Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2013, 01:55 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Default La and I would like to say...

Hi! How have you been? Things have been quieter around these parts and La and I are nosey creatures who want to know what's up with everyone

Come out and tell us what is new in your life - what's exciting, what sucks. Even if you post a lot or are a lurker or once posted and for some reason are too shy to come out again and post this thread is for you

soo.. How you doin'
Old 10-26-2013, 01:58 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

Yes. I need details, mostly so I can ignore the limbo my life is in ^__^

Right now, BF is considering a job that will keep him flying 8 days/home 6 days. It'd be an adjustment, but I'm used to our lives being a bit unpredictable. I made my layout this morning about being grateful for the time we do have.. And goodness, I am thankful for the technology that allows me to be connected to him even if he's across the country for a week :]
Old 10-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I noticed it was quiet, too. I always say, nothing is new. lol I am happy that my unit is back home from Afghanistan, that was a long time without them. It's nice having my friends home, I missed them. I have been going out a bit celebrating their return. I was supposed to go to Pink this weekend, but she rescheduled (for the night of my work Christmas party). I do feel like nothing new ever happens around here though.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I just got back from vacation today is a halloween party with my scrappy friends here. Just trying to keep busy and keep my mind from upcoming deployments.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:49 PM
you're like stars

profile gallery send pm

I'm glad your friends are back mari!! Where'd you go on vacation jennifer?

I also failed to mention there is a giant GIANT moutain of laundry sitting directly in front of methat needs folding that I'm ignoring thrilling life over here. haha.
Old 10-26-2013, 02:53 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So...my first child just started kindergarten in Sept right? So theoretically, I should have a free pass to just be an observer on school activities this first year. BUT NO. I got roped into helping with the schools mega massive auction fundraiser and it's consumed my weekend free time so far. Thankfully, said auction was today and I didn't volunteer for auction day so I went for the silent auction and left my hubby there for the live auction so I could veg at home for a couple hours.

But I'm usually so antisocial and this has taken a lot out of me.

siggy by the incredibly amazing Jacinda
Old 10-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was in Chicago for a family wedding met Laura and Sara while I was there too!
Old 10-26-2013, 02:57 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We went through a big move and big changes over the summer so I feel like our family is settling in now. Feeling excited about things that are happening for us. But I was just telling my hubby this week that I'm missing some of my former scrapping connections. Used to scrap for a couple of other families (which I stopped doing this year knowing it would be very busy with a move) and used to be on a creative team (the designer decided to step back from designing as much earlier in the year) and 8 months later I'm just missing the personal team connection I had with scrapping. I still love doing my family pages, don't get me wrong. But I keep thinking "ok, what else can I do to keep it exciting?" I've been lurking around the forum and gallery here a lot more for sure So thanks for everyone who posts. Still feeling like a "newbie" around here even though I've bought from the store a long time. But love seeing what all of you create!!

So anyway, that's me... livin' life and feeling blessed overall.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:12 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I was on vacation last week, so this week was spent digging out from under the pile of papers at work. I scrapped for CT layouts AND about my trip this week. I'm getting geared up for next weeks layouts now. We've decided where we are going to spend Thanksgiving this year which is always a feat to get everyone to agree on it, so that's good. Pretty quiet here, and that's okay with me. The holidays and the busyness that surrounds them are just around the corner.
Old 10-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to SmallMoments

I'm lamenting my fall break already... we were home all week last week and it was wonderful. Back to work Monday, with my first evaluation on Wednesday.

Looking forward to Thanksgiving break!
Old 10-26-2013, 05:21 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Wes and I are finally getting over the respiratory infections we had, so that is awesome. The temperature has dropped below 85 degrees finally and that makes me super happy. I still have about 1500 pics to sort from our recent travels, but that's always fun stuff. The government is back up and running so I can finally finish my part of the contract and be a schlep again for awhile. hehe I did start a PT job out of the house just to get me out a few days a week, though. That's kinda fun and will keep me from being too schleppy. Life is good. No complaints this week. hehe
Old 10-26-2013, 05:50 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

the biggest exciting news here is Peyton made it a FULL 5 DAYS (in the same week) with no real struggles at school! It is the 1st time in over a year that it has happened!!!! So I treated him to McDonald's the costume store (he is gonna be a red ninja) and then a new pair of Spiderman tennis shoes.....he was super excited!!!!!
Old 10-26-2013, 06:06 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Today was the first Saturday in FOREVER where I actually had nothing on my calendar . . . no appointments, no soccer games, no activities. It was so exciting!! I did grocery shopping this morning, and after getting lunch for the kids and putting Kaylin down for her nap, I went "off duty" and have gotten a few scrappy things taken care of. I'm hoping to scrap a bit more over the next day or so, and I know this next week will be full of scrapping . . . getting ready for DSD. I've decided that it's okay if the laundry just sits for a while.

