Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 06-20-2014, 06:11 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm
Default Where do you get your 12x12s printed?

I have been some what happily using scrappingsimply.com for 12x12 prints (they are 1.99 and fast to ship) BUT their website does not like my computer. I am constantly struggling to get certain pages to upload. For example, I uploaded 26 layouts and 3 of them will not load. I renamed the files and tried again. Nothing. Then I took the pages and made them into a new file and renamed them again. Still nothing.

They have flat rate shipping (5 bucks) and I don't want to just print the ones that loaded and not the other 3, plus this happens ALLLLL the time. Once a week they run a special and it will expire tomorrow so I want to get my order in so I can use the special but I want all my pages! Plus you know the pages that won't load are the ones I want to see in person the most.

So... aside from scrapping simply does anyone have a good recommendation on where to get 12x12 pages printed? Also, if this is not ok to post can you please PM me where you go.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:50 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i always use persnickety prints and have been really happy with them i've used scrapping simply as well, and had no major issues, but overall i'm happier with persnickety.

creating for:
the lilypad / sahlin studio
Old 06-20-2014, 08:06 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I usually use Persnickety and have been very happy with them.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:14 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

thanks! I also stumbled across a place called sbtoshare They have good prices (1.50 for paper and 2.00 for card stock) not sure what that means, I am assuming it means regular means light weight photo paper but emailed them to get more details.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm a photographer and I'm happy with my Persnickety prints. Or I print my own, but its so nice to not mess with changing ink and such so I wait for Persnickety to have a sale.
Old 06-21-2014, 02:09 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

I've used sbtoshare a couple of years ago. I was happy with the prints, but they couldn't print full-bleed in 12x12...there was a white border (about 1/4 inch) around the edge. Look under their FAQs & there is a link that explains it under the 2nd question.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:02 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

It looks like they offer both now, the one with the border and also a full bleed borderless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by max-1219 View Post
I've used sbtoshare a couple of years ago. I was happy with the prints, but they couldn't print full-bleed in 12x12...there was a white border (about 1/4 inch) around the edge. Look under their FAQs & there is a link that explains it under the 2nd question.
Old 06-21-2014, 08:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I use Scrapping Simply a ton. I did have the same issue with pages not loading. I called them and got some help on the issue. It is a very simple solution. Are you on photoshop? You just have to save your JPEGs at quality of 11 instead of 12. They assured me that this does nothing to the print quality because the printer has a maxed out level of print quality and changing from 11 to 12 does nothing. That is what they say. Anyways, basically your files aren't loading because they are too big. Their program automatically increases the file size and that is the problem. I would encourage you to call them so they know other customers are having issues and that they are potentially losing business. They seem like a great mom and pop type place that would want to know. My experiences with them have always been good
Old 06-21-2014, 09:13 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I totally recommend Persnickety... their customer service is top notch!
Old 06-21-2014, 09:41 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

i love persnickety prints
Old 06-21-2014, 12:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Persnickety. I've been loyal there for a few years now and buy credits every time they have a sale. I'm dying to order more prints but waiting until after we move to get them again.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:10 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to BrattyMeg

Another persnickety fan

~~Click Here~~
to visit my shoppe
Old 06-21-2014, 02:03 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Costco isn't bad if you need them NOW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-26-2014, 03:26 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I didn't know you could get them done at Costco (although Im not a member).

I ended up ordering from sbtoshare because they are having a 25% off single prints sale from now until July 13th. (the code is JULY if anyone needs prints). I haven't gotten my order yet so I would say they are slower than simply scrapbooking to fill and ship orders.

Also a heads up if you do end up ordering this or next week, she said they are going on vacation so new orders won't ship until July 7th. So if you are impatient (like I am!!) expect to hunker down and wait a while for your delivery.
From her email: The coupon is going to be good until July 13th. FYI- we will be closed next week so the orders will not ship until July 7th

I will update when I get my order and let ya'll know how I like the prints. I might try persnickety next batch and see how it compares.
Old 06-26-2014, 04:21 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Persnickety here as well, awesome customer service!!!
Old 06-27-2014, 07:01 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Speaking of, persnickety has the prepaid bundles on sale now:

http://orders.persnicketyprints.com/Prepaid/
Old 06-30-2014, 05:47 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm
Default update on my quest for a new page printing service

So I said I would post when I got my pages.

Id say all in all I am happy with the quality but I am not happy with how much they enlarged and cropped my pages. As luck would have it, I have identical layouts printed from two different services.

The page on the left is from Scrapping Simply and is more like a giant photograph in weight and shine, the page on the right is very heavy weight card stock matte finish and printed by SBtoShare. I like both prints although in side by side SB to share seems to be a brighter print. However look how much my page was blown up. I understand the need to enlarge to crop for full bleed but clearly that is more than is needed since the scrapping simply page shows the blue border background paper.

