Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Default Project Lifers, P365ers, P52ers and P12ers... check in!!!!!

We're halfway through the year!!!

How's it going?
Have you made any changes?
Still excited about the project?
Any thoughts for next year, do you plan on doing it again, something different or take a break?
What have you liked so far, what haven't you liked?
Old 07-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I never started Project Life (or any of the other P's) because I'm not good at staying motivated through those types of projects... but I just wanted to say how impressed I am at how you've been keeping up, Heather! I keep seeing your amazing pages... I'm just in awe that you are sticking with it and doing so well. I've also noticed Marla keeping up with her weekly pages, too. Awesome stuff. I wish I could stick with something like that... it would be fun!

Old 07-09-2012, 02:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How's it going?

Ugh. I almost don't want to tell you, because the guilt is finally here... I was optimistic for so long! But I am now months behind. I just started the first week of April. Do not tell me today's date. I'm in denial.

I do have notes for every day of the year through last Wed. So, at least I have my notes. I can do this! I must do it before we get into the holidays... oh. my. geeeeee!

No, I don't think so. I would like to simplify things just to freaking get it done! But I really love the uniformity of my book... so my perfectionism is at play... sigh.

But as I've done more pages, I think things have gotten easier/faster as I've developed a rhythm and pattern. I know what I need to do. I don't experiment so much anymore.

Yes! I LOVE the 16-some two page spreads I've made! This is my most successful scrapping project to date. Real life (work!) has just gotten in the way.

Any thoughts for next year, do you plan on doing it again, something different or take a break?

Yes, I want to scrap this way for the rest of my life! It is truly my kind of scrapbooking--it's what I've been looking for for all these years.

I love that I'm scrapping so close to the moment--something I never did before. Those of you who are digi probably already enjoy this but I'm not used to it. I love the way I have a uniform "look" to my pages--so I don't have to over-think it.

I don't like that I have set myself up with a system that requires a good 4-6 hours for a two-page spread. It means I HAVE to try to make time for this EVERY week. My life can't handle more things that have strings attached... or we ain't going to be having dinner in this house anymore.

Old 07-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

How's it going?
Ummm...I haven't worked on it since I came to your house in April...other than to put some stickies on pockets saying what I want to go in there.
Nope...I started with a very loose approach with the idea I'd see what happens...a monthly header and then whatever follows follows, whether it be 1 page or 20.
Yes, I really am. I'm just going to start with now, and fill in the last few months as best I can when I have time.
I'm hoping this becomes a forever scrapbooking thing for me. I still have high hopes that I can make it work.
I hate that I don't have a good space to just leave my book out and open..I think that would make a huge difference in how much I am able to get done. I do love using the page protectors and doing it hybrid style so I can slip in bits of papers and such that I collect.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:42 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

thanks Brook

Nicole, who says we can't have cereal for dinner every day for a week

How's it going?
I'm doing Project Life and it's the only project I've ever been successful in doing, P365, P52, just didn't work for me, but I love the freedom of Project Life and am loving my pages

yes, definitely not putting as much into them as I was in the beginning and have simplified it quite a bit, but still sticking to Project Life and doing them weekly

totally, I love it more than my regular layouts (did I just say that out loud? ) seriously though, I find I'm doing a lot more AAM, scrap therapy pages now that I'm doing Project Life which I totally needed to do too

totally going to be doing this every year... I LOVE Project Life!!! Totally NOT going to do hybrid like I was thinking about doing and will just continue to do digital

I LOVE that I'm recording more of the everyday events vs. just the big themey things like birthdays and holidays... I loved how I've streamlined and simplified it quite a bit... I'm not normally a clean and simple person but I'm really liking the look of them when they're streamlined and clean... and I can't wait to have these printed out in a photobook every year!!!
Old 07-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Tracyfish Send a message via Yahoo to Tracyfish

Still on track for the most part (working on last week's today). Being gone on the weekends makes it a little tougher, but I'm still keeping up.

I started out with more printed journal cards that I wrote on myself and printed more elements to cut and paste onto cards or pics. Now...it's mostly digital just printed and put in the page protectors...but...it's working for me and keeping me on track so I am fine with it.

I'm still excited about it and love that L.J. loves to just sit and look through it every once in a while.

