Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-13-2018, 02:31 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Kits that You Haven't Used

So, if you're anything like me, you have kits stored up that you "had" to have, but haven't used yet... I'm embarrassed to admit that I have a TON of them.

My goal is to start using these kits before I buy more LOL! Notice, I'm saying that before today's new releases come out!! Because I know as soon as I see them, I will buy more.

Do you have a kit that you've been holding on to for a while that you haven't used? There's no way for me to tell which is my oldest horded kit because I just recently started a "to use" folder, but, here is one I know I've had for a bit. I'm going to create a LO with it this weekend!

I challenge you to dig into your stash & use at least one! Post the kit here that you plan to use, and maybe come back & post your LO
Old 04-13-2018, 02:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I’m fairly certain i have that kit as well. I’m getting ready to put the little man to bed. But I’ll be back to check what my oldest one is that I’ve not used!
Old 04-13-2018, 02:43 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't know that I have any kits that I have purchased and not used....I don't shop much anymore and usually I buy the kit and use it the same week as I scrap.
Old 04-13-2018, 03:15 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
I’m fairly certain i have that kit as well. I’m getting ready to put the little man to bed. But I’ll be back to check what my oldest one is that I’ve not used!
I wish I had started a "to be used" folder ages ago, because I know I have kits that haven't been used!
Old 04-13-2018, 03:16 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverendingJen View Post
I don't know that I have any kits that I have purchased and not used....I don't shop much anymore and usually I buy the kit and use it the same week as I scrap.
Wow! That's definitely my goal... but I seem to "need" everything. But, then don't use it right away.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh man, I'm SO guilty of this! I've purchased a lot lately for our road trip from last summer that I haven't even used yet. Same for our Mexico vacation! ack!
I just started (maybe 6months ago) a "to-use-purchased" folder- which is stinking full! I will use one of those kits next I promise!
Old 04-13-2018, 04:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

So I just went through my 'To Be Used' folder as well as my folder of matched-up kits & photos...

and i have 419 kits in those two folders.

Um, yikes.

My scrapping has decreased by at least 50% since I started working FT four months ago so that's part of it and I have been digitally scrapping since 2003. I'm just a regular ol' scrap hoarder, too, though.

I usually end up scrapping 3-4 pages over the course of the weekend so I'l come back and post to this thread when I do.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:22 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post
So I just went through my 'To Be Used' folder as well as my folder of matched-up kits & photos...

Um, yikes.

My scrapping has decreased by at least 50% since I started working FT four months ago so that's part of it and I have been digitally scrapping since 2003. I'm just a regular ol' scrap hoarder, too, though.

I usually end up scrapping 3-4 pages over the course of the weekend so I'l come back and post to this thread when I do.
419?? wow!!
I don't think I even own that many kits. Well it does add up pretty quickly.

I don't have a "to be used" folder. Now I wish I did. I have no idea which kits haven't been used yet... I'll have to look.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have tons of kits and templates that I bought but haven't find any chance to use yet. I realize that I am exerting more money to kits (hey, not that I am not happy about it!) than to photobooks. They go together right? And last month my husband was asking me about our daughter's 5th photobook and roadtrips, asking if I will still make the 5th, 6th, and 7th photobook because I'm buying kits but the last time I had a printed photobook was early last year.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I found one by Krystal Hartley that I've had for ages for haven't had the chance to scrap with.
Is she still at the shop? I see her name in store but don't remember recent new releases from her.

I don't scrap much boy pages...

I love this kit but can't figure out how to scrap with it without having fair photos.

Old 04-13-2018, 04:51 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I am glad that the shop at least warns me against buying the same kit twice I tend to want the same kit more than once.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:54 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have a To Use Category in ACDsee that I tag all of my kits with. Sometimes I tag them with the subject, like Themed kits to use, Girl and boy kits.

When i'm organizing my photos to scrap, I always look through my kits to use stash first and see if it matches the photos, so I'll tag it along with those photos. Here's a screen shot of what I do.

