Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2011, 01:10 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm
Default Hey Couponers...

http://aslansavz.wordpress.com/2011/...irtually-free/

All You magazines is one of those magazines I see pop up on a lot of the coupon sites as it has a lot of extra coupons plus great Amazon codes pretty often. Ebates is doing a rebate on it, etc. etc. Check out the post for instructions

And I wanted to thank you guys on all the help you gave me last month about couponing. We started really working on it the last couple of weeks, and my first big day of it was this past week, and I saved almost 50% off my grocery bill between a couple of stores. It would've been more but I also stocked up on some clearanced chicken and steaks! I know it won't always be that good since I don't buy a lot of the processed foods - but it was encouraging that it can be done even with how we eat!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:30 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

yeah for you Darcy!!!! I have been a slacker this past month but it's so worth it when you see your total shrink at the checkout stand.
Walmart also has a new coupon policy that you might wanna check out too..Don't forget that they price match and you can also use coupons when you do that too.
Old 03-05-2011, 12:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Thank you for posting that!

I am an extreme couponer, so things like this help SO much!

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 03-05-2011, 12:36 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's exciting Darcy. Have you tried getting some of the deals at the drug stores yet? This week there were some good deals on toothpaste at CVS and Walgreens.
Old 03-05-2011, 05:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

That's great Darcy! I coupon for non-food items but have a hard time with food items since we eat absolutely NO processed foods. Once in a blue moon I'll buy a can of beans, but even those I usually buy bulk dry beans and cook them up myself. But, it does feel good to see that bill shrink when I do my once-a-month stocking of cleaner, hair goods, paper goods, etc.
Old 03-05-2011, 06:44 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap2day View Post
That's exciting Darcy. Have you tried getting some of the deals at the drug stores yet? This week there were some good deals on toothpaste at CVS and Walgreens.
Not, yet. I'm taking this one step at a time LOL Though I did catch a CVS shampoo deal yesterday for .50/bottle, so I was happy - except that it cost me $5 because I took Russ in with me Though we did get a flat of sweetart hearts from Vday for .08/box to stick away for treats down the road. It was all of .80 or so LOL
Old 03-05-2011, 11:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Darcy, I'm a big Walgreens shopper. When you stack their coupons with manufacturer's you can a lot of stuff free or nearly free. I'm probably a half-extreme couponer. It's fun and rewarding for sure!
Old 03-05-2011, 11:28 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I need to learn to do this couponing... but I'm worried with work, the kids, etc. I don't know WHEN I'd do it! Let alone where to start...

Returning from a long scrapping hiatus!
Old 03-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I ordered All You via the magazine fundraiser from the school. I haven't gotten my first issue yet.

How sad is it that I am looking forward to my shopping trip this week? I was so excited to see the great deal I can get on Tide and Downy with the coupons they sent me. Oh and there is the 5 boxes of Fiber One bars I plan to buy. I do think that this week I will go over my $100/wk goal but I won't have to buy detergent for 4 months. LOL!
Old 03-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Do you all do the swagbucks coupons too?
Old 03-05-2011, 10:44 PM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Just found it this week, Kelli - love that they give swagbucks for using coupons!
Old 03-06-2011, 07:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

It's Sunday... new coupons day! How many papers do you girls buy? I'm only at three, not sure if I could keep up with more.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

Valerie -around here, Saturday has the coupons, too..and they do double papers for a little less, so you get double coupons!
Old 03-06-2011, 11:38 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
It's Sunday... new coupons day! How many papers do you girls buy? I'm only at three, not sure if I could keep up with more.
I actually buy depending on the coupon. For instance, it is rare for us to get Quaker Oatmeal coupons so if there is one in that week I could buy up to 10 papers. This weekend there wasn't really anything outstanding for me so I didn't buy any papers.

You can check for a list of possible coupons here: Sunday Coupon Preview. Know that the list may not be always accurate for your region. For instance it can say that there will be a Quaker coupon but for my area it is just an ad, no coupon. In cases like that where I'm looking for a specific coupon I will actually stand in the store and look through the coupons before deciding how many papers to buy.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Banned

profile gallery

Quick question, did you figure the sign up bonus into the 51% off? I've done ebates for years and it only shows a 26% discount.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:35 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrap2day View Post
I actually buy depending on the coupon. For instance, it is rare for us to get Quaker Oatmeal coupons so if there is one in that week I could buy up to 10 papers. This weekend there wasn't really anything outstanding for me so I didn't buy any papers.

You can check for a list of possible coupons here: Sunday Coupon Preview. Know that the list may not be always accurate for your region. For instance it can say that there will be a Quaker coupon but for my area it is just an ad, no coupon. In cases like that where I'm looking for a specific coupon I will actually stand in the store and look through the coupons before deciding how many papers to buy.
Have you thought about using a clipping service? When it is something I know I will buy more than 4 of I order the coupons. They are shipped really fast. And if they have an expiration that is far off I will buy just hoping there will be a sale within that time frame.

http://www.couponsthingsbydede.com/?Click=2356

http://www.thecouponclippers.com/cou...r=catladyfour4
Old 03-06-2011, 01:37 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
I buy multiples when there are high value coupons inside or seasonal. I think it was the week before the super bowl I bought 3 papers because there were 4 inserts that week. I usually buy 2 when the monthly P&G or GM inserts are included.
Old 03-07-2011, 01:48 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I used to be extreme couponer 6 yrs ago, it's almost like another full time job! Here are few things I used to do:

Get baseball trading card holders to hold the coupons in my binder. Each page would be arrange by the isle in the store. Easier to flip thru the coupons.

Envelopes by store names - for coupons that I know I'll only use in that particular store.

Join coupon swapping yahoo groups. (my favorite!)

Talk to those people that stand in front of Walmarts or other stores to get you to subscribe to newspaper and give away free sample paper. Sometimes, I would get up the nerve and ask for extra free papers(or just the coupon sections) and they would give me whole stack by end of the day!!! They also told me to just collect extras the next day from the recycling center, but I never managed to do that.

7-Eleven usually have extras floating around on Mondays. You can ask for the coupon section and they would let you have it. From what I've heard, they only need to return the front page to get the refund of unsold copies.

Walgreens and Rite-Aid used to be my favorite stores. Where you can actually MAKE money for shopping... if they have rebate on something and also use coupon for it.

Here's few of my shopping trips, where I've spend less than $2!!!

Old 03-07-2011, 06:47 AM
Just a Scrapper

profile gallery send pm

And after all we've talked about, Ripal, I didn't even know that about you