I'm not sure about next year yet. I love this format, but doing weekly P365 digital layouts was soooo much easier for me. Still undecided.

Old 07-09-2012, 03:13 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

How's it going?
Well, since the last check in - at the same point - two pages done... haha. I have kept up with the photos and have notes... just not that great at getting it scrapped. I've started working on 2011 P365 so I can get those photos off my hard drive - running out of space.

not taking as many photos of everyday life with Project Life as I did with P365... I may have missed one or two days last year... and here I'm missing 3 or 4 days a month, not sure how I feel about that...

This is my six year of project of tracking somewhat our lives for a year... so yes, still excited - just need to find time to actually scrap the pages.

taking a photo every day is pretty much habit now... but I think I'll go more to a P365... I'm finding that less intimating than project life.

As I mentioned, I'm finding project life a bit intimating and not sure where to jump in... might feel different when I get more than two pages scrapped... hahaha
Old 07-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How's it going?
Great! I find it really easy to remember to take a picture every day and actually look forward to making my weekly pages. I've only gotten behind a week or two a couple of times.

I actually just changed the format of my pages for week 27. I've been using Cindy's Super 7 templates for the last year and a half. They worked great, but I was tired of the format. I'm now using Traci's slip ins. (Thank you to Nicole and Jenn for convincing me in chat last week to just switch now and not wait for next year!) I like that I can put more pictures in for each day if I have extra and this feels more creative to me.

Still excited about the project? Yes, I did Project 365 last year too and being able to look through the completed album is really inspiring and fun. I want to have the daily documentation.

Any thoughts for next year, do you plan on doing it again, something different or take a break? I will probably continue with a Project Life digital style album.

I just love being able to look back at all my pages. They are so fun and really capture our lives.
Old 07-09-2012, 03:28 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

I haven't put together any pages since Week 13. Well, Week 13 is done. Weeks 14 and 15 have photos but nothing else. I think I'm a PL failure. I'm so far behind now that I don't have much motivation to try to catch up. I'm having a hard enough time keeping up with my other scrapping - especially with the busy summer we've been having.

Not sure what I'll do next year, but I'm probably going to take a break from PL, P365, and anything else like that. I do have a little book that I write in everyday (one of those 5-year journaling thingies). I really like that I'm doing that, and capturing the smaller moments of each day. But, actually making layouts is too time consuming and stressful for me.

Heather, I continue to be amazed by how well you're keeping up with this project. Your pages are amazing, and I want to be like you when I grow up.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

How's it going?
Ok- I am really behind. I love adding tons of little details, so it takes me forever to do a two pager... that being said, I still love it. I love seeing my pages all together, and the story that it tells! I skip over some weeks, knowing I will go back to them. It is ok, not ideal of course, but I am doing what I can do.

I am still doing it like I started... very detailed, and I keep a daily list of things we have done, and take photos most days, not everyday, but I am ok with that. I figure as long as I have notes and some pictures for every week, I will be able to go back and get the pages done.

YES! I love seeing it all come together. I love being able to document the basics. I love the uniform format.

I think I will still try to do the same for next year.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to Stacey42 Send a message via Yahoo to Stacey42

How's it going?
It's going well. I take a photo a day & have managed to cover all the topics every month as well. I'd hoped to start assembling the topic pages by now but haven't gotten to it

I edited down to 12 topics from 17. 5 of them were too tricky to get every month

Yes. This is my 4th P365 and I still love doing it

I'll do it again but I think I will do it all with my phone next year. I have used my phone about a third of the time this year

As always I have a heck of a time keeping up with the editing. I am currently 3 weeks out with the editing. It's hard finding the time to edit more frequently & it bugs me to be that far behind
Old 07-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm still on the first week of April too but I'm not too worried -- I've been several months behind before (I did PL last year too) and caught up. Don't give up girls! My method for catching up is just to print out basically all the photos for the weeks that I'm behind. I don't bother trying to pick and choose or digitally embellish them -- just print them. When I have the photos in hand, I just start fitting them into the week where they belong. It's not as fancy as when I'm caught up and working on it every week (when I am much more choosy about what I print and add dates the photos, etc), but it's a fast way to get caught up if you use the "paper" version of PL.