Old 04-13-2018, 08:09 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
Oh man, I'm SO guilty of this! I've purchased a lot lately for our road trip from last summer that I haven't even used yet. Same for our Mexico vacation! ack!
I just started (maybe 6months ago) a "to-use-purchased" folder- which is stinking full! I will use one of those kits next I promise!
Isn't it crazy how they pile up so quickly?? LOL! I can't wait to see your LO
Old 04-13-2018, 08:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeAndra View Post

Um, yikes.

Haha! Wow 419!! Yes, I think you've hit horder status, LeeAndra! If I had started a to-be-used folder when I started buying, I might have that many...maybe it's a good thing I didn't
It's hard to keep everything going when you make big changes. I don't think I'd be scrapping much if I went back to work.

I'm excited to see your LOs!!
Old 04-13-2018, 08:14 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan37 View Post
419?? wow!!
I don't think I even own that many kits. Well it does add up pretty quickly.

I don't have a "to be used" folder. Now I wish I did. I have no idea which kits haven't been used yet... I'll have to look.
Lea, I wish I had started one sooner. I know that there are bunches already sorted into my designer files that I haven't used.

Hopefully soon you'll get to use one of the gorgeous kits you found!
Old 04-13-2018, 08:17 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinzilah View Post
I am glad that the shop at least warns me against buying the same kit twice I tend to want the same kit more than once.
I know, right?! I LOVE that about SSD. I'm ALWAYS adding things to the car that I've already owned. And then I'm like, "really?"
Old 04-13-2018, 08:41 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
I have tons of kits and templates that I bought but haven't find any chance to use yet. I realize that I am exerting more money to kits (hey, not that I am not happy about it!) than to photobooks. They go together right? And last month my husband was asking me about our daughter's 5th photobook and roadtrips, asking if I will still make the 5th, 6th, and 7th photobook because I'm buying kits but the last time I had a printed photobook was early last year.
Oh, don't even get me started on templates!! I have a preview folder that has 3,270 previews (with mostly 4 templates per preview)...I've probably only used 1 template from a couple hundred of those! I'll have templates for the rest of my life And, I keep buying them!

Quote:
zinzilahI am glad that the shop at least warns me against buying the same kit twice I tend to want the same kit more than once.
Oh.my.goodness! Right??! I can't tell you how many times I've added something to my cart only to find that I already own it

Quote:
nesser1981-I have a To Use Category in ACDsee that I tag all of my kits with. Sometimes I tag them with the subject, like Themed kits to use, Girl and boy kits.

When i'm organizing my photos to scrap, I always look through my kits to use stash first and see if it matches the photos, so I'll tag it along with those photos. Here's a screen shot of what I do.
That's a great way to organize, Vanessa! I keep saying I'm going to start organizing photos/kits in Trello, but haven't done it yet.
Old 04-14-2018, 01:48 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I think LeeAndra wins this one!

A couple years after I started scrapping, I counted up how much I was spending per month, and it was a sobering experience. So now I keep an "Unused Kit" folder, and I keep my newest downloads in my downloads folder. When I want to scrap, I check those two places first to see if I have a kit that works. Doing this has really helped me see what kind of kits I actually want to scrap with as opposed to just wanting to collect because they're so pretty.

I only have half a dozen kits I've bought and not used, but this is the one that is sort of sacred: I want to use it because it's so perfect, but I'm not sure I'm good enough to scrap with it. ; )

Old 04-14-2018, 11:19 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I find that ive bought kits and templates that I adore. But I "save " them for the perfect whatever because I love them and don't want to "waste" it. Then new release comes and before I know it ive forgotten about it. Ive made a goal that I will not buy until I've scrapped with my last purchase at least twice
Old 04-14-2018, 11:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh my...too many! I have started keeping a list (I like old fashioned paper lists I can visually check off) of kits when I download them. Than I will place a small list next to them of themes/ideas I can scrap with that kit. When I have scrapped at least 1 layout with the kit, I place a check mark next to it. It does help when I want to scrap a specific layout/photo to have an idea of what kit might fit that topic.
Old 04-14-2018, 11:43 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Try not to feel too guilty about hoarding! I've always said that digital scrapbooking is a perfect option for hoarders who don't want anyone to know they're a hoarder no one else needs to know unless they see what's on your computer
Old 04-14-2018, 12:55 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

