Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2013, 07:59 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Survivor 3/13 ** spoilers **

I think that meltdown was a definite first for Survivor.

I even felt bad for Phillip..I mean yes he's annoying and I'm sure gets on everyone's nerves but some people like that who are harmless you just have to say "bless his heart" and go on with your life...not cuss him out and call him awful names and make fun of him. good grief.

Brandon needs to grow up. Seriously. I was glad to see him go.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:51 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

It was so funny I couldn't stop watching! It was a definite first.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

wow. Last night was CRAZY!!!
I dont know if the "survivor" life was making Brandon go crazy, but I think it is good that he is away from the situation now. I agree with a lot of what he said about Phillip, but it didnt need to be said that way. (although it was a little bit amusing LOL)
I just kept giggling at Jeff rubbing Brandons shoulders to try to keep him calm. If Jeff wasnt there and in such good control of the situation, I am pretty sure there would have been a fist fight! My husband was pretty sure they have security around too...

Old 03-14-2013, 11:55 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I just think in real life he's unstable. His behavior on both of his seasons has been so erratic and up and down..almost bipolar. I don't think coming back was such a good idea for him.

Old 03-14-2013, 12:28 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I think Brandon is unstable too. And, I think it was best that he left the game. But, honestly, I think Phillip deserves a fair amount of the blame. He IS a jerk, he DOES walk around like he's running things, he DOES talk down to everyone, his Stealth R Us stuff is completely lame. And, he said plenty of mean things about Brandon too. A lot of what Brandon said about Phillips is true. But, Phillip doesn't cause as much angst in the tribe, and Brandon was falling apart, so it was time for Brandon to go.

I honestly felt so bad for Dawn and Andrea. It seemed like they really care about Brandon, and it was hard for them to watch him self-destruct like that.

I hope he's getting help at home.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wow, was that a show or what?? Differing opinion here...

Sorry, Brandon is a jerk. Just like his uncle. I feel no sympathy for him, but I sure do feel sympathy for his kids. I kept thinking, "and he is a father?" He is the type of person who will never regret what he just did. He will never be embarrassed and will always feel he was completely in the right.

Phillip is Phillip. It doesn't bother me if he is making up names for people and acting like he is in charge - they have ALL seen him play before and everyone else knew how to handle him except for Brandon. Phillip is fun to watch because he's an idiot. Brandon was not fun to watch because he's a time-bomb waiting to go off. And he almost did last night.

I really don't excuse anyone who is playing the game again, for not getting how to play the game. Thank goodness Jeff had a physical hold on Brandon. I was actually surprised he let him walk off by himself.

I hate it when the producers cast people JUST for the drama they will create. So I'm glad Shamar and Brandon are gone. Let's get back to strategy and challenges!
Old 03-14-2013, 03:31 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I don't disagree with you, Mary. This is just something that bothers me in real life too . . . when a situation is tense and possibly headed toward a blow up, there are usually opportunities for someone to calm things down instead of ratchet them up. And, I think Phillip exploited Brandon's immature/jerkish tendencies and made the problems worse. Instead of saying and doing things that would calm Brandon down (which some of the other tribe members tried to do), Phillip said and did things that made Brandon even more upset. And, I think he knew what he was doing. The fact that he's able to keep himself more in control makes Brandon look like the bad guy even though Phillip was manipulating a lot of the drama. I see stuff like that all the time in real life, and it really bugs me. So, I guess that's why I sympathize with Brandon a little bit. But, yeah, he needs to learn how to cope better. He's definitely not prepared for life in the "real world."

Like you said, the other tribe members knew how to deal with Phillip. But, most of them were doing fine dealing with Brandon, too. So, it's not like there's no way to work with him. The others were doing it. The problem was between Phillip and Brandon, and they both bear some responsibility. But, that's just how I see it. And, though I hate to admit it, sometimes I'm wrong. Lol.

Old 03-14-2013, 03:51 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

That was the weirdest episode of Survivor ever and yet, somehow way less dramatic than I thought it'd be, LOL! If anything it was the crazy reactions from people like Dawn that made it seem worse than it was. And Jeff massaging Brandon just creeped me out.

I definitely think Brandon is unstable but at the same time, other than getting angry and throwing all the rice and beans (which was TOTALLY uncalled for) he was actually right. Phillip was pushing his buttons about the challenge (and I think he knew it) and after the first outburst he did genuinely go up to Phillip and apologize and based off the interviews, Phillip lied to him and had no intention of accepting his apology. I'm not sad to see him go but I don't think this was only a case of crazy Brandon losing it - Phillip was very much in the wrong as well.

In other news...I am really really starting to dislike Reynold. I was SO mad when he found that 2nd idol! I pretty much wanted anyone but him to find it.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:53 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

I just got to watch it..was crazy

he's definitely unstable...Phillip I just laugh off b/c he's kind of an idiot. Brandon is just immature...

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 03-14-2013, 05:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I watched Jeff giving that back rub and said to my husband, "That's exactly what I do when I've got a 4 year old throwing a tantrum and I need them to get under control." Brandon had a tantrum. He's immature socially and emotionally. He should never have been asked to play again. Shame on CBS for exploiting him.
Old 03-14-2013, 11:13 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettio View Post
In other news...I am really really starting to dislike Reynold. I was SO mad when he found that 2nd idol! I pretty much wanted anyone but him to find it.
Yup, he's getting way too cocky for my liking...

Old 03-15-2013, 01:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I just got caught up...wow, that was crazy! Can't believe he dumped all the food, that's just messed up.