I haven't really changed the way I do PL except that I've slacked off a bit more this year so my album won't be quite as elaborate as last year. I have considered doing it digitally next year but one thing I love about PL is being able to add "real" stuff from our lives -- ticket stubs, notes and drawing from the kids, etc. I think it'd be too complicated for me to figure out how to add that stuff digitally.

I am still excited about PL and LOVE when the pages come together -- it always looks great, even if weeks where I don't put as much effort in. I will probably continue on for next year because I thing it's a great way to really capture what our lives are like day-by-day.

Last edited by DawnMarch; 07-09-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How's it going? I'm doing Project365 for the 3rd year and it's going okay. I'm about 2 1/2 months behind on my layouts though.

Nope!

Mostly, yes. I find myself thinking about what I will be taking my picture of as soon as I wake up and start having anxiety if there is nothing planned for the day. LOL

I don't think I'll be doing it again, but you never know!

I like taking a picture each day so I can look back and know what day something happened on as well as saying "On this day 3 years ago, we did this (or they looked like this)."Scrapping a page per week isn't thrilling me anymore, especially since I'm not scrapping like I used to.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

HELP!

what should I do....

I stopped in June... not on purpose but just lost my oomph and now I am kicking myself. I am debating picking it back up and simply noting in the book some of the things that happened and how I lost steam and then keep going? Would that be awful?
Old 07-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

*waves hand* I haven't shared many of my pages, but I only have two more layouts to finish for the first half of the year. Last week I switched to the full paper verison of PL and I regret not doing it sooner. I love it. It's the perfect match between paper and digi layouts.
Old 07-09-2012, 07:46 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

No, I don't think it would be awful, you're documenting what happened during that month... maybe it's something you can go back to and fill in a bit more... when I get behind, I usually work backwards and do the most recent week first to help get me motivated to fill in the other weeks
Old 07-09-2012, 08:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've been doing PL, the traditional version. I like it, but I find myself using more and more digital elements. I don't want to switch to all digital for the reasons Dawn mentioned, so I think I will stick with the page protectors and just print everything out to slip in. The most irritating part for me is trimming everything. Of course, the 3x4 cards don't match up exactly and I end up trimming again because I'm anal. Lol. So, I think once I am out of the protectors with the 3x4 slots, I will just use the protectors with all 4x6 slots. If I want 3x4, I can still include those on a 4x6 print that doesn't need to be trimmed! I am definitely loving the flexibility of PL and that you can use it in whatever way makes sense to you
Old 07-10-2012, 12:54 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm doing P365 for the third year in a row now and still enjoying it. I'm using Cindy's Super Seven templates, fill them with photos and journalling as I go and then I come back to them (usually a couple of weeks later) and add papers, embellishments etc.

I'm going to start workign out of home in fall, so I'll see how it's going then, I think it may be more difficult to take a photo a day. But I love some sort of recording our day-to-day life, so I think for the next year I'll probably go more Project Life style. I'd like this year to have the same format, but if I should get stressed about taking photos every day, I just switch to PL sooner.
Old 07-10-2012, 06:55 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

How's it going? it's going.....I am doing a combination of P365/P52...I journal everyday, but my pictures for the week are random ...they could be from a 1 day event such as a birthday or holiday or they are just my favorite random pics of the week...I like the stress of NOT having to take a picture a day...I have up until week 25 with my journal on the pages and week 22 with my pictures I just need to embellish alot of them, but that won't take long
Have you made any changes? yep...using Traci's templates with slip ins ONLY so I HAVE to make my pictures fit and that keeps me from spending hours decided which template I want to use!
Still excited about the project? yep
Any thoughts for next year, do you plan on doing it again, something different or take a break? plan on doing it the same way next year with different templates
What have you liked so far, what haven't you liked? I pretty much love everything about it, but I have to be in the "mood" to actually scrap the photos or I end up ot liking my pages
Old 07-10-2012, 07:05 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

How's it going? Great finished week 27 today.
Have you made any changes? Not really - still really photo heavy - thinking about going back through and hiding the page protector layers.
Still excited about the project? Yes I take more photos because of it.
Any thoughts for next year, do you plan on doing it again, something different or take a break? not sure if i'll do it next year. we'll see.
What have you liked so far, what haven't you liked? loved that i've taken more photos - i've documented more of the day to day. feeling the pressure to keep up has been the hardest - that and i want more premade 4x6 title cards. lol!