Also coming up this week, I have lunch with my BFF from high school. My birthday was a month ago, and hers is coming up in a few weeks, so we decided it was time to get together and catch up. I'm looking forward to it.

My life is pretty boring, and I like it that way.

Old 10-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

oh my. all my sweetie pets had some gastroenterological stuff going on today and it was pure horror in the morning with lots of sanitizing :-/ my poor dog still has it and is separated in the bathroom.
the whole day went just like that. it could have been a happy saturday and for me it wasn't as bad but for dh, who had a whole week of trouble at work... well. he was a tad bit devastated.

at least we had some snuggle time in the afternoon, when everything was quiet and clean :-D
Old 10-26-2013, 06:23 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

my life has been amazingly funfunfun lately... as in :

happyhappyjoyjoy!!
Old 10-26-2013, 06:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

For me.........Stepped out in September to be a professional photographer. My life has been a crazy blur of putting together my portfolio pictures from the last couple of years, building a website, setting up an online store, doing sessions and editing...........basically just CRAZY busy. That on top of owning a martial arts school with my hubby, being on CT and Babe here and my normal mom/wife duties! I am struggling with balancing it all and finding my groove. Slowly but surely getting there. Very exciting but very busy.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Let's see, just hit 3rd trimester. Last week was the children's program in church that I was in charge of so I had to make lots of phone calls (which I hate) and last minute changes. Then this week I've been making Halloween costumes and preparing for our Halloween party hug was last night. Oh, and I had to do a bunch of vinyl cutting for a church thing today. I'm ready for life to slow down soon. Hopefully our upcoming vacation can help me slow down even if it's a boatload of driving.
Old 10-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to pewtertm

Been dealing with computer-not-working issues. Got a new one to be delivered in early November.

Other than that...working 2 book fairs. Enjoying the church fall festival. And getting ready for Rachel's 8th birthday party tomorrow. I'm ready for November when life should slow down a bit!
Old 10-26-2013, 08:27 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

It has been quiet in the forums lately! Nice to hear from everyone again.

I always expect things to be less busy in the fall because the kids are finally back in school, but it always ends up being one of our busiest times of year. My brother got married 2 weeks ago. The wedding was beautiful, but between the trip itself, making sure all of us had clothes, and some bridesmaid duties the whole thing took more of my free time than I was expecting. DH is a federal government employee, but even though 95% of his agency was furloughed during the shutdown he had to keep working. So he took a long weekend this week to give both of us a break. My oldest turned 10 years old a few days before the wedding, and last week I was busy helping with a few fall and Halloween activities at the kids' schools. I *think* things will finally slow down now, at least until around Thanksgiving.

Scrap-wise, I've spent the last 2 weeks trying to catch up on Project Life (I'm still WAY behind) and making a vacation album for a trip we took with my family this summer.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Nothing new and exciting here. We are transitioning from soccer season to basketball season for Cheyanne and that brings on our busiest time of year until April - 2 teams=7 practices a week (2 on some nights) and 3 games a week Good thing I love basketball!

Work is pretty crazy too so I've been working 6-7 days a week up to 14 hours a day. I can't complain too much since I get to do it from home but man I'm getting tired! I'm planning on taking Monday off because I have my annual physical (yipee) and I need to run the errands that have been piling up the past 2 weeks.

I'm also head of the donations committee for the 8th grade parents to raise money for their annual white water rafting trip, graduation, and class night, so I've been calling and knocking on the doors of local businesses for donations for our Longaberger basket bingo and calendar raffle. Fun and exciting times are ahead
Old 10-27-2013, 10:37 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Sandy, I graduated from WT. It's a great school and Canyon is a wonderful little town.

We've been soooooo busy with corn harvest. Yesterday was short day and I was on the tractor for a full 12 hours. My SIL is driving for me today since I have an engagement shoot to photograph. I haven't been home for anything other than sleep in eight days though. I tired and behind on everything! But we are half way done. The end will eventually arrive.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:34 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Well my husband finally got home for good this month, so that's been a getting use to thing. Trying to get through all the townhall meetings and FRG meetings, sports are in full swing as is school. Then you have Halloween. My MIL was in town this weekend(we just dropped her off at the airport 30 mins ago). Plus all my lovely CT's! Its been fun!
Old 10-27-2013, 11:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm hoping for a calm week this week. After the past two weeks, I think I'm due. First our daughter got sick and spiked a 104 fever, then our dog got sick. We took them both to the doctor. Daughter had an infection of her lymph nodes and the dog had Parvo. So, anitbiotics all around. Dog spent two night at the vet's office and, thankfully, came home almost all better; they were worried she might not come home at all. The daughter spent three days at home and finally went back to school when her fever went away.