hmm, starting a "to be used" folder now seems very necessary to me! LOL I sure do have a lot of kits I haven't used yet..
fun challenge Tammy! I am in . Will dig through my kits and use some of those I haven't scrapped with yet for my next layout .
Old 04-14-2018, 12:55 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

haha, so true Kristin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
Try not to feel too guilty about hoarding! I've always said that digital scrapbooking is a perfect option for hoarders who don't want anyone to know they're a hoarder no one else needs to know unless they see what's on your computer
Old 04-14-2018, 01:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I like to "to be used" folder idea. I have too many kits I've purchased but haven't used yet! I'm definitely a hoarder (thanks Kristin for making me feel better). My mostly "never used" kits are the SSD mega collabs or the free with purchase kits. I don't know why this happens...I always want to have them and make purchases to get the goodies but somehow I usually forget about having them.

Here's just 2 of the kits I've never used

--
Mama to Albert
Old 04-14-2018, 02:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyMilfd View Post
I find that ive bought kits and templates that I adore. But I "save " them for the perfect whatever because I love them and don't want to "waste" it. Then new release comes and before I know it ive forgotten about it. Ive made a goal that I will not buy until I've scrapped with my last purchase at least twice
I do this all the time! Sometimes I feel like the kits are "too good" for my ordinary photos and that I'll be wasting it with my crappy pics so I save it until I have better pics and then I never have better pics!
Old 04-14-2018, 02:29 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My EHD crashed in December and my CrashPlan back up didn't work. I lost a LOT of stuff- including my "Never Used Kits" folder. I'm trying to look at it as a fresh start instead of complete devastation.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
Oh my...too many! I have started keeping a list (I like old fashioned paper lists I can visually check off) of kits when I download them. Than I will place a small list next to them of themes/ideas I can scrap with that kit. When I have scrapped at least 1 layout with the kit, I place a check mark next to it. It does help when I want to scrap a specific layout/photo to have an idea of what kit might fit that topic.
Great idea, Dawn! I love old fashioned paper lists! It helps to be able to see it.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:52 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
ROFL!!! Oh, my goodness, Kristin, this is truer than I want to admit!
Old 04-15-2018, 11:53 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagi View Post
hmm, starting a "to be used" folder now seems very necessary to me! LOL I sure do have a lot of kits I haven't used yet..
fun challenge Tammy! I am in . Will dig through my kits and use some of those I haven't scrapped with yet for my next layout .
Yay! I can't wait to see it, Dagi!!
Old 04-15-2018, 11:58 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by abm234 View Post
My EHD crashed in December and my CrashPlan back up didn't work. I lost a LOT of stuff- including my "Never Used Kits" folder. I'm trying to look at it as a fresh start instead of complete devastation.
Oh, Amy!! I would be so devastated!! You have such a great attitude. Maybe you can find and download stuff from your past orders?
Old 04-15-2018, 01:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by anelia View Post
I like to "to be used" folder idea. I have too many kits I've purchased but haven't used yet! I'm definitely a hoarder (thanks Kristin for making me feel better). My mostly "never used" kits are the SSD mega collabs or the free with purchase kits. I don't know why this happens...I always want to have them and make purchases to get the goodies but somehow I usually forget about having them.

Here's just 2 of the kits I've never used

[/URL]
I love love love this kit Anelia!
Old 04-15-2018, 01:39 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I also love it, Lea. But somehow, I haven't used it yet.
--
Mama to Albert
Old 04-16-2018, 02:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The ones I have a hard time using are the kits I buy during retirement sales. I only buy ones I know I can use, but find I rarely use something after they are no longer relevant or can no longer be used for challenges (that's why I try to also only pick up retiring collabs with someone who is still in the shoppe).

The kits I haven't used are ones I bought with no idea what I will use them on (ie: the stunning christmas bundles that are released every year), and a lot of the FWP kits, because again they weren't obtained for a purpose..... I am trying hard this year to use all the kits in my stash at least once, the more I use, the less guilty I feel about my collection and the more I feel justified when I make any new purchases.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

OMG, I haven't used this one!!! It's a BIM collection and I have no idea why I haven't used it yet.

--
Mama to Albert
Old 04-16-2018, 03:24 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I have so many I haven't used!

