wish with all my heart that things get better. 💖 May his days get brighter and calm.

HE IS SO VALUABLE, HE CAN OVERCOME THIS HARD PHASE. ⭐️💝

I tell you all of this as I am someone who has dealt with a monstrous depression as a consequence of being a victim of domestic violence for 16 years being hit by my dad.

When I was in junior high, 14 years ago, depression worsened, my thoughts were killing me so I personally seeked for help at school. I considered suicide as an easy way out. Life was so miserable. The therapist at school recommended my parents get me a pet. So weird, here in Mexico mental health doesn't have any value at all.😞 "Kids are lying", "she wants attention" that's what they usually say 😠. Anyways, my mom got me a very loyal Labrador Retriever 😍💖She's so lovable from day one till forever. My mom says my pet knows she came to this world to help me 'cause the three times I was at the hospital for more than a week, her behavior changed, she got anxious and frustrated and even cried her heart out for me 😅.

It is one of the breeds that is considered best companion for depressed people. 😍 She really has helped me cope with those hard moments in life. Sometimes I find it too hard to talk to someone about how I really feel, you know, we, depressed people are very conscious of ourselves and afraid of someone judging us for not taking our words as truth, for looking down on our feelings.

It takes time. When I was in high school did horrible things to my body to stop that feeling. Let's just say that God gave a second chance. 🙌 After 10 years from that dark episode in life, I can say depression will never ever win over me. 💪 Depressed days might come and go, but it's just temporary now and I've learned that it is okay to feel down, I've found crying is a therapy itself 🤷*♀️ but there's this greater feeling when you stand up for your own self. 👆 God has granted me forgiveness as well has let me forgive my dad and it feels amazing being free.🕊 🤩
Old 07-24-2018, 06:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

We got a great pyranees, but I"m not sure I"d recommend that breed. We didn't have a breed in mind, we were looking for temperament.

Spice is perfect for the task because she was severely neglected and adores attention. However, she is still a great pyranees and they don't normally follow commands. She is pretty forceful with her love, so it's good for jamesen. He needs that when he's in a meltdown, and she sleeps in his room at night. But basically anything else, and she doesn't do it well, lolol

Look for a lab or a labradoodle. THose are generally good breeds for support animals

Old 07-25-2018, 12:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We have just moved too, at the beginning of this month. I don't have a dog (yet). I hope you're son gets better soon.
Old 07-25-2018, 11:04 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi&co. View Post
We got a great pyranees, but I"m not sure I"d recommend that breed. We didn't have a breed in mind, we were looking for temperament.

Spice is perfect for the task because she was severely neglected and adores attention. However, she is still a great pyranees and they don't normally follow commands. She is pretty forceful with her love, so it's good for jamesen. He needs that when he's in a meltdown, and she sleeps in his room at night. But basically anything else, and she doesn't do it well, lolol

Look for a lab or a labradoodle. THose are generally good breeds for support animals
We've always had cats because I appreciate that they don't need all the extra care & attention that dogs need. My boys have always wanted a dog, but there was no way I could take care of another body! Now that the boys are older, I've considered it, and Josh was seeing a therapist who had a dog. He loved having this dog to cuddle while he talked to the therapist. When we moved him to a different counselor (that one was nuts! LOL), I told him we would look into it.

I'm thinking a lab sounds like a good choice. My niece works with rescue animals in CA. We're going to talk to her when we're there in a couple of weeks.