Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Sweet Shoppe Challenges > Choose Your Own Adventure in Scrapbooking
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2024, 11:40 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Our Take Tuesday Volume 2: April 9

Happy Tuesday, Everyone!

I hope you're enjoying this month's challenges! I'm here with week two of Our Take Tuesday inspiration.

First up, we have PRD Blog Challenge - July 22 - Inspired by Art
The challenge was to create a layout from an art piece. Take the color, the pattern, the shapes, the style, it doesn't matter what inspires you. If possible, show us the art piece that inspired you with a link to an image of it online. Let's have a look at some amazing sugarbabe inspiration:

Angie's inspiration:
Suspended in Bloom by Stella Chang:

And her layout:

Angie says she was inspired by the watercolor treatment of the image and the way the hair blows away, turning into a flower.

Carrie's Inspiration:

Carrie's layout:

Carrie says she was inspired by the colors and all of the florals and greenery

Sheri's inspiration:

Sheri's layout:

Sheri says she was inspired by color palette and geometric shapes in this Picasso.

What a fun challenge to be as free and creative as you want to be! I can't wait to see the pages you create.

Next up:
Scrap It Summer: Weekend Getaway #1
I remember participating in this set of challenges and they were so fun and open to interpretation. Let's see some sugarbabe pages:

Rebecca used the Costa Rica prompt and used a "jungle" of greenery on her page.

Krista used the Lake Tahoe prompt to create an obvious horizontal line on her page.

[/url]
Mary used the Hawaii prompt to create a page that says "Hello" or "Welcome" in her native language.

And finally, the Flashback category. I love seeing these older trends making a comeback in fun, new ways!

Flashback: Stamped Alphabet Titles

Flashback: Flairs

That's it for this week's edition of Our Take Tuesday! I hope these fabulous examples help inspire your creations this week!

Let's see what you've got!

Last edited by HeatherH; 04-06-2024 at 11:05 AM.