Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to suze
Default Help Please!! How do I get a super sexy mom bod??

Anyone know??

I would love to get rid of all this... umm love handles... that came with this beautiful baby right here-

Makes it worth every pound and stretch mark!

but really anyone know any great post new mom workouts?? the ones that really work to strengthen those stretched out abs? Also any tricks to help you stop snacking like you did from before when you know you were young and active and it really didn't matter lmao!!
:x
Old 12-13-2010, 06:53 PM
Brodo gettin her Swerb on

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to ColleenSwerb

I'm a proclaimed member of the Jillian Michael's cult. That woman busts my butt like no other! I actually just did a 30 day shred workout tonight. I fell off the bandwagon for October and November, but I'm going strong with my running again. But nothing tones me up like Jillian. Now this time I just need to STICK WITH IT, lol!

I also credit starting the Couch to 5K running program to slimming down. I never thought I would have anything but thunder thighs, but running has really slimmed my legs down a lot.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

SO CUTE!!!

I love the Restore the Core class by StrollerFit (recently bought by Baby Boot Camp but the RTC info is on their website here: http://strollerfit.com/index.cfm?fus...C6B14EA2091748). It's awesome for returning tone to your abdominals and pelvic floor. The rest of your body gets a great workout as well.

As for tricks to control the snacking - with the baby reacting to milk proteins and gluten, I'm pretty limited on the junk food I can consume. If I want a treat, I pretty much have to make it from scratch and with two small kids, that doesn't happen all that often. Surround yourself with healthy snacks and indulge in a small 100 calorie treat so you don't feel deprived.

And above all, be patient with yourself! You didn't gain the weight and lose the muscle tone overnight so don't expect to gain it back quickly. My motto with both kids was 9 months on, 9 months off. It took a year with DD, and about six months with DS. I gained around 50# each time. And having to be gluten-free with DS caused me to drop even more weight so I'm now at the weight I was when I got married (and didn't think I'd ever see it again!), so it's not ALL bad!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

whew I hear that Jillian is crazy but she'll shed your pounds

I like the idea of the couch to 5k! I use to do that back in high school... and shot my MIL puts me to shame that woman runs 5 miles almost everyday

I know this is a bad excuse, but I'm finding it hard to get cardio in the winter, with a two month old, and no gym, no workout equipt at home....

I've also heard about p90x... but I've heard its a killer too.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

right nine on... nine off.

I gained 2 lbs a week.... I'll try and lose two a week....

tho I only put on 27, I broke the 200lb mark. I wont weigh myself often, but I'm already back to 180.

I wish there was still one of those weight loss groups going on like before. I can't remember all about it but I would love to get with some inspirational weightloss women.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:09 PM

profile gallery send pm

P90X is Jillian Michael's on steriods.

Jillian has a bunch of DVD's. 30DS is 20 minutes, and both cardio and strength. One of her other ones is more cardio focused, and another is more strength focused (I have both, I just can't remember which is which right now). I also really love her yoga workout, and plan on getting back to that soon.

The beauty of workout DVD's, especially in the winter, is that if you have a tv, you have no excuses.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColleenSwerb View Post
P90X is Jillian Michael's on steriods.

Jillian has a bunch of DVD's. 30DS is 20 minutes, and both cardio and strength. One of her other ones is more cardio focused, and another is more strength focused (I have both, I just can't remember which is which right now). I also really love her yoga workout, and plan on getting back to that soon.

The beauty of workout DVD's, especially in the winter, is that if you have a tv, you have no excuses.
ok p90x out... for now!

well I do have a tv... so ya I'll try some of her dvds!! I really need the cardio!
Old 12-13-2010, 07:43 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Jillian has a bunch of DVD's. 30DS is 20 minutes, and both cardio and .
Only 20 minutes? word. I need to go shopping now. The video I do now is 15 minutes stretching, 15 minutes cardio and 15 minutes strength. I like it, but find it hard to fit in 45 minutes.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:48 PM

profile gallery send pm

It's 3-6 minutes circuits + warm up and cool down. I usually call it 27 minutes.
Each circuit is 3 minutes strength, 2 minutes cardio, 1 minute abs. The cardio is things like jumping jacks, high knees, butt kicks, jumping (imaginary) rope, and kick boxing type punching. But when you're doing it bang bang bang one right after another with no breaks, it really gets your heart rate up and the blood pumping.

ETA: The other 2 DVD's (Banish Fat, Boost Metabolism, and No More Trouble Zones) are 45 minutes. Still the same circuit training type of workout though, so you could do the first 3 or 4 circuits and then stop if you felt like it.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

Oh, I like that! Mine does 45 seconds of whatever exercise and then 15 seconds to get into the next position. So its similar, but I get tired of doing the same thing all the time.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:01 PM

profile gallery send pm

There are 2 moves for each segment of the circuit. So you do a strength move for 45 seconds, switch to another move for 45 seconds, then back to the first, and then the seconds. 30 seconds of 1 cardio, 30 seconds of another, repeat both. There are 3 levels, and if you follow the program you do each level for 10 days. I've gone through it a million times by now, but I started on level 1 tonight cuz it's been a while. IT's still a good solid workout no matter where you are. They have 2 people doing it, 1 showing beginner adaptations, and the other doing more advanced versions of the same basic moves. There is a bit if a rest between moves in the beginning, but then you get to a point where you have it memorized and just move right to the next thing.

