Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 01-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Default A Healthier Me in 2016: January 4-10

This is our thread where we can post how we're doing, what plan we're trying, share recipes, tips, frustrations, progress and just support each other in our Weight Loss journeys!

Last edited by Libby Pritchett; 01-04-2016 at 05:28 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks so much for creating this thread Libby! It's gonna help me so much I am sure!
Old 01-04-2016, 04:28 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

I am in too!! Tomorrow I start back to walking after being off for 3 weeks with the flu (UGH). But I'm feeling much better and the kids start back to school again. Now to put batteries in my scale because it is dead and keep on cooking instead of going out. I know it is only day 4 but we've only eaten out one meal in 2016 and for us over a weekend - that's a big change!!

I vote for weekly threads if it isn't too much trouble. Keeping them on Mondays will help us keep on track with the new week!
Old 01-04-2016, 04:34 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm in! I'm fine with weekly or monthly threads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 01-04-2016, 05:29 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post

I vote for weekly threads if it isn't too much trouble. Keeping them on Mondays will help us keep on track with the new week!
Not a problem at all. In fact, I was kinda leaning that way myself after I posted. I'll just post a new thread on Mondays! And if I forget, anyone is welcome to start one. I will just sticky it when I see it!
Old 01-04-2016, 05:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to haydensmommy217

I'm in!!!

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.
I have guested for Kristin Cronin-Barrow, Traci Reed, and Krystal Hartley.

♥♥Facebook♥♥Pinterest♥♥Gallery♥♥
Old 01-04-2016, 05:37 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

So, as I said in the other thread, I just joined WW on Thursday. I did it about 15 years ago and lost 40 lbs, so I know it works. Unfortunately, I now weigh more than I did when I was 9 months pregnant with my almost-4-year old. I am so embarrassed to look in the mirror or to be seen (I cringe when I have to have a photo taken).

I've known that I've NEEDED to lose weight for a while, but I just didn't WANT it. And honestly, I think that's the key. If you don't WANT it, you aren't going to do it. I mean, obvsiously, I wanted to be thinner, but I wanted that milkshake more. LOL

I've tried MFP numerous times and always drop a little, and then I give up and gain that back and then some. So, that's why I decided to do WW this time. I need the accountability. I'm going to meetings so that I have to check in with someone in person each week. My husband, mom, and sister are all doing it with me, so I definitely feel good about the support.

So glad we'll have this thread each week!
Old 01-04-2016, 05:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

You got this Libby!!!

My son is now 10 and I still have baby weight plus some. My boyfriend and I have been talking about having one together, but I want to lose the weight from my son plus some before that happens. Plus I am just tired of spending more on clothes and having to go to "plus size" stores. I want to be able to shop anywhere I want. So my big goal is to get to a size 10-12 pants. I am a size 18-20 right now, so I have a lot of work to do.

But like you said Libby. I WANT it this time around. More than that chocolate brownie. So here's to helping each other out and encouraging one another!
Old 01-04-2016, 06:20 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Holly that where I was at before I started my weight loss journey, I fit into a size 18 jean I started the end of may of 2015 and now I wear a size 8-10 as of today. ( and have been in since thanksgiving.)

Proudly Creating For:
Amanda Yi, Becca Bonneville, Digilicious Designs, Jady Day Studio, Lliella Designs, Meghan Mullens, and Miss Fish.

Old 01-04-2016, 06:24 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Hailey, that is SO encouraging! I wear a size 18 jeans right now, and I"d LOVE to be down in a 10 or so. Good to hear that it's possible!!
Old 01-04-2016, 06:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's awesome!!! Congrats! That's exactly where I want to be. I'll even take a size 12. lol
Old 01-04-2016, 06:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you Libby and Holly <3

just take one day at a time, the hardest was not giving into the cravings. I weighed all my food as much as that was a pain in the butt to do and drinking well over a hundred oz of water a day. also watch your sodium content if you consume to much sodium it can show on the scale but will disappear a day or two later. Only weigh yourself the same time once a week wearing the same clothes from the previous week. You don't have to do once a week I did everyday cause I wanted to see the scale go down even by a few ounces each day.

The first week or two I did lose weight a lot faster than I am at now, I believe it was water weight. I lost almost 10 pounds before the middle of June.

