Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Not only professionals, but corporate business too! I've been hearing about this change in our meetings for a while. That's what their target audience is. For hobbyist, they've got PSE.

But I have to say that this change will make it harder for someone to learn the program for career advancement. That was the reason I bought CS6 suite when I did. To make myself more marketable by learning the software at home. I had annual subscription to Lynda.com to learn the software. So, I'm not totally opposed to subscription based services, but when it comes to software and you can't own it to use it later, it's just wrong! LOL
Old 05-07-2013, 05:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

On the other hand, since a person doesn't have to shell out a huge amount of money right away, it could be that we see more designers coming out with some amazing items, given that they will potentially have more tools at their disposal?
Old 05-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

oh my. i really want cs6 but simply can't afford the big price tag. and i don't want the cc. it is ridiculous for me to pay that huge monthly fee. if they are doing that exclusively, they will have to get down with the prizes!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a strong opposition to anything that locks me into a monthly contract. It is a matter of principle more than a matter of cost.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:03 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I think $19 per month is too much for access to just Photoshop. A couple years ago, I saw someone from Adobe mention that the PS upgrades were really reasonable because they amounted to basically $10/month, if you looked at the cost of each upgrade spread over the time between upgrades. This subscription would be double that. Maybe it's not too bad if you are just starting to us PS and haven't already forked out the big $$ to buy PS at some point, but it should be cheaper if you already own PS and are, essentially, just "upgrading" through the Cloud.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltarbox View Post
I just think they aren't concerned about hobbyists. They will make enough money from professionals to make up for whatever they lose from hobbyists. Sad but true. And, from their perspective, think of all the resources they save by being able to roll out small updates whenever they are ready instead of overhauling the whole program once a year (or even once every two years).

I'm not saying I like it, but I can definitely see why it makes sense for them from a business perspective.
Yes. The fact that you get small updates on the go is the reason why I've been thinking about it for a year now. I like that a lot.

Financially it involves triple costs to me however. An upgrade costs me 200 EUR (and I didn't even upgrade every time), two years of subscription will be 600 EUR, which is almost the prices of the full PS. And yes, the prices are higher here, and even higher in UK where the same is charged in pounds.

Anyway, I subscribed because I was truly thinking about it for a year...

But I get people's frustration with this, I totally do.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just saw $9.99 for one application https://creative.adobe.com/plans?pla...&promoid=KFHQB
Old 05-08-2013, 04:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathergw View Post
I'm sorry... but what student can afford $30 per month?
Exactly, for me it would either be bus fare or this. I couldnt afford both and right now Icant justify the cost with how much I use it either.

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 05-13-2013, 07:47 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

hey all, just found this & thought you might be interested! from an Adobe insider
http://scottkelby.com/2013/my-take-o...ax-conference/
Old 05-14-2013, 07:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by megbertapell View Post
hey all, just found this & thought you might be interested! from an Adobe insider
http://scottkelby.com/2013/my-take-o...ax-conference/
There are some angry, angry comments on Scott Kelby's post. I would not want to be in his shoes right about now. I do think he has a bit of a conflict of interests between his income from Adobe vs his role with NAPP.