Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2023, 05:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Question 5 Things for the Week: 6-19

Happy Monday!!!
Let's play 5 things for the week!
  1. What is one thing you are looking forward to this week?
  2. How many meals have you planned for the week?
  3. What's the weather in your neck of the woods?
  4. What are you binge watching currently?
  5. Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit??

Old 06-19-2023, 05:58 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Fun post Kiana!!

What is one thing you are looking forward to this week? Spending Thursday with the grandkiddos - always a great time!

How many meals have you planned for the week? Two - today and tomorrow - lol

What's the weather in your neck of the woods? Warm ... and dry. We're in a drought. Everything is starting to get brown, it's sad!

What are you binge watching currently? Virgin River - for the 4th time - lol. Waiting for the next release in September.

Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? The first thing that I'm drawn to is usually the color palette, but if there are lots of flowers and beautiful foilage I'm drawn in with my credit card in hand! LOL!
Old 06-19-2023, 06:12 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm

What is one thing you are looking forward to this week? To it ending b/c I am going on vacation next week. haha

How many meals have you planned for the week? zero! It is a fend for yourself kind of week this week.

What's the weather in your neck of the woods? rainy and cool actually for almost summer in Georgia

What are you binge watching currently? 9-1-1. So far I like it.

Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? Pandas! :-) But also what Jill said. haha. oh yeah, and Harry Potter.

I create for: Laura Wilkerson, Meagan's Creations & WendyP Designs ** Check out my Blog! **
Old 06-19-2023, 07:27 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What is one thing you are looking forward to this week? FINALLY getting these home repairs started from the hail damage in APRIL!

How many meals have you planned for the week? 1- TODAY's lol

What's the weather in your neck of the woods? Sunny, hot, but not too hot.

What are you binge watching currently? House Hunters lol

Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? Butterflies! (and ditto the ladies with flowers & foliage)

Old 06-19-2023, 07:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillW View Post
Fun post Kiana!!

What is one thing you are looking forward to this week? Spending Thursday with the grandkiddos - always a great time!

How many meals have you planned for the week? Two - today and tomorrow - lol

What's the weather in your neck of the woods? Warm ... and dry. We're in a drought. Everything is starting to get brown, it's sad!

What are you binge watching currently? Virgin River - for the 4th time - lol. Waiting for the next release in September.

Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? The first thing that I'm drawn to is usually the color palette, but if there are lots of flowers and beautiful foilage I'm drawn in with my credit card in hand! LOL!

Have fun with the grands. Never heard of that show, I might have to check it out

Old 06-19-2023, 07:28 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnbear View Post
What is one thing you are looking forward to this week? To it ending b/c I am going on vacation next week. haha

How many meals have you planned for the week? zero! It is a fend for yourself kind of week this week.

What's the weather in your neck of the woods? rainy and cool actually for almost summer in Georgia

What are you binge watching currently? 9-1-1. So far I like it.

Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? Pandas! :-) But also what Jill said. haha. oh yeah, and Harry Potter.

VACAY!!!! Have fun.

Old 06-19-2023, 08:36 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What is one thing you are looking forward to this week?
We leave on Wednesday for a long road trip for our daughter's softball tournaments in Utah & Colorado!

How many meals have you planned for the week?
Typically I would have planned at least 3, but only tonight as we're kind of fridge cleaning since we are going to be gone for so long. I have planned meals for the next week with the other families we are staying with in a big VRBO house!

What's the weather in your neck of the woods?
It's been cooler lately- upper 60's/low 70's which is more normal for this time of year, but our June started SUPER hot, so it feels colder! lol

What are you binge watching currently?
Succession- although hubs & I are watching it at night and sometimes we have a hard time staying awake... hoping it gets more juicy...

Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit??
Fun word arts- and in fun shapes!
Old 06-19-2023, 09:15 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What is one thing you are looking forward to this week? We're planning to go to Lake Michigan this weekend
How many meals have you planned for the week? 4 or 5 - I have left overs gyros from one of my Martha meal kits, we're going out tomorrow night for my oldest's 18th birthday, and 1 have one more Martha meal to make that will get me through at least 2 meals, if not 3
What's the weather in your neck of the woods? High 80's and dry. We need some rain.
What are you binge watching currently? I just finished Barry so I'm trying to decide what's next.
Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? Put gears/metal and other boy/man themed elements in it
Old 06-19-2023, 10:11 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

What is one thing you are looking forward to this week? It's Lucas's last week of school so it will be nice to not have the headache of getting him out the door and everything!

How many meals have you planned for the week? um. we kind of plan as we go but darcy BBQ'd tonight so we have meals for a couple days now.