Now to say what no one ever whats to hear, you will hit plateaus where the scale will not move do not get discouraged. I went 3 weeks once and the scale didn't move even by a few ounces but I changed up my eating I ate a little more by maybe 50-100 calories of still healthy foods and maybe walked or exercise for an extra 10-15 minutes and the scale moved the following week.

Proudly Creating For:

Old 01-04-2016, 07:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Okay, I'm in I never had a weight problem until after DH died. Raising a 15-yo and a 2-yo by myself after such a tragic event took everything out of me for quite a few years and I had the mentality that it didn't matter. So fast forward to 12 years and 50 pounds later and here I am. And it's not easy losing 50 pounds when you're 50+ years old!

I've been a vegetarian for 33 years so that ain't gonna change ever - LOL. 2 months ago I stopped ALL dairy and eggs and processed crap food. I've lost 13 pounds (and that includes over the holiday season!) So I'm really stoked and feel pretty darn good. That's also with no exercise other than 20 or so minutes of yoga every morning.

For me meal planning and prepping have been key - on my day off I make several meals (lunches and suppers) and portion them out into individual meals and keep them in the fridge/freezer. Here is what I made tonight in 1.5 hours (which included kitchen cleanup): Far left is Adobo Chili, which I eat over a baked potato (the dish to the right has baked sweet and white potatoes); next to that on the top is white chili; below that is broccoli, edamame, and scallions that I eat over a baked sweet potato topped with the peanut sauced pictured to the right; then on the bottom is 2 servings of Indian Peppers and Potatoes. This will be 4 days of lunch and supper, all done and ready to go into the microwave. No excuses to grab something not healthy on the way home from anywhere and I can't use the excuse of being too tired to cook/don't feel like cooking.

Last edited by mariewilcox; 01-16-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-04-2016, 09:40 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I'm in; unfortunately I have to say that my baby is 32 and I never really lost that weight and kept putting on. I finally got tired of buying plus sizes (on top of not being able to find clothes I like) and am ready. I am also over 50 (54 to be exact) so I know this may be tough but I am ready. I have planned our meals (which is very unusual for me) and planned lunches so I am prepared. I joined several fitbit groups to motivate me to loose.

I also joined weight watchers online - granted there is no group accountability but I am having my husband watch me weigh.

Day 4 of my journey and I drank over 80 oz of water (closer to 96 oz), got over 7,500 steps (which is about 3,000 over normal) and I did good on eating (did have small piece of cake).

I try to only weigh in once a week since I don't want to get discouraged with the ups/downs that I see normally happen on the scale.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:32 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Those doing WW how do you like the new points? I've been doing WW on and off the last three years (up down up down lol) but I'm not a huge fan of the new points...granted I only gave it a week of trying before I stopped.

I'm just counting calories on my own. Calculated what I needed to lose on MFP and staying in that range. I've gained almost 20lbs that I lost back this year (just a lot of changes in my life and I got kinda comfy with food and an injury kept me from running) so I need to lose that 20 plus a little more now.

Like Hailey I weigh all my food..it's a pita but I'm trying to be as accurate as possible and not consume hidden calories

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 01-04-2016, 10:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm in! Except...in a different way. I can't obsess over calories and carbs and points and whatnot. That stuff just exhausts me and I give up way too easily. But I have SO much weight to lose. My sweatpants (let me say that again, MY SWEATPANTS) are getting tight on me. I'm going to baby step this process and I am NOT going to step on the scale (that's going to be super hard for me).

My mini goals for now are:
- walk (power walk) at least 30 minutes at least 5 days a week
- drink at least 100oz of water per day
- more veggies
- wayyyyy less sugar. like almost no sugar. at least not straight up white granulated sugar.

Eventually I'd like to add in more exercise and maybe tweak my food plans a bit more, but for now, I know that I need to move in small increments.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 01-04-2016, 10:58 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Hi, everyone. I love that we'll have this thread for support! I'm also about a size 16/18 jeans and so tired of it!

I've felt like I've had a weight problem all my life, but weights that I considered fat in my teen's and 20's are lower than my current goal. What was I thinking back then, not appreciating where I was? In my teens and 20's it was easy to lose weight when I wanted to. Sometimes I did it on my own by counting calories, and after my 2nd and 3rd kids were born I joined Weight Watchers and was relatively happy with my results. But then for the last 4-5 years nothing has worked for me. I tried over and over, even joining a gym and working out consistently for the first time ever. Still nothing--I kept losing the same 10-15 lbs (which would take 6 months!), could never get below that, and eventually got discouraged and gave up every time. Now that I'm finally on thyroid meds, I'm optimistic that if I'm willing to put in the work, I really will be able to lose this time.

