Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2013, 11:29 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm
Default 2014 resolutions ?

Do you make resolutions each year ? Are you planning any for 2014 ? I've never been super big on them. I've made lists before and then ignored it. I do really want to make some changes this coming year though so maybe I will give it a go. Maybe like. A new goal a month or something so they're shorter term and I'm more likely to stick to them.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No and no.

We reflect on our goals and progress throughout the year. We tend to plan about 6 months at a time - goals, travel, budgets, savings, etc - then revisit every few months. We don't do yearly resolutions. A year is too large a chunk of time and the goals become too broad to achieve.
Old 12-27-2013, 11:48 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I like the whole One Little Word thing. I still haven't decided on mine yet. I want it to reflect the goals I have for next year which are to lose weight, train for and run a half-marathon, develop relationships I have further and work on my house. I just haven't figured out how that works into one word yet.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was just thinking about this. I don't like calling them resolutions but rather goals and aspirations. Here are a few things I want to aspire to do.

1. Read at least 2 books a month. I just got a Kindle Fire HDX and I want to make good use of it.
2. I want to eat better. By better, I mean less processed food, more veggies and fruit, and less red meat.
3. I want to do Project Life.
4. I want work out. Even if it is just 15 minutes a week. More than what I do now would be nice.
5. I want to do more of what I love and less of what is expected of me. I never take time for myself and I want to do that more.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:11 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Mari, your one word could be FOCUS. That covers everything. Focusing on relationships, focusing on your health, focusing on the marathon etc.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:22 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I'd like to get my anxiety under control
Old 12-28-2013, 12:35 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I am working on my health for 2014. I have 50 lbs to lose, need to start eating healthier, want to exercise, etc....

We just got a membership at Lifetime Fitness and I have been working out for the past two weeks. I am ready for 2014!
Old 12-28-2013, 12:39 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not really a resolution maker; I need to make changes when I'm motivated, not on a specific date. But I plan to continue losing weight (20 lbs in 2014 along with the 20 I lost in 2013 would make me very happy) and to stay on top of PL better.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:53 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My resolution is to be better with my kids (more patient basically) and their schooling (we homeschool) and to also exercise regularly. i use to exercise every day but then I hurt my knee really bad and lost all conviction to do it.

Old 12-28-2013, 08:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not a resolution maker either but this year I'm really going to try to focus on my health. I had a cancer scare the 2 weeks right before Christmas and being over 50 with a daughter who is only 13 makes me realize I need to take better care of myself. I eat quite well but I really despise exercise so that needs to be my focus. I need to take more "me" time to de-stress and enjoy life too.
Old 12-28-2013, 09:33 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't make resolutions either. I just try to do the best I can without putting pressure on myself. Life is too stressful as it is.

Old 12-28-2013, 11:10 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacinda View Post
Mari, your one word could be FOCUS. That covers everything. Focusing on relationships, focusing on your health, focusing on the marathon etc.
Thank you! That's perfect especially for someone who tends to be a little distractible.
Old 12-28-2013, 11:20 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

I never make them, but after losing 50 lbs in 2013, I do have a goal of losing another 30 and continuing to work on toning up my flabby arms
Old 12-28-2013, 11:34 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

To survive 2014.

We have a couple of big life-changing events coming up this year, and making it through them is my only resolution.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I chose a word to focus on this year and it was Family. I think I did a pretty good job at it too! I made more effort to connect and understand my family members and it's been life-changing for me because my role in my family has changed a lot in 2013. I'm definitely a key player in this 10-siblings family now

For 2014, I haven't picked any words yet, but it'll have to do with socializing more since I'm like a hermit now. Maybe 'friends'. I'll have to decide.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine are more of goals.......

1. Take my health seriously. Go to routine dr appts, eat better, exercise, drink water, ect.
2. Open my photo studio by the end of the year (hoping for fall)
3. Learn, learn and then learn some more. I want to make sure I am always learning new tricks/skills in all things I do (cooking, photography, scrapbooking, ect)
4. Plan a big family vacation
5. Focus on being a more attentive mom, wife and friend.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't, because I fail miserably. I tend to make un-obtainable goals.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

we have the usual goals....exercise more, save money, organize, slow down....
Old 12-29-2013, 02:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
*hugs*

I was going to say my resolution was "to stay sane", but that sounds so dramatic. :-)

Old 12-29-2013, 02:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
To survive 2014.

We have a couple of big life-changing events coming up this year, and making it through them is my only resolution.
Haha! This exactly! I have a baby due 1/23 and only have survival on my mind: both having the baby and surviving the transition to 3 kids.

After she comes, I look forward to reestablishing myself as a SAHM instead if a stay at home blob who somehow manages the kids. I want I get back into my cleaning routines and my exercise routines. Basically do everything that pregnancy sucks out of me. I had the word Intent awhile back, and I think that'll be where I go because I love living with intent, and that's hard to do in survival mode.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:24 PM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
You and me both!
Old 12-29-2013, 03:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I think I've selected DISCIPLINE as my OLW for 2014. I need to be better at schedules and lists.
Old 12-29-2013, 04:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am still thinking of my one word but I do know I want to slow down and just relax. I have been so on the go and over committed that I feel like I am missing out on too many things going on around me. It may be simply I need to let go....lol.
Old 12-29-2013, 07:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I am working on some goals & a OLW for the new year...short term, long term, business, personal....I'll share when I've figured it out.
Old 12-30-2013, 05:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My OLW this year is determination. I think I'll need a lot of it.

My goals are to:
-lose weight/get healthier/move more (My ultimate goal is to drop 100 lbs, but I'm looking at trying to lose 30 lbs this year). As a commitment to do that, I spent my birthday money on registering for my second 5k. I've also just started the Lysa TerKeurst Made to Crave study, which I'm LOVING.
-get my mood swings and anxiety under control. I have to learn how to drive down a highway without a panic attack, and I have to work harder at staying more middle-of-theoad with my emotions. No more unglued mommy moments! As a commitment for this, I'm making an appointment to talk to the doctor about my anxiety, and I've also purchased the Unglued Bible study (also from Lysa TerKeurst) to complete after both Made to Crave studies.
-spend more purposeful time in my relationships with my son, boyfriend, and parents/brother. As one commitment to this, I gifted my boyfriend 12 dates for 12 months that allow us to dive deeper into time together with conversation and inventive dates (for example, building a birdhouse together, or spending an evening with fondue and a book of deep questions about our personal history and future goals).
-become more organized and tidy. As a commitment to this, I've asked my boyfriend to hold me accountable and he has offered to help me organize (because he has total OCD and organizes like a pro!)

All four of those goals are attainable this year, especially with some determination, and a lot of help from others. I'm also able to measure each one (I have more detailed versions of the goals written elsewhere). I wanted to start the year with concrete plans on jump starting my year.

New Siggy Coming Soon