Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-24-2016, 12:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Starting PL ovet

I'm moving into a new chapter of my life tomorrow so want to document it PL style. How would you approach it as I've been too busy to take photos over the last month since I intially found the flat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 06-24-2016, 12:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Perhaps some before and after you move in pictures? A picture/screenshot of the listing?
Old 06-24-2016, 02:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'd do a page or two with lots of journalling cards about how it all began, and the reason behind your decision to move. Then start taking photos tomorrow and go from there. The book starts whenever you decide it starts - doesn't have to be at the beginning of the month or anything. After a while if you find your days are much the same, or you're struggling to know what to document that week, change it up by focusing on different aspects of your life:

All about your flat
Sightseeing around Hamilton. What is your favourite place so far?
Room mates/school friends
All about the course you're studying, with photos of the university and teachers, or homework etc
Food. What is your normal diet? Who cooks? What are your 'treat' foods, where do you go out to eat etc?
Transport - how do you get out and around town? Do you have a car, take the bus, or walk? If you walk, take photos of what you see along the route.
Clothing. What are you wearing now? What do you wear to school? What is your favourite outfit? What is next on your shopping list?
Communication. Document some of your communication with friends/family. Screen shot skype messages or phone texts. Photograph some snail mail you received. Capture snippets of support from your loved ones.

Last edited by jacinda; 06-24-2016 at 02:34 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 08:17 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
All about your flat
Sightseeing around Hamilton. What is your favourite place so far?
Room mates/school friends
All about the course you're studying, with photos of the university and teachers, or homework etc
Food. What is your normal diet? Who cooks? What are your 'treat' foods, where do you go out to eat etc?
Transport - how do you get out and around town? Do you have a car, take the bus, or walk? If you walk, take photos of what you see along the route.
Clothing. What are you wearing now? What do you wear to school? What is your favourite outfit? What is next on your shopping list?
Communication. Document some of your communication with friends/family. Screen shot skype messages or phone texts. Photograph some snail mail you received. Capture snippets of support from your loved ones.
These ideas are GOLDEN... I'm totally going to do all of this...
Old 06-24-2016, 11:07 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I agree that you should start when you're ready, not at the start of a month or year. But if you want to start with preparing to move, you can probably take some of the photos retroactively. For example, take a photo of the outside of the building now (or when you move), and use it along with a journaling card about when you went to look at the apartment for the first time. Photograph your lease, where you're living now, your packed boxes, some favorite/frequent places you go, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2016, 12:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

you could always use elements in place of photos with the journaling on journaling cards... that would make a cute page!
Old 06-24-2016, 10:48 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I would take a photo outside your building and then use journaling cards to capture all the bits 'n' pieces of moving: why, when, etc. I would do a separate page that has all uniform size pockets (all 3x4s, all 4x4s, etc.) and then stick in a bunch of shots from the actual move: the boxes stacked up, the moving vehicle(s), your moving helper(s), you in front of the apartment door, how it all looks inside.