I re-joined Weight Watchers and started yesterday. I'm doing the online only program, which is what I've done in the past. So far I like the new program better than the last one. (I could never lose weight on that last one, though some of that was because of my thyroid. I did better on the WW program before that.) The main reason that I went with WW this time instead of calorie counting was because I wanted more of a push toward healthy eating. I've noticed that I stopped eating fruit the last few years. I still ate lots of vegetables since they were lower in calories, but an apple felt like a waste when I could have a string cheese for the same number of calories. I wanted to change that mindset.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Yay.

I lost 100lb doing a plan called Slimming World (kind of like WW but works better for me than WW does) I had 28lb to go to be at my target weight and fell pregnant. I've lost weight while eating healthy during pregnancy so haven't gained so far at 25 weeks, I had lost 10lb but I gained 5lb over Christmas (can I blame baby growing and not the bad food lol) I'm hoping to at least get that off over the next few weeks.

I don't really do much exercise as I did a half marathon at 9 weeks pregnant and ended up bleeding and got told to stop (boohoo) so I mainly just walk now, I try and aim for 3 miles a day and also running round after a 3 year old, 10 year old and 14 year old lol.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:54 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm currently training for a half marathon so I'm in.

I run 3-4 times a week, spin once a week, and two cross-fit type classes twice a week. I follow the 21-Day Fix meal plan and have a Shakeology drink every day. It takes some planning but it works.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I started back on Weight Watchers yesterday. I lost 30 lbs between August 25th 2014-June 2015, but just kind of maintained, lost 4 additional between June and the Holidays. I'm up 7 from my lowest weight, but 3 from my average weight the last part of 2015.

I still need to loose another 50 lbs, but I'd be happy with another 30.

I'm using the itrackbites app for anyone that wants to do WW, but doesn't want to do the new smart points or pay for it. I've used it the entire time. It's like $4 I think.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:18 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

This is day 5 and I have been doing well with getting my water in and pretty good with eating. I have planned both my lunch at work as well as supper for when I get home which has resulted in better meals (no fast food).

I have a fitbit and have been shooting for 7,500 steps each day - yesterday I was a little short (about 50 steps) and today I got up over 8,000.

Small steps is my motto; change takes some time to become a habit so I don't want to drastically change everything and then burn out. I can't quite figure out if I want to weigh each day or once a week; I weighed this morning and I was up but I also know yesterday I had more bread (no bread today). I guess I just need to continue working as is and see what happens Saturday when I weigh in.
Old 01-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'm jumping in! I guess! haha!

I have been trying to eat mostly vegan the last three months and am purchasing "the starch solution" because this is a eating plan I feel I really can follow. I don't miss meat.. honestly and learning more about a plant based lifestyle has been really eye opening. Knowing it's OK to eat carbs and potatoes is al lifestyle I can actually live with LOL! I get scale obsessed so probably won't be tracking my progress that way.

In terms of exercising i'm not 100% sure what I want to focus on. Last year I was loving running until I did my first ever 5k and puked at the end and now it's messed with my head and things haven't been the same since. I did 21 day fix so many times that I might cry if I do it again so I'm changing it up I just don't know to what - maybe fitness blender workouts

I do think I want to get a fitbit though!
Old 01-05-2016, 09:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I'm jumping in! I guess! haha!

I have been trying to eat mostly vegan the last three months and am purchasing "the starch solution" because this is a eating plan I feel I really can follow. I don't miss meat.. honestly and learning more about a plant based lifestyle has been really eye opening. Knowing it's OK to eat carbs and potatoes is a lifestyle I can actually live with LOL! I get scale obsessed so probably won't be tracking my progress that way.

In terms of exercising i'm not 100% sure what I want to focus on. Last year I was loving running until I did my first ever 5k and puked at the end and now it's messed with my head and things haven't been the same since. I did 21 day fix so many times that I might cry if I do it again so I'm changing it up I just don't know to what - maybe fitness blender workouts

I do think I want to get a fitbit though!
Glad to have another plant-based person on board It really is eye opening and my meals are sooooo tasty!
Old 01-06-2016, 08:45 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Have you all seen that Fitbit has come out with their own "watch" version? Looks nice, wish they would have put something out about it before Christmas because I might have gotten that one for my son instead of the Garmin Active watch but he likes it because it gives him notifications like my Apple watch that he really wants!