So now I need to figure out how to do my pages that will allow for that much cropping. How much room do you allow for cropping? Especially when you are using PL page templates...

The other thing I can compare is turn around time, I ordered my prints on June 20th and they didn't ship for over a week and they just arrived today via priority mail. So 10 days turn around. Not sure how that stacks up to others but Scrapping simply's order all arrived in under a week, some as quickly as 4 days.

On another note since everyone uses persnickety I bought prepaid packs during their sale so my next order will come from there unless one of the others is running a hot sale because 1.00 a print is too hard to resist! Since I have twins I have so many pages that feature both my kids and although I make them individual pages I will need to duplicate pages so they each have their own books when they get older so as soon as I stumble on a crazy sale I can start ordering batches of the duplicate pages.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

All in all if I learn how to resize my pages I think that I really like the thickness of the card stock prints from SBtoshare. I will update when I get some pages printed from Persnikity. I think I will even send them this easter page and see how that print compares to these.
Old 06-30-2014, 05:51 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I use Persnickety and never allow room for cropping. They have never cropped my pages, they come to me exactly like I scrapped them.
Old 06-30-2014, 06:46 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Thanks Amber, thats good to know.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I've never had to allow for cropping at persnickety. I do make sure everything is a safe distance from the edge when I scrap, but I've never had them crop at PP.
Old 06-30-2014, 09:56 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Since I posted this earlier today I got a crash course in the different printing methods. I tracked down Wendyzine and had a convo with her about allowing for bleed and why some places enlarge and some do very minimal enlarging, apparently it depends on what type of printing they are doing.

Here is what I learned (C and P from my email with Wendy)

There are basically 2 methods printers use for scrapbook pages. The photographic process and the cardstock (cmyk) process. The photographic process that Persnickety uses tends to lose very little on a scrapbook page. They only use the photographic process for their prints, though, not their bound books. The bound books are still cmyk process. The cmyk process, however, requires bleed or extra background paper beyond the 12x12 area so that when the pages are stacked up, folder and trimmed, they can withstand any shifting without ending up showing white edges.

Persnickety's process actually hand checks each image as it's printed onto already cut 12x12 paper, enlarging it only every so much so it covers the edge of the paper. They can do this because each image is photographically imprinted onto an individual sheet of paper at a time.

The other method prints on oversized paper because the print rollers need paper to pull into the machine that doesn't have ink on it. So the pages are printed 8 up, folded and then trimmed. The pages can shift slightly so the extra bleed allows the shifting to be unnoticeable.

Sooooo what does that mean for you?

If you print with Persnickety, you can either use resize actions to add a slight amount of bleed, letting them know when you order that bleed as been added. Or, you can send them the layouts as is and request minimal trimming.

If you print elsewhere, you will likely want to use a standard amount of bleed (which is 1/4" to height and width) or use the action for those printers.

Hope this helps someone else too!
Old 06-30-2014, 11:40 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by abm234 View Post
I use Scrapping Simply a ton. I did have the same issue with pages not loading. I called them and got some help on the issue. It is a very simple solution. Are you on photoshop? You just have to save your JPEGs at quality of 11 instead of 12. They assured me that this does nothing to the print quality because the printer has a maxed out level of print quality and changing from 11 to 12 does nothing. That is what they say. Anyways, basically your files aren't loading because they are too big. Their program automatically increases the file size and that is the problem. I would encourage you to call them so they know other customers are having issues and that they are potentially losing business. They seem like a great mom and pop type place that would want to know. My experiences with them have always been good
I just purchased prints from Scrapping Simply and was really happy with them. I liked the quality (better than the other cheap place) and they weren't nearly as expensive as Persnickity.

For books: I'm printing at Mixbook. Working up my upload right now!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:29 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

BTW, I found another even cheaper place that I also might try called MyPicTales
Prices are 1.00 per 12x12 100 lb card stock print. Shipping is high at 11. but if you have a lot to print it still works out cheaper in the end.

I bought prepaid bundles at persnickety so they are next on my list to try since I already bought the bundle (while it was on sale, making the prints 1.49 each)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
I just purchased prints from Scrapping Simply and was really happy with them. I liked the quality (better than the other cheap place) and they weren't nearly as expensive as Persnickity.

For books: I'm printing at Mixbook. Working up my upload right now!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:35 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I did reach out to scrapping simply. They do have great customer service and fast turn around too. They told me it was possibly a file size problem. But I reviewed the size of my files and the files that refused to load were the same sizes or smaller than other files that loaded fine.

They said that the site should accept files as large as 15mb but if they are over 10mb sometimes the site has problems with it and to resize down to 10mb.

However with that said, I managed to upload to sbtoshare the exact same files SS would't load, at the same file size. They all ploaded quickly without resizing. The weird thing is they both seem to use the same software because the up loaders and shopping carts looks identical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abm234 View Post