What's the weather in your neck of the woods? It's been pretty chilly and rainy but it's good because it's been pretty dry and I'm worried about fires

What are you binge watching currently? Six Feet Under! First time watching

Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? I'm skipping this one since I don't really scrap myself anymore
Old 06-19-2023, 10:13 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

What is one thing you are looking forward to this week? Long weekend. Michael & Lan are off the school starting Thursday!
How many meals have you planned for the week? None. I mostly plan the meal on the day, according to what I have in the fridge.
What's the weather in your neck of the woods? Super hot and humid.
What are you binge watching currently? An old comedy k-drama series, A business proposal.
Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? The color combo.
Old 06-19-2023, 10:35 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

What is one thing you are looking forward to this week? The last full week of school, which means the last week of making lunches!

How many meals have you planned for the week? That's not something I do lol

What's the weather in your neck of the woods? Rainy - which is good, we needed it. But we went from fire ban to 5 straight days of rain. I'd like something a little in between

What are you binge watching currently? Ginny & Georgia on Netflix

Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? A good striped paper, a chunky alpha, and some paint (swoon)

Old 06-20-2023, 02:43 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

What is one thing you are looking forward to this week? My family comes home today after being gone for 12 days! It's been glorious, but there are things that need to get done not by me.
3: Chicken Dumpling Soup
Fried chicken with mashed potatoes & broccoli
Chicken curry with cauliflower and rice
What's the weather in your neck of the woods? So hot I might melt
What are you binge watching currently? Last weekend, I watched Queen Charlotte & Ted Lasso. My brain feels bloated, kind of like when you overeat and you want to vomit and swear to never overeat again.
Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? For me, it's a combination of colors & patterned papers.
Old 06-20-2023, 07:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelsgirl View Post
What is one thing you are looking forward to this week? My family comes home today after being gone for 12 days! It's been glorious, but there are things that need to get done not by me.
3: Chicken Dumpling Soup
Fried chicken with mashed potatoes & broccoli
Chicken curry with cauliflower and rice
What's the weather in your neck of the woods? So hot I might melt
What are you binge watching currently? Last weekend, I watched Queen Charlotte & Ted Lasso. My brain feels bloated, kind of like when you overeat and you want to vomit and swear to never overeat again.
Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? For me, it's a combination of colors & patterned papers.
Wow those meals sound yummy!!!!!

Old 06-20-2023, 07:18 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieN1 View Post
We leave on Wednesday for a long road trip for our daughter's softball tournaments in Utah & Colorado!

Typically I would have planned at least 3, but only tonight as we're kind of fridge cleaning since we are going to be gone for so long. I have planned meals for the next week with the other families we are staying with in a big VRBO house!

It's been cooler lately- upper 60's/low 70's which is more normal for this time of year, but our June started SUPER hot, so it feels colder! lol

Succession- although hubs & I are watching it at night and sometimes we have a hard time staying awake... hoping it gets more juicy...

Fun word arts- and in fun shapes!
Oh word arts are a good one. Have fun on your trip!

Old 06-20-2023, 07:19 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by bienejen View Post
What is one thing you are looking forward to this week? We're planning to go to Lake Michigan this weekend
How many meals have you planned for the week? 4 or 5 - I have left overs gyros from one of my Martha meal kits, we're going out tomorrow night for my oldest's 18th birthday, and 1 have one more Martha meal to make that will get me through at least 2 meals, if not 3
What's the weather in your neck of the woods? High 80's and dry. We need some rain.
What are you binge watching currently? I just finished Barry so I'm trying to decide what's next.
Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? Put gears/metal and other boy/man themed elements in it

I need to plan a Lake Michigan outing this summer too, it's not hot enough for me yet lol, we do need rain here. What part of the lake do you guys go to? We like South Haven!

Old 06-20-2023, 07:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
What is one thing you are looking forward to this week? It's Lucas's last week of school so it will be nice to not have the headache of getting him out the door and everything!

How many meals have you planned for the week? um. we kind of plan as we go but darcy BBQ'd tonight so we have meals for a couple days now.

What's the weather in your neck of the woods? It's been pretty chilly and rainy but it's good because it's been pretty dry and I'm worried about fires

What are you binge watching currently? Six Feet Under! First time watching

Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? I'm skipping this one since I don't really scrap myself anymore

You definitely should scrap more Kristin. And I've never watched Six Feet Under either, maybe I should?

Old 06-20-2023, 07:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by nietis View Post
What is one thing you are looking forward to this week? Long weekend. Michael & Lan are off the school starting Thursday!
How many meals have you planned for the week? None. I mostly plan the meal on the day, according to what I have in the fridge.
What's the weather in your neck of the woods? Super hot and humid.
What are you binge watching currently? An old comedy k-drama series, A business proposal.
Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? The color combo.
Yay for no more school!!!!!

