Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 03-07-2017, 07:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default Help Me With My Face

So I know some of you saw my post over on FB asking for skin care routine help. But then I got about 212 PMs wanting to sell me Mary Kay, R+F, Arbonne, etc. Which is great--I'm all for working your own business! But I need a bit more info from people who actually have a skin care routine in place.

Here's what my post said:
Skin care routine...someone tell me what to do. I'm realizing that I'm not getting younger and I need to actually take care of my face. Please share your skin routine and products with me. I need help.

Can you guys help me out?

Old 03-07-2017, 07:46 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I need a new, great skin care regime also!! I have heard great things about R+F and want to learn more about it but don't want to spend $$$$$.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:02 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I use Kiehl's products and, if anyone knows me, I am super simple on face care. I don't like having lots of products and taking too long to apply face care.

I use their 'Ultra facial cleanser' and 'Ultra facial cream' daily. Every now and then, I'll use 'Rare Earth deep pore daily cleanser' to scrub my face.
For a weekly masker, I use my friend's handmade Australian product - Charlotte's Lab. If you want more info on her stuffs, I can PM you the store link. I am not sure it's okay or not to post the link here.

Last edited by nietis; 03-07-2017 at 09:04 PM.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:19 PM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to danagirl82

I am a MUA and have been for over 11 years. I use soap and water or just water to wipe my face clean and Nerium lotion day and night. My face stays pretty clear with it. Prior to using it I got a lot of hormonal breakouts and cystic acne.

That said, diet has a huge part in skin. Are you getting enough water? Do you eat any processed foods. (They can make you break out! You can be intolerant and they can make your hormones imbalanced.) Have you had acne for a while or is this new?
Old 03-08-2017, 03:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by danagirl82 View Post

That said, diet has a huge part in skin. Are you getting enough water? Do you eat any processed foods. (They can make you break out! You can be intolerant and they can make your hormones imbalanced.) Have you had acne for a while or is this new?
I'm not having any acne, thankfully. I'm just starting to notice some fine lines and dullness and I want to get on top of it. I want that baby smooth, bright skin I had at 18. I do well with water intake and okkkkkk-ish with diet, but it could def be better!

For your amusement, here's a little chart I'm working on. I overthink it all...

Last edited by Jennifer; 03-08-2017 at 03:49 AM.
Old 03-08-2017, 07:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not much help... I'm almost 55 and I don't do much except a cheap moisturizer with an SPF in the morning. I don't wear makeup every day (maybe once a week if that). My best defense IMO has been eating a plant based diet for years - it takes care of your skin from the inside out instead of with chemicals I just had someone the other day tell me that they were shocked to learn I was over 50... they thought I was more like 43 LOL
Old 03-08-2017, 10:13 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I barely use any skin care products... I wash my face with a Norwex washcloth and water. Ever since I started doing that my skin is brighter and feels squeaky clean. And no irritation from harsh cleansers. We live in Florida, so I don't often need moisture, but what lotions I have come from Whole Foods... I buy organic with simple ingredients and try to avoid any products full of chemicals. It's working for me so far. I honestly feel like expensive products are a waste of money. You can do honey facials, sugar scrubs, organic ACV with the mother as a toner, etc.

Old 03-08-2017, 10:50 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use just a basic cleanser and toner, and make sure to exfoliate well. I have very sensitive skin, so I can only use a few brands of moisturizer. I make sure to moisturize daily as I don't wear makeup all the time. I need to be better about it too though as I'm seeing my skin change as I age and I hate it.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:46 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to ask myself the same question a few years ago and after an extensive research, I decided I didn't need that much and decided to trust women who shared their positive experience. What got me the most was one review on amazon from a lady who said she'd been using that Estee Lauder cream for the last 50 years and no one would guess her age. Then I remembered that one friend of my mom's who has an amazing skin at the age of 60+.

So, here's what I decided to use for my daily routine:

Estee Lauder Daywear cream

Then, there's this serum which you apply at night before going to bed but because it's very pricey, I don't use it that often.

What I use daily (or nightly? because I apply it before going to bed) is some cheap drug store argon oil cream and I added avocado oil to it. It became very very oily but I find it perfect for the night. When I wake up in the morning, my skin looks and feels very refreshed.

I remove my make up and clear my skin with Bioderma Sensibio - sensitive skin cleansing make-up removing water. I don't really have sensitive skin but I use it just because I like it better than the others. It's wonderful!

That's about it I wash my face with Vichy normaderm 3 in 1 mask

Hope you find what works best for you
--
Mama to Albert
Old 03-08-2017, 07:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thanks you guys! You're all awesome!

Old 03-09-2017, 01:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

So you know I'm a R+F consultant so I'm a bit biased but from your concerns with dullness - I would look at the Reverse line (I think it's the Lightening one). Step 3 has two tubes that you mix together - one of those tubes has retinol with helps with wrinkles. So you are basically killing 2 birds with 1 stone. Woot!

Sorry you got bombarded by all your friends! That can be irritating! Good luck figuring out what you want to use. If you have any questions about R+F - let me know!

Old 03-09-2017, 11:44 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't use a lot either. I tend to think simpler is better from a routine standpoint. A very simple cream cleanser, followed by a spf kinda moisturizer with some anti-oxidants in it and maybe something like a serum for night time. I use a mix of things and honestly think the drug store stuff (Olay, Neutrogena, etc) is as good as the really expensive stuff.