I got back into walking yesterday and did just under 2 and a half miles. It was really windy and after being sick I felt like the wind was taking away my breath so I cut it short. Today we have rain all day so I think I'm going to lift my kettle bell and use my step and try to get all three of my circles filled in on my activity tracker again!!
Old 01-06-2016, 12:43 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
Have you all seen that Fitbit has come out with their own "watch" version?
Yes! I saw that yesterday when I got the email to pre-order. It looks like it's just what I need, too. But, I really don't want to spend the money right now.

Old 01-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

This was the Christmas of Fitbits, but I somehow avoided getting one. I'm not sure if I should take that personally... LOL. Or maybe everyone knows I absolutely hate having anything on my wrist. When they come up with a fitbit that comes on a pretty pendant necklace I'll be on board.

Old 01-06-2016, 01:05 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
This was the Christmas of Fitbits, but I somehow avoided getting one. I'm not sure if I should take that personally... LOL. Or maybe everyone knows I absolutely hate having anything on my wrist. When they come up with a fitbit that comes on a pretty pendant necklace I'll be on board.
HAHA! well I don't have one either... yet. I am the same though I hate wearing things on my wrist (actually I hate wearing EVERYTHING so I don't even wear my wedding rings - thankfully Darcy understands LOL)

And marie- WOOT!
Old 01-06-2016, 01:17 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by YepBrook View Post
the fitibit zip and the one are clip ons

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 01-06-2016, 02:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm thinking of getting a fitbit with my birthday money but I'm worried it'll be put away after a few weeks lol.

It was my weigh today and I lost 2lb
Old 01-06-2016, 03:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I want a fitbit too... or something comparable but alas I am broke lol... maybe tax return time...

Also I am day 3 without soda (only water)... I have wanted one so bad, but that was one of my goals is to give it up... maybe have one once a week.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

well my fitbit flex arrived today - I am charging it now and deciding what I'm going to do tomorrow to be active

Scrappy Instagram

Creative Team Member for The Lilypad & Studio Liv

Last edited by littlekiwi; 01-07-2016 at 02:55 AM.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:39 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I've had a Fitbit since Sept and since then its only been off my wrist when I have a shower and when I'm charging it. I like the sleep tracker - though it tells me I never get enough.

I've found myself walking more since I got it, so that I'll get my 10,000 steps a day. I don't really need to lose weight but I want to be fitter and build muscle... so I really need to start doing weights of some kind too (at home - you will NEVER find me in a gym!).

I usually eat fairly healthy food but I'm keen to try more vegetarian options. I don't think I'd ever give up meat altogether - I have chronic low iron and my doctor recommends I eat some red meat. Still, I'd like to know how to get enough iron from a vegetarian diet, without taking supplements if possible.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak View Post
I've had a Fitbit since Sept and since then its only been off my wrist when I have a shower and when I'm charging it. I like the sleep tracker - though it tells me I never get enough.

I've found myself walking more since I got it, so that I'll get my 10,000 steps a day. I don't really need to lose weight but I want to be fitter and build muscle... so I really need to start doing weights of some kind too (at home - you will NEVER find me in a gym!).

I usually eat fairly healthy food but I'm keen to try more vegetarian options. I don't think I'd ever give up meat altogether - I have chronic low iron and my doctor recommends I eat some red meat. Still, I'd like to know how to get enough iron from a vegetarian diet, without taking supplements if possible.
Believe it or not, iron deficiency anemia is not any more prevalent in vegetarians than it is in meat eaters. You need vitamin C to absorb iron maximally so being a vegetarian I probably consume more vitamin C than the average meat eater, thus the iron I get from foods such as spinach and beans is better absorbed than iron from a steak with potatoes. You would have to eat more than 1700 calories of sirloin steak to get the same amount of iron as found in 100 calories of spinach. Also a lot of vegetables are high in iron AND vitamin C (broccoli and bok choy) so just eating one of these by itself has much more absorbable iron than meat. Top ways to get iron from non-meat sources are spinach and other greens like chard, broccoli, bok choy, lentils, soy beans, any other kind of bean (kidney, black, pinto, white, garbanzo, etc.)
Old 01-07-2016, 12:47 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Well, tonight is or first weigh-in! I'm excited and nervous. I really don't know what to expect because our first meeting was early in the day (since it was Christmas break, we went to a morning meeting), but tonight (and subsequent meetings) will be in the evening. So, I keep telling myself that I always weigh more in the evening, so I don't need to be disappointed with whatever the scale says.