Anyway, I love it. She's evil, but she knows how to kick my butt and I can't argue with that, lol. I definitely know what you mean, because I get bored with the same DVD. That's why I got her other ones too. I'll stick with 30DS for this month probably, but by January I'll probably start mixing it up. I'm running 3 days a week, and adding this into that.
Old 12-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I did P90X last year and it kicked my butt! I also lost a bunch of weight and was in pretty darn good shape when I finished. My knees hurt, though. Really hurt. It's definitely not a low-impact workout. I may do it again, but I need to get back into decent shape again first. My hubby's doing Insanity (same company, different guy) and he loves it. Right now I'm just trying to get in the habit of getting on my exercise bike 5 days/week.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:30 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I also credit starting the Couch to 5K running program to slimming down. I never thought I would have anything but thunder thighs, but running has really slimmed my legs down a lot.
/like
Old 12-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Another vote for Jillian and the 30 Day Shred. If you actually do it every day for 30 days...wow at the difference. Really, it was amazing for me. I also love her yoga video, but just be prepared that it's not "true" yoga. Awesome results, though. I also took up running. I didn't do C25K, but I know it's awesome. I just got confused too easily with that. I just went slowly and worked up and was able to run a 5K in about a month or so. Now I run several times a week.

I'm still not where I want to be, but using these tools has really helped me feel better about myself.

Old 12-14-2010, 10:22 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Do Insanity - it will kick your butt like nothing else.
Old 12-14-2010, 10:30 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to emmasmommy

i wish someone would just invent some wonderdrug or something so that the older you got, the easier it got to lose weight instead of HARDER. oh the joys of aging!

Old 12-14-2010, 11:01 AM

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmasmommy View Post
i wish someone would just invent some wonderdrug or something so that the older you got, the easier it got to lose weight instead of HARDER. oh the joys of aging!
Ugh, I feel ya! And I'm only 27! LOL! I came across a photo of me in my younger days (like 9 or 10 years ago). Man, I would kill to have that body now (I posted it on FB last night). And back then I was super self conscious! Oh the irony.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:24 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Are you breastfeeding? If so, that snacking is probably important. Just make sure that there are healthy options that you like to snack on so that you don't have to eat the junk. I loved that just a couple of cheese cubes got me through a lot longer than some carby snack, but carbs are important too for all of that energy that babies seem to drain.

Also, I found that I still definitely looked like a breastfeeding mom (huge boobs and a poochy stomach) until we started weaning (aka started solids, even though we breastfed until 14 months).

C25K is amazing. I did that in conjunction with the 100 pushup challenge. I actually got 7 pounds below my pre-pregnancy weight doing those together. We did some diet rearranging too, where we didn't eat carbs at night. Still had plenty during the day, but none at night, and we saved desserts for the weekends only. Not a diet perse, but it made a huge difference for DH and I, who both lost 5 pounds in a month and didn't even feel like we were dieting. We had larger lunches and smaller dinners consisting of meat and lots of vegetables. I think the biggest difference was how many more vegetables we ate. We only stopped when I got pregnant and couldn't stand the sight of raw meat and craved those carbs.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:26 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Well, I am 39 for the fifth time today and I can tell ya - I would LOVE a wonder drug that would make me feel younger again, or at least give me the energy!
Old 12-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

No weight loss/toning advice here. But can I just say that is one beautiful baby! Such a sweet face.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by suze View Post

I know this is a bad excuse, but I'm finding it hard to get cardio in the winter, with a two month old, and no gym, no workout equipt at home....
Do you have cable with a DVR or anything that would have fitness on demand? I just found Leslie Sansone's walk at home on our FIOS thing today and it is great! Kind of cheesy, but super-simple and still a good workout. Check it out if you can!
Old 12-14-2010, 07:49 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I'm not sure what locality you are in, but I did this Stroller Strides when my son was a baby. Awesome. Incredible. Best shape, I've ever been in. Lots of perky young women to make friends with and keep you motivated. And they all have babies at class, so if your's is freaking out...they understand! I loved it!! It was a sad day when Liam would no longer sit in the stroller. They have classes in lots of different places, so maybe there is one near you!
Old 12-15-2010, 02:02 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
Another vote for Jillian and the 30 Day Shred. If you actually do it every day for 30 days...wow at the difference. Really, it was amazing for me. I also love her yoga video, but just be prepared that it's not "true" yoga. Awesome results, though. I also took up running. I didn't do C25K, but I know it's awesome. I just got confused too easily with that. I just went slowly and worked up and was able to run a 5K in about a month or so. Now I run several times a week.

I'm still not where I want to be, but using these tools has really helped me feel better about myself.
Thanks for all the awesome advice ladies!! I took you ladies up on the 30 day shred.... omg its so down to basic, but I really feel it so shes amazing at engaging EVERYTHING i mean everything lol I also started my first day at my part time job and I'm stocking hair products and that really worked me. I think I'm realizing how easy they took me while I was preggo!! lol

I'm not breastfeeding, unfortunately did work for us... but I was snacking more for quick convenience.

I can't wait to check everything out and work my way above the level 1!! I'm determined to do some running too. I know when the summer hits I'll be out all the time with the baby, walking, and doing walks, I just need to make it over the winter hump.

Thanks for all the super sweet comments about my baby!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 08:59 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

i bought 30DS last night. I'm starting tonight. We were home so late last night I fell into bed. here's hoping i can firm up a bit and maybe lose some belly.