Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 10-14-2018, 07:00 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default October check in

How far along is everyone?

I've got all my photos placed up til week 40, but I'm missing text (have it in my journal though) and need to pick kits to fill the empty pockets.

Also, I FINALLY decided on what colours to use for my cover. And spent most of yesterday picking the different flowers and then today setting them all in and layering them correctly. I actually made two, one blue/purple and one pink/green.
Ended up with pink since it is October and breast cancer awerness month. I was diagnosed with a gene mutation which makes me a higher risk of getting breast cancer, so I felt pink was fitting for this year.

https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com...-cover&cat=500
Old 10-14-2018, 08:39 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have been thinking about PL being my next scrap project and that is usually the 1st step in getting it done. Now I just need to carve out some time to get it done! I am so behind it isn't even funny!!
Old 10-16-2018, 03:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Got PL 2017 Week 14 done! Let's see how many weeks I can get done today. Keeping them simple just to get them done!
Old 10-16-2018, 03:17 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm working on a very simple photobook for my father-in-law. I have 37 pages done so far with probably another 10 to go. I'm keeping it very simple - with little embellishment, letting the photos do the talking.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:12 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I've totally stalled. I've been on 2017 Week 50 for about 3 weeks, and before that I spent about the same amount of time on week 49. The only positive is that I've spent a lot of time lately organizing 2018 photos by week. I'm shooting for finishing 2017 (PL and non-PL) by next month. If I can find my missing scrap mojo, that should be very doable.

I'm still trying to decide how to handle 2018. I think that I was a little burnt out on weekly documenting this year, so I have fewer photos and less journaling for 2018 than the last few years. I wonder if I could either make a hard push to get 2018 done in a few months (by March?) and then move onto 2019 or if I should try to scrap 2018 and 2019 simultaneously. I

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineF View Post
Also, I FINALLY decided on what colours to use for my cover. And spent most of yesterday picking the different flowers and then today setting them all in and layering them correctly. I actually made two, one blue/purple and one pink/green.
Ended up with pink since it is October and breast cancer awerness month. I was diagnosed with a gene mutation which makes me a higher risk of getting breast cancer, so I felt pink was fitting for this year.
Beautiful cover! It sounds like pink was a very meaningful choice for this year.
Old 10-19-2018, 08:06 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
I've totally stalled. I've been on 2017 Week 50 for about 3 weeks, and before that I spent about the same amount of time on week 49.
You are so close to finishing! Good for you!!
Old 10-19-2018, 11:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We've been on harvest off and on for like the last month... so my scrapping has hit the back burner. I have worked on a few pages for Teddy's baby book and got some really hard weeks done for my 2018 book! Anyone else find that those really emotional weeks are extra hard to scrap?! Hopefully now that I've finished them, the rest of the year flows much easier.

I only have FOUR weeks worth of layouts to finish for my 2017 book... I'm totally waiting for new CT Christmas kits to finish them! Ha!
Old 10-19-2018, 02:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlathrall View Post
We've been on harvest off and on for like the last month... so my scrapping has hit the back burner. I have worked on a few pages for Teddy's baby book and got some really hard weeks done for my 2018 book! Anyone else find that those really emotional weeks are extra hard to scrap?! Hopefully now that I've finished them, the rest of the year flows much easier.

I only have FOUR weeks worth of layouts to finish for my 2017 book... I'm totally waiting for new CT Christmas kits to finish them! Ha!

The emotional weeks are always harder to scrap.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:44 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

For those more emotional weeks, I usually think about whether or not it's something we're going to want to remember later and whether there's any real value in including it. A lot of the harder things our family has dealt with in the last few years didn't make it into the albums because they were things that were probably better forgotten and moved on from. So I don't necessarily have more trouble scrapping those weeks. The hardest ones for me are the ones with the most photos, like vacations and birthdays.