Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2018, 03:38 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Qotd: Where do you see yourself in 10 years? (01/13)

Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Old 01-13-2018, 06:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hopefully I will have found my dream job (just need to figure out what that is first) as the one I have now is hanging in a thin thread since the postal service is loosing so much money due to digitalisation and need to cut down on staff. My kids will be wellbehaved (hah who am I kidding) teenagers and my husband and I will travel the world, dragging the kids through this and that country.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh geez....I hardly ever look that far into the future. Hopefully done moving around and settled down somewhere on land with a farm and lots of animals.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hubby will have just or be about to retire, unless he decides to stay in for 30 rather than 20 years, so we will be making the transition, figuring out jobs, buying a house, etc. it will be interesting

Old 01-13-2018, 02:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Hopefully I could work again you know. I really missed working. Then maybe I would have collected some medals from fun runs I would join (hehe). I missed running too.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:55 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've spent most of my adult life just surviving and making it paycheck to paycheck. There is no looking into the future when you're not sure how you'll make it through next week, KWIM?

I'm still adjusting to being able to make plans that far into the future. I know some goals that I have for myself & my family that I plan on making happen in the next 10 years --- buying a house, traveling internationally, taking the kids to Disney World, taking dancing & singing lessons --- but I don't know what I will be like or how my life will look in January 2028.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:08 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

In ten years I will be close to retiring, OMG. I am not sure I am ready to look that far ahead. LOL
Old 01-14-2018, 09:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

In 10 years my youngest should be graduating college. Its crazy to think about!
Old 01-15-2018, 01:10 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Ten years . . . .wow, I don't know really. Maybe in 10-years I'll be a grandmother (that's a scary thought). I'll have a 26, 23 and 15 year old and that's just scary to think about! :O In 10 years my husband should be retiring unless medical gets in the way before then. So like Adi, he'll be transitioning out of the Army and we'll be looking for a place to call home forever (golly that's such a scary word when you move every 2-3 years!). I don't know. I don't want to think about life in 10-years. I like being in the now and today!
Old 01-15-2018, 03:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
I've spent most of my adult life just surviving and making it paycheck to paycheck. There is no looking into the future when you're not sure how you'll make it through next week, KWIM?
Exactly, 5 years ago I thought I’d be living in Canada, now I’m not sure if/when that might happen.

The realistic goals would be working, in good health

The slightly more ambitious goals would be a job i’m happy in, traveling, living overseas, in a relationship

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Old 01-15-2018, 12:18 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Retired from the military, working as a STEM teacher, living in our dream home we plan to build in the lakes area and paying for kiddo's college at my alma mater.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:23 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

It's amazing how fast it's going to go!! OMGosh. Lily will almost be 25 and Lucas will almost be 20.. goodness goodness goodness. I really don't know what we'll be doing I just hope we'll all be happy I hope I still have a job getting to be creative like I do now!
Old 01-15-2018, 12:38 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Jake will be 20 and in college - hubby has already hinted to me that I'll have to find a job that will make enough to pay for college. What that is, I don't know... I know I don't want to go back into corporate America for training again. I hope I figure out what I want to be when I grow up, quickly.
Old 01-15-2018, 02:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh wow!! 10 years sounds like a really long time, but it goes so quickly. By then, our boys should be done with college, and all of my kids will probably be married. Hopefully Kayla and Luke (and their boys) will move to Idaho so we can all be close again. Hopefully David & I will be travelling and doing some fun things together.
I've always thought I'd go back to school, but it seems pointless if I don't know what I want to do. So, if Kayla and her family move close, I can babysit and do fun things with the grandkids!
Old 01-15-2018, 06:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have NO idea. My kids will be 24, 21, and 19. Thinking forward, so much depends on what's happening with my special needs kiddo (then 21). Right now I'm working as a preschool teacher. I love the job but not the pay. One of the biggest reasons I stay with it is that it I'm off any time the public schools are closed; it would be very hard to make good arrangements for Ben during summers and school vacations. Presumably there will come a point in time where either he doesn't need me home anymore or where I'll decide that it's never going to change and that I need to find a higher paying job that I can do from home. So 10 years from now I'll probably be working in a different career and 2 of my 3 kids will be out of the house. I think we'll still be in this general area because of Dan's job and wanting to stay in this school system throughout my kids' K-12 years, but we may not be in this house anymore.