Fast forward to the next week, daughter comes home with a note that she had to see the nurse for a rash on her arm. Took her sweater off to see that it wasn't just on one arm but all over her body and there were hives, loaded her up on Benadryl; took her back to the doctor to find out she has a penicillin allergy. So, steroids, Benadryl and oatmeal baths for a couple days before she can go back to school without trying to claw her skin off. She goes back, still on the steroids, and gets in trouble for the first time ever. Kinda forgot to warn her teacher that she was on them and that they affected her in a not-so-great way. I have a parent-teacher meeting about her on Monday morning. That'll be fun.

I just want to go back to juggling football, homework, housework, visiting elderly relatives and doing preschool with a 4 year old. You know, "normal."

And, wow, I think that's the most I've written in the forum in over a year, all in one post.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:02 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

Ferrying children to football practice & running team have been eating up my days after work. But both should be over after this week.

And I have been sick with some sort of intestinal bug that appeared just as I was going of a 10 day antibiotic treatment, which I blame for the bug. Every time I take some penicillin or other type antibiotic I get a yeast infection during it and then my intestines rebel. Even when I stuff myself with probiotics. So I am waiting that out.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:39 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We are trying to get an early start to the holiday chaos around here...plus a trip to Disneyland!!

Old 10-27-2013, 08:41 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I let myself get hit with a crazy stick and decided to make all three of my girls' Halloween costumes. All I did last week was sew. It was rough...but I pulled it off and I'm really proud of myself. I literally finished with 45 minutes to spare before their party on Friday night. Some of my inlaws pulled in the driveway right after I finished and stayed for the weekend. We had lots of fun but now I'm exhausted!

My goal this week is to scrap a lot. This coming weekend is already promising to be amazing so I want to get as much as possible scrapped.

Old 10-28-2013, 09:38 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

Let's see.
I just want to enroll my son in military school. My son got his license, and my husband, who overly indulges him, decided he had to have a new car, which he totaled one month to the date we bought it-- by hitting a house and taking out the concrete foundation of an add-on. Luckily, he just had a scratch and a concussion from the airbag, and the house was old and abandoned. My husband proceeded to get him another new car, which he dented last night!! Plus he went from straight A's to all B's (AP classes that I didn't think he was ready for) with the exception of an AP Stats class (which he doesn't need to study for) because he refuses to study, period, and he is taking college classes, he has one A in Calc and goodness knows what he has in Chemistry since it is self-paced (he has A's in everything he has finished), so I am panicking. He is a very bright, very young 16 year old!!

On top of that, I have a 90 year old father who goes from stable to almost dying in a 24 hour period--- 5 times since February-- every single time due to medical mistakes, negligence, and gross negligence!!!!

Oh, yeah, did I mention that my husband is spending a lot of time in Africa and Iraq? (I would love to go to Morocco with him in December or January, but finding 24 hour care for Dad and my son may be difficult. And I am not taking my son-- love him to pieces, but with his attitude, I would be ready to come home 10 minutes after we landed. LOL!)

So it has been stressful at best.

Last edited by disneyaddict; 10-28-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:44 AM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

I've had an...interesting...couple of weeks. The Saturday of Columbus day weekend, I woke up to my left ear feeling full and popped. It was still like that on Tuesday so I went to the doctor and was diagnosed with a sinus infection and give a 5 day z-pak. I finished that and although most of the symptoms from the sinus infection were gone (pain, pressure, fever), my ear was no better so back to the doctor I went. She though there was a fluid build up in my ear and referred me to an ENT who'd be able to drain it. I went to that appointment last Wednesday. The good news...there was no fluid to drain. The bad news...I've got hearing loss in lowest three pitches of sound in my left ear. He think it may be caused by a virus so I'm take a steroid (Prednisone) for 10 days. The fullness and popping in my ear are much improved but the hearing still isn't. I go back in a couple of weeks to redo the hearing test and, if there's still a problem, discuss what the next steps are. Fun times.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:06 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Youngest DD is almost done with volleyball for the fall season, thankfully. Eldest dd is pretty much never home and busy with college and friends. Middle dd is an enormous PITA lately with grades, attitude, homework, chores, you name it. I actually made DH deal with it because I am completely at my breaking point with her

Dh and I are doing the best we have been in years and are so close and connected and I LOVE it

I finally sat down to do some quilting again yesterday and that felt goo!

Oh and this weekend I got to see Star again and this time she brought along Kate Coleman, and I was so thrilled to finally meet her. She is even sweeter in person and oh so huggable!
Old 10-28-2013, 11:29 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well I've just been riding my magical rainbow unicorn around the universe saving folks from death ray having hipster pugs. You know. Just the usual.

march challenge tracker | find me on instagram and pinterest | she/her