Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2014, 04:37 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm
Default Bulk loading Styles?? ( in PSE)

I don't know if it is possible but I can not figure out how to bulk load my styles in PSE (I have version 12).
Say for example I have PSE open I will click on effects and then click on load styles, the select a specific style I want to add and that will load no problem. I can't select more than one file at a time though.

I tried closing down PSE and doing:
Accessories-->
PSE--->
Plug ins--->
Styles

When I open that file I can see all the styles I already have loaded but if I try to select multiple styles and drop them in (Like I would do for brushes) they show up and i can see them in the file but when I open up PSE the new styles are not there, only the ones I loaded individually directly in, while the program was open.

What am I doing wrong!!!?

Why will it let me add the files in with all the loaded ones but then they don't show up? Ive tried loading them in when PSE is closed and opened and also have tried rebooting my laptop too. I bought several bundles of styles and each bundle has about 20 different styles in them so to do it individually means I have to load like 144 styles one at a time!
Old 07-28-2014, 01:56 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't know about PSE, but if I understand your question correctly, PS does the same. I kinda like it, too, I hate too many styles loaded at once. What I did was for cases when I want more than one set of styles open, let's say, all paper styles, I did my own bulk set. I loaded them all individually and then saved them (from Photoshop) as All Paper Styles into PS Presets. So, when I want to experiment with paper styles, I choose my custom set and voila! They're all there. Same can be done with brushes BTW. And I think it might work in PSE as well.

Last edited by adrianka; 07-28-2014 at 03:32 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 03:10 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

The thing is that I like to experiment and I love variety. I want allllll my styles loaded LOL I might not be explaining this right. I have several "bundles" of styles from one of my designers I like. So say she does a collection and offers a coordinating style bundle, usually within that bundle there will be something like 20+ different style sets:

Say for example one bundle will have maybe 6-9 different colors that match the kit in each of the following sets:
Chipboard style set 1
Chipboard style set 2
Cardboard style set 1
Cardboard style set 2
cardboard style set 3
embossed dots
embossed stars
glitter style small
glitter style large
plaid styles
gel style
acrylic style
and so on...

So then I have to load each set separately while PSE is open. (I can't just copy and paste all the sets into the plug in presets folder in accessories like I could with brush sets).

I have about 8 more bundles to load to get them all in individually, it's so tedious! The last bundle I just loaded had 27 different style sets in it, and that was for just ONE collection!

Last edited by sastampink; 07-28-2014 at 03:13 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by sastampink View Post
The thing is that I like to experiment and I love variety. I want allllll my styles loaded LOL I might not be explaining this right. I have several "bundles" of styles from one of my designers I like. So say she does a collection and offers a coordinating style bundle, usually within that bundle there will be something like 20+ different style sets:

Say for example one bundle will have maybe 6-9 different colors that match the kit in each of the following sets:
Chipboard style set 1
Chipboard style set 2
Cardboard style set 1
Cardboard style set 2
cardboard style set 3
embossed dots
embossed stars
glitter style small
glitter style large
plaid styles
gel style
acrylic style
and so on...

So then I have to load each set separately while PSE is open. (I can't just copy and paste all the sets into the plug in presets folder in accessories like I could with brush sets).

I have about 8 more bundles to load to get them all in individually, it's so tedious! The last bundle I just loaded had 27 different style sets in it, and that was for just ONE collection!
I think they intentionally make this difficult in PSE so you want the more expensive PS....
Old 07-28-2014, 05:42 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

LOL, that may be true. At least if I know it's not just something I am overlooking.. I just figured I am missing something... since I can do it with brushes I thought it was me or my program, that I can't do it with styles (or actions).
Old 07-29-2014, 01:09 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
LOL, that may be true. At least if I know it's not just something I am overlooking.. I just figured I am missing something... since I can do it with brushes I thought it was me or my program, that I can't do it with styles (or actions).
So, is there no function to save all styles that you loaded as one custom preset? That's what I would do in PS if I wanted a bunch of various sets to load at once, but maybe it's not possible in PSE?

Old 07-29-2014, 01:22 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristijoy View Post
I think they intentionally make this difficult in PSE so you want the more expensive PS....
I'm 99% sure you're right!!! I don't normally use PSE, but I had it on my work laptop for a little while before I realized I could get PS and it definitely lacks the convenience factor when it comes to this type of stuff.
Old 07-29-2014, 09:16 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Yeah, that is my question. I don't know if there is... I am pretty new to all this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adrianka View Post
So, is there no function to save all styles that you loaded as one custom preset? That's what I would do in PS if I wanted a bunch of various sets to load at once, but maybe it's not possible in PSE?
Old 07-29-2014, 09:43 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Yeah, that is my question. I don't know if there is... I am pretty new to all this.
Is there a Preset Manager in PSE?

ETA: It seems there is:

So, based on analogy from PS, you could load all your styles and click Save Set... And it might do the trick.

Last edited by adrianka; 07-29-2014 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:27 AM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

I found it, and when I go to load the presets they are all there, but still not in the side menu for selection. I have decided to throw in the towel and just load each set individually. I don't think it will let me load them in bulk.
Old 07-29-2014, 10:45 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I found it, and when I go to load the presets they are all there, but still not in the side menu for selection. I have decided to throw in the towel and just load each set individually. I don't think it will let me load them in bulk.
You cannot load them in bulk even in Photoshop. But once you load them all manually, you should be able to save them as a new preset and THEN you will be able to load them in bulk ANYTIME.