I feel like I've had a good week though, for the most part. I haven't drank enough water, and I haven't exercised as much as I should (though I DID join Planet Fitness on Tuesday, so maybe that'll keep me going?). So, those are my goals for this next week. More water, more exercise. I did great with my food all week though. I stayed at or under my points each day, ate lots of fruits & veggies, and the biggest "splurge" I had was 2 hershey's kisses.

I'll check in tonight after the meeting!
Old 01-07-2016, 05:41 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Small steps Libby; unfortunately we did not put the weight on overnight (in one week) and it is not going to come off in one week. A good weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week so be happy with whatever happens. Yes you are right we weigh more in the evening so just understand.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:08 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Well, my weigh-in tonight was 2.2 lbs. Admittedly, I was hoping for more this first week (what with water weight and all), but I'm really not disappointed. I would've been upset to GAIN that amount. And knowing that I didn't exercise or drink water like I should have, I know there's plenty of room for improvement. Baby steps. If I lost that much every week (which I know I won't), I'd be at goal before the end of the year. So, I'm gonna keep plugging along here.

My husband, on the other hand, lost 6.2 lbs. What the heck? Men suck. He eats more, doesn't try as hard, and STILL loses faster than me. Super frustrating.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:14 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Congrats, Libby! That's a great loss. Tomorrow is my first weigh in. I've finished 5 days on WW so far, and they've gone well. I didn't dip into my weekly points at all and I felt like I was making good eating choices, but I'd be surprised if I lost more than a pound or two. As long as I've lost, I think I'll be happy with it. I haven't been sleeping enough, and I know that will make a difference.

I hear you on men and weight loss! Any time DH tries to lose weight, he does it so much more easily than I do. We're talking using his weekly points for a huge burger and fries on the weekend and still losing! No way I could do something like that and not gain. (Not that I'd want to, being a vegetarian, but you know what I mean! )

Today was my first day with my Activite Pop activity tracker. I set my goal low to start--about 7000 steps, and I almost made it. (I forgot that it would reset at 12:00 tonight, not an hour later when I went to bed. Guess I'm not getting that last 300 steps in!) I used to have a clip style (Up Move) that fell off and got lost over Thanksgiving, but I went with this one this time because it looks like a watch. I like to have a watch and nothing else on my wrist, so I knew I wouldn't use an arm band style that couldn't be my watch, too.

Last edited by rach3975; 01-08-2016 at 02:20 AM.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:06 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Congrats Libby - you know if you have weighed earlier in the day it would probably be more so just use this as your new weight since you will be weighing in the evenings.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
Believe it or not, iron deficiency anemia is not any more prevalent in vegetarians than it is in meat eaters. You need vitamin C to absorb iron maximally so being a vegetarian I probably consume more vitamin C than the average meat eater, thus the iron I get from foods such as spinach and beans is better absorbed than iron from a steak with potatoes. You would have to eat more than 1700 calories of sirloin steak to get the same amount of iron as found in 100 calories of spinach. Also a lot of vegetables are high in iron AND vitamin C (broccoli and bok choy) so just eating one of these by itself has much more absorbable iron than meat. Top ways to get iron from non-meat sources are spinach and other greens like chard, broccoli, bok choy, lentils, soy beans, any other kind of bean (kidney, black, pinto, white, garbanzo, etc.)
Thanks Marie. I already eat a fair few of those... maybe just not enough to get all the iron benefits. Will have to try eating more of them!
Old 01-08-2016, 10:49 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I still have yet to join! Uh!!! Such a busy week. Although I am trying to ready myself. I ate salads for lunch and skipped sweets and ate fruit instead if I was having a sugar craving. I am NOT looking forward to that first weigh-in when I join. The last time I was weighed was in June at the OB and I was shocked. :P

Old 01-09-2016, 06:48 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Official weigh in this morning and I am down 1.4 (not as much as I would like but at least it is a loss). I need to plan a little better for lunch (more like healthier foods) so I plan on cooking some chicken breasts this weekend so I can take for lunches at work. I also think I need more protein at breakfast so I have to think on this one.

