Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2017, 06:16 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default For those of you who print loose pages...

Just curious, this Persnickety sale has me thinking if I want to even continue printing loose pages or if I should stick with printing books. I have some binder-type 12x12 albums and they are just SO huge and bulky. Is there something better out there that you guys use to keep your pages? What albums do you all use?

Old 07-17-2017, 07:22 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have the same debate... I don't scrap in order, so waiting until I have a book done could be a really long (and expensive) plan. I usually print in 8x8, but even that is bulky. Of the books I've printed, which are vacation and december daily, those are the one that people actually look at.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:12 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Same here, Reba. My kids don't pull out the HUGE binder albums. They pull out the books I've gotten from Shutterfly and Blurb. But, like you... it's taking me forever to make a full album since I don't scrap chronologically.

Old 07-17-2017, 09:37 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm also thinking of the same thing. Having a couple of printed books, after years of opening and closing them, they've had folded and wrinkles on some pages, and once, my daughter have torn a page and it was really sad to look at. I've watched Persnickety's video last time and they said that page protectors protects your PL/scrapbooks properly than having them printed as a book. But of course printing them as hard bound is a different story, but it will be too expensive.
Old 07-18-2017, 09:29 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I too have been thinking what to do about this and that is why I haven't printed pages in a year or so. So I have all these great pages done but that are sitting on a hard drive :/
Old 07-19-2017, 07:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have several binder and scrapbooks with page protectors. It's too bulky and expensive, and I regret not getting those printed in books. I haven't printed my every day pages in years, but I'm thinking why not? It might be okay to not have everything chronological and might make it more interesting to look at.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:12 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I use these albums, one per year:

http://www.hobbylobby.com/Scrapbook-...lbum/p/AB51018

And I take out the posts and replace them with this:
http://www.joann.com/pioneer-snaploa...s/8074106.html

I don't scrap chronologically either, and I don't put them in the album chronologically either, just do it by year. My title page for each year includes a disclaimer that they're not in order lol

Old 07-19-2017, 09:30 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
I use these albums, one per year:

I don't scrap chronologically either, and I don't put them in the album chronologically either, just do it by year. My title page for each year includes a disclaimer that they're not in order lol
This is fantastic!!
Old 07-19-2017, 09:41 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I love that disclaimer! It's perfect.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:31 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Brook & Krista I'm pretty OCD usually but had to give up when it came to trying to get it all scrapped in order and bound books, it just doesn't work for me creatively. But I still needed the disclaimer lol

Old 07-19-2017, 08:21 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I print bound books, and I love them. I try to keep my pics to be scrapped in folders so I'm more likely to reach for them and get albums finished faster. But I still print loose pages for reflective layouts and my ongoing albums for each kid.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:23 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I print bound books too. They are so much nicer to read through and smaller to store that I'll never go back to printing individual pages.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:29 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm the opposite! I love love love my 12x12 books! My teenagers get them out all the time....they like looking at photos from when they were little. It's so cute!
Old 07-20-2017, 07:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I use the same albums as Trina although I wasn't clever enough to come up with the disclaimer!

I would like to print photobooks, esp for my specific events albums but I'm chicken that I'll make a mistake on a page (something gets cut off for example) and then the whole book will be ruined. I'm a bit obsessive when it comes to mistakes. At least with albums I can fix and reprint a loose page.
Old 07-20-2017, 03:06 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

The only bound books I've ever printed are vacation albums. I do love them, but I think printing loose page works better for me for the "everyday" stuff. I have three shelves of 12x12 scrapbooks from before I went digital, so the fact that I can now fit a year into only ONE scrapbook is awesome. It only takes one shelf to hold 2012-present. lol I use the doodlebug albums and I print several times a year. I do put them in chronological order as best I can
Old 07-20-2017, 09:39 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Until 2016, I did photobooks for vacation albums and post-bound albums with loose pages for our annual scrapbooks. In 2016 I decided to try switching to photobooks for everything. Ugh...NEVER again! I like to have my pages in chronological order, so I can't print the photobooks until I've got the entire time period done. I printed the first half of the year in the fall, but I'm still working on the second half. If I were printing loose pages, I'd have moved onto 2017 by now and would just get to those last pages whenever I got to them. But since I have to finish them before I print, I have to stick with it and can't move on.

I did Ding albums one year, and those are my least-viewed scrapbooks. They're just too big. My kids look at both the photobooks and the postbound albums, so even though I prefer the look of the photobooks I'm definitely going back to loose pages for 2017 and beyond.

Quote:

And I take out the posts and replace them with this:
http://www.joann.com/pioneer-snaploa...s/8074106.html

[/URL]
How long have you been using those? I used to love them, but the oldest albums I've used them in are now about 13 years old. (I can't remember if I put Snapload in from the beginning or replaced the posts a couple of years later, but it's been at least 10 years.) The adhesive doesn't stick at all anymore, and the plastic strips that go through the pages are stiffening up and not being held well by the pieces in the front and back of the album. It's happening to albums that are a few years newer than that, too. I've gone back to posts even though I find Snapload much easier to use. I hope you've had better luck with it than I have!
Old 07-22-2017, 03:08 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

This year I am going to try to go completely digital so that I can get everything from now on into a Photobook. Now that Mickey is a teenager, there is less traditional scrapping to do and I can just scan in anything I want to keep. I really appreciated this thread. Gave me alot to think about. Thanks! K
Old 07-23-2017, 07:08 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post

How long have you been using those? I used to love them, but the oldest albums I've used them in are now about 13 years old. (I can't remember if I put Snapload in from the beginning or replaced the posts a couple of years later, but it's been at least 10 years.) The adhesive doesn't stick at all anymore, and the plastic strips that go through the pages are stiffening up and not being held well by the pieces in the front and back of the album. It's happening to albums that are a few years newer than that, too. I've gone back to posts even though I find Snapload much easier to use. I hope you've had better luck with it than I have!

I've been using the snapload things since 99-00 I think? A few of them the plastic piece doesn't want to be gripped by the thing it goes into now but other than that I haven't had any problems!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 07-23-2017, 07:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use 8 x 8 ding albums and I handle them exactly like Krista. I just plop them in in the order I scrapped them.
Old 07-24-2017, 12:02 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I've been using the snapload things since 99-00 I think? A few of them the plastic piece doesn't want to be gripped by the thing it goes into now but other than that I haven't had any problems!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's great! I wonder why I've had so much worse luck with them.