Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 07-21-2017, 07:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default TGIF! What are you doing this weekend?

I just had those overhead storage racks put in our garage so, among other things, we'll be moving stuff home from a pricey storage locker we've been paying for. Not really looking forward to hauling the stuff but I am looking forward to saving the $$.

More importantly, it's my son's 15th birthday so I need to wrap presents and we'll be going out to dinner to celebrate. Otherwise mostly an uneventful weekend.

How about you?
Old 07-21-2017, 08:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Bowling. Again. Lol... We registered for the kidsbowlfree.com program where they get to bowl for free all summer long. I figured it was cheaper to just buy shoes than to keep renting, and it was, but now I feel like I HAVE to go every weekend to break even. I'm getting pretty bored of bowling for sure! Lol....
Old 07-21-2017, 08:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I happen to love bowling and it's so hot here in Phoenix that it's a great summer activity. I've often thought that about the shoes but we really don't go very often so I can't see having bowling shoes hanging around.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My daughter has her senior photos tomorrow! She was just in kindergarten yesterday....wasn't she?
Old 07-21-2017, 09:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm sucking down lots of medicine & trying to rest/sleep when I can since we have a big weekend ahead of us! Of course, I caught my son's cold at the tail end of this week.

I have been planning an event for the non-profit I volunteer with that's happening tomorrow afternoon. My husband is going to man the grill, and I'm going to go around and greet people and hold down the fort. I really hope my son behaves himself with the high school/college kids we roped into helping so that the adults could hang out and chat.

We have a local roller derby team that's having a bout tomorrow night. I think my daughter would think it was cool but I don't know if I'll feel up to it especially after being at the other event and out in the heat for a couple hours. We'll see.

We're headed up to the beach Sunday and that will probably take most of the day.

Last edited by LeeAndra; 07-21-2017 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:32 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I worked 12-8 today, outside in the horrible heat and humidity......a feels like 99F ugh. I work Saturday and Sunday but am in the office with AC so that's good and just 3 hours each day as it's kind of slow, plus we only have one model home to show right now on the island. I can show them empty lots, lol.

Take my dog up to the breeders early Saturday morning (1 1/2 hr drive each way) as they are going to spoil her rotten while I am gone on vacation.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I spent most of this morning (Sat) making cakes for my boys' Cub/Scout bake sale tomorrow, went to the pool and now I'm taking my son to tennis comp. Tomorrow we're helping out on the bake sale/BBQ for a couple of hours.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's our city's turn to have their summer celebration and it lasts for 2 full weeks. It's "Fiesta Days" and it's insane from what we've been told. Tomorrow morning is the children's parade followed by a children's free thing at the park. We'll do that, then I need to get some time in on the computer working & editing. Then I'm taking my twin sister's family pics tomorrow evening.

Sunday will be church, leading the children's music time at church, nap, then driving up to my twin sister's house to celebrate 3 birthdays. Whew!

THEN Monday is Pioneer Day in our state and it rivals the Fourth of July...no joke. But it's also THE day to celebrate our Fiesta Days so our city has a morning parade, more events, then we'll attend a neighborhood party that'll end with us surrounded by big aerial fireworks. It's insane and pure chaos. I can't wait! Especially since we slacked off on the Fourth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-21-2017, 11:54 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

More house projects (I'm trying to get the last remnants of old paint off the stairs before I paint or stain them. We'll see what else I feel like tackling.) and probably taking the kids to the pool...it's too hot and humid this week to do much of anything else!
Old 07-22-2017, 03:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not much on the agenda - we go on vacation at our place on the lake 2 weeks from today so we're hanging out at home this weekend.

I worked one job until noon today and work my other job tonight from 5-9. Just got home from going shopping with Cheyanne for some clothes to have her senior pics done next month.

Tomorrow she's spending the day with her boyfriend's family while I paint my kitchen.

Monday is the 2nd day of my weekend (I work Saturdays and have Sunday/Monday off) and it's supposed to rain so I'll probably scrap and do housework while Cheyanne and her boyfriend hang out here and watch movies.