Anybody got any suggestions for breakfast food that I can take to work? I leave house at 5:30; start work at 6:00 so I don't like eating before I leave for work. I normally eat around 7:00 at work.
Old 01-10-2016, 01:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Just finished my batch cooking for the week - 7 lunches, 7 suppers all done Having the Rainbow Salad (front right) for lunch right now!

Meal planning for me is so key to staying on track, as well as my sticker calendar

Old 01-10-2016, 02:21 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjr@fuse.net View Post
Official weigh in this morning and I am down 1.4 (not as much as I would like but at least it is a loss). I need to plan a little better for lunch (more like healthier foods) so I plan on cooking some chicken breasts this weekend so I can take for lunches at work. I also think I need more protein at breakfast so I have to think on this one.

Anybody got any suggestions for breakfast food that I can take to work? I leave house at 5:30; start work at 6:00 so I don't like eating before I leave for work. I normally eat around 7:00 at work.
YAY! Good job!

My husband's morning breakfast before work is 2 boiled eggs and a banana. I just keep a big bowl of them in the fridge and he can grab a couple as he's walking out the door.

Or packets of oatmeal that you can mix in a coffee mug and microwave at work?

For lunches, I bought some little jars, and I'm going to make up some of these. I'm thinking I'll get creative and put different things in like shredded chicken, brown rice, a spoonful of guac, etc.
Old 01-10-2016, 02:22 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Marie, that is SO awesome!! I love that you do that!
Old 01-10-2016, 08:15 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariewilcox View Post
Just finished my batch cooking for the week - 7 lunches, 7 suppers all done Having the Rainbow Salad (front right) for lunch right now!

Meal planning for me is so key to staying on track, as well as my sticker calendar
I believe this is going to be the key, along with the weighing everything and portioning everything! Portions, portions, portions! I've got this! I did it once before and was healthier. My main thing isn't really weight loss, yes I need to lose but I need to be healthy first because I need to get on top of it before it gets out of control.

Marie, do you have a recipe for the bell pepper and potato stir fry? It seems like something I would love. I am prepping like crazy tonight, lots of veggies for me but some meats because I just can't give it up. Mostly chicken and turkey

Plus I downloaded a few new apps to keep me on track! My weight right now scares me! But I have to remember muscle weighs more than fat and that is my plan, build muscle but lose weight and get healthy!

So glad to see we are all helping each other out and keeping each other motivated!

I have just started today and will weigh in next Sunday! Fingers crossed!

Old 01-10-2016, 08:30 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

So glad you're joining us, Jennifer! You got this!!
Old 01-10-2016, 08:34 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libby Pritchett View Post
So glad you're joining us, Jennifer! You got this!!
Me too!

Old 01-10-2016, 08:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Here you go Jennifer

Indian Potatoes and Peppers (2 servings)
1 cup (8-oz) veg broth
1⁄2 small onion dice
2 garlic cloves mince
1 tsp ground coriander
1⁄2 tsp chili powder
1⁄2 tsp ground cumin
1 red bell pepper seed, slice
2 potatoes dice
1 tbsp ketchup
1⁄2 cup green peas
1 tsp curry
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
2 cups cooked brown rice

Directions:
1. Line a large pot with 1⁄4-cup broth.
2. Saute onion and garlic until translucent.
3. Add coriander, chili power, and cumin,
stirring to coat well.
4. Add bell peppers and cook until softer,
adding broth as needed.
5. Stir in potatoes, cover, and cook until
fork-tender, adding broth as needed,
stirring occasionally.
6. Once vegetables are very soft, stir in
ketchup, peas and curry.
7. Cook until peas are warm, then taste,
adding more curry, coriander,
or ketchup to taste.
8. Let rest covered for a few minutes.
9. Squeeze lemon juice over top before
serving (stirring to mix).
10. Garnish with cilantro.
11. Enjoy with a side of rice (or serve on top of rice).

Per serving: 421 calories, 2.8g fat, 86.8g carbs,
8.9g fiber, 8.8g sugars, 13.1g protein
Old 01-10-2016, 09:13 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Oh, thank you Marie!

I need to look up some more veggie friendly meals!

Old 01-10-2016, 09:24 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMC1988 View Post
Oh, thank you Marie!

I need to look up some more veggie friendly meals!
I have a private group on FB where I post recipes for 2 friends; I added you in case you want to check out the recipes If you want to un-join that's fine - I won't be offended!