Old 04-16-2018, 03:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I could probably not buy a kit over the next 6 months and still have enough TBU kits to scrap with.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tammybean04 View Post
I could probably not buy a kit over the next 6 months and still have enough TBU kits to scrap with.
Right??!! Me, too! But, that's never going to happen
Old 04-16-2018, 04:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I scrapped with one of my unused kit!
I'm not ecstatic about my shadowing but oh well...
Old 04-16-2018, 08:53 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

So I finally went and looked...I figured it had to be Studio Flergs since I followed her around digland for a while until she landed here at Sweet Shoppe Designs! Probably my oldest kit that I've yet to use is Wild Child, when I bought it December 2016 And the reason why I haven't used it was because I never moved Megan's folder over to the SSD folder and there were about 20 of her older products hidden from me these past few years!

All the other older products that I have are samplers, or something that I maybe more than likely wouldn't use in the first place.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by luan37 View Post
I scrapped with one of my unused kit!
I'm not ecstatic about my shadowing but oh well...
Fabulous, Lea!! I'm still working on mine... the weekend got busier than I thought it would be

Wendy, wow!! That must be like Christmas!!
Old 04-19-2018, 08:13 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

omg...I tend to think of my scrapbook stuff as a collection. LOL! I have wayyyyy more kits that I haven't used than ones I have used. I may be a hoarder.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahfig View Post
omg...I tend to think of my scrapbook stuff as a collection. LOL! I have wayyyyy more kits that I haven't used than ones I have used. I may be a hoarder.
ROFL!! I love that way of looking at it... it's a collection! It's not hoarding

BTW... I still haven't completed my page with the kit that I planned on using
Old 04-19-2018, 01:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

shhhhh, you don't need to admit that . . . . I refuse to admit I hoard. I just keep buying new hard drives! And then my father says "you keep putting more and more hard drives on your computer that you aren't going to know what to do when you don't have your computer" say what, Dad?!
Old 04-19-2018, 10:00 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

Haha!! I knew I wasn't a hoarder!! Don't worry, I haven't used that kit yet either. LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftytam View Post

Ohhh, yep! I have a collection of external hard drives! LOL! If only I was organized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neverland Scraps View Post
shhhhh, you don't need to admit that . . . . I refuse to admit I hoard. I just keep buying new hard drives! And then my father says "you keep putting more and more hard drives on your computer that you aren't going to know what to do when you don't have your computer" say what, Dad?!
Old 04-20-2018, 09:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennNtheBoys View Post
The ones I have a hard time using are the kits I buy during retirement sales. I only buy ones I know I can use, but find I rarely use something after they are no longer relevant or can no longer be used for challenges (that's why I try to also only pick up retiring collabs with someone who is still in the shoppe).

The kits I haven't used are ones I bought with no idea what I will use them on (ie: the stunning christmas bundles that are released every year), and a lot of the FWP kits, because again they weren't obtained for a purpose..... I am trying hard this year to use all the kits in my stash at least once, the more I use, the less guilty I feel about my collection and the more I feel justified when I make any new purchases.
This is me! I have a few kits from past designers who have retired, but they are mostly VERY theme specific kits that I haven't seen other designers create much of before! I love a good sale, but knowing it can't be used for a challenge, doesn't help motivate me to scrap with it! I'm trying to use more of them though, but I feel I have to force myself to do a "non challenge" layout just for me!
Old 04-20-2018, 09:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:

You can do it Tammy!!! I'll be your cheerleader! Pick one of the challenges (the font would be the easiest non theme layout to do), and pick out photos for that kit, and scrap!
Old 04-27-2018, 03:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I FINALLY used the kit I was going to use weeks ago!!
Here's my LO
Old 04-27-2018, 03:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiegirl View Post
You can do it Tammy!!! I'll be your cheerleader! Pick one of the challenges (the font would be the easiest non theme layout to do), and pick out photos for that kit, and scrap!
Thank you for the encouragement, Dawn!!
It's been a rough few weeks, so getting anything done is a major accomplishment
Old 04-27-2018, 04:55 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I FINALLY used the kit I was going to use weeks ago!!
Here's my LO
Yay Tammy!! Awesome page!
Old 04-27-2018, 05:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I feel the same