Old 06-20-2023, 07:21 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post
What is one thing you are looking forward to this week? The last full week of school, which means the last week of making lunches!

What's the weather in your neck of the woods? Rainy - which is good, we needed it. But we went from fire ban to 5 straight days of rain. I'd like something a little in between

Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? A good striped paper, a chunky alpha, and some paint (swoon)

Oh love a good chunky alpha!!!!!! Enjoy no more lunch making season. lol

Old 06-20-2023, 07:48 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Digging through some basement boxes to find some school books. lol

Just today's meal is still planned. I shop (usually) on Wednesdays, so I'll be shopping tomorrow after I decide what we need.

Bouncing between rain and humid warmth. Ugh.

Nothing. Not much of a TV/shows watcher.

Colors, outdoorsy feel, beautiful layouts. Oops...just one thing?!
Old 06-20-2023, 08:28 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjscraps View Post

LOVED Ginny & Georgia!! I was sad to see it end - I am not sure if there will be another season or not ... I'll have to check that out!
Old 06-20-2023, 08:40 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiana View Post
I need to plan a Lake Michigan outing this summer too, it's not hot enough for me yet lol, we do need rain here. What part of the lake do you guys go to? We like South Haven!
We typically go to Muskegon State Park. The sand is clean and it's often not too crowded.
Old 06-20-2023, 09:06 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
We typically go to Muskegon State Park. The sand is clean and it's often not too crowded.
Oooh never been to that part. We might have to try it out! Thanks

Old 06-20-2023, 09:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I guess I didn't hit "post" bc I swore I did this yesterday!

Summer baseball and carving out time to scrapbook

How many meals have you planned for the week? 0...I am usually pretty good with this but we haven't adjusted to summer schedules yet

What's the weather in your neck of the woods? chilly...this is not summer in CA!

I am in my Reading Era so I haven't been watching anything lately
I did binge Ted Lasso and The Last Thing He Told Me

Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? anything by KCB
Old 06-20-2023, 09:26 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

What is one thing you are looking forward to this week? Seeing my grandkids this afternoon.
How many meals have you planned for the week? My stepson is in town for 10 days and he's a big boy so yesterday we did a huge Costco grocery which hopefully should take us through the week! I've got dinners planned for the next couple of days.
What's the weather in your neck of the woods? It's been cool the last few days and rainy but as of this morning it's clear skies and temps in the mid to high 20's (celsius). Hoping the smog from the forest fires stay away.
What are you binge watching currently? Deadloch. It's an 8 part comedic Australian series about 2 detectives trying to solve murders in their small town.
Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? The creative team member layouts will often sell me on a kit because it gives me a good idea of what I can do with it. Oh, and I like lots of themed elements.

Old 06-20-2023, 09:46 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

[B]What is one thing you are looking forward to this week? Having this graduation party and being done with it.
How many meals have you planned for the week? all of them
What's the weather in your neck of the woods? moving into the 80s, but it hasn't been warm enough to be in the pool yet.
What are you binge watching currently? nothing really, top 5's on Youtube, or WatchMojo, I was getting into Supernatural for the first time, but haven't had enough time to focus for an extended period of time
Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? lots of flowers and greenery. Plus other elements. I need a lot of things to embellish with. I'm not terribly creative. LOL!
Old 06-20-2023, 10:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

1. What is one thing you are looking forward to this week?
We don't have any major plans for the week or the upcoming weekend, and that feels like such a relief. I love hosting things and making food and doing All the Things, but I need some down time.
2.How many meals have you planned for the week?
Pretty much all of them. My FIL is staying with us this summer again, and between him and Aiden, our fridge looks like a swarm of locusts has struck, haha!
3. What's the weather in your neck of the woods?
Very warm & humid. It has been dry dry dry here, which is not normal, but we've had enough rain to save the garden. And I'm watering. NO water table issues here, lol. We are supposed to get stormy this weekend, though!
4. What are you binge watching currently?
Nothing, really. I like documentaries, so if I'm in the mood for TV, I'll look for one. I can't seem to get interested in any TV shows anymore. Not a problem, I have lots of other things I should be doing.
5. Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit??
GARDEN stuff! Or anything that could be USED for garden pages. I know you're all shocked.

Old 06-20-2023, 10:31 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I've never watched Six Feet Under either, maybe I should?
Do it!! It is crazy to me though that this show is 20 years old and so many of the social issues are still going strong today It's really a wonderful show. We're on season 2 right now.
Old 06-20-2023, 11:07 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
I guess I didn't hit "post" bc I swore I did this yesterday!

Summer baseball and carving out time to scrapbook

How many meals have you planned for the week? 0...I am usually pretty good with this but we haven't adjusted to summer schedules yet

What's the weather in your neck of the woods? chilly...this is not summer in CA!

I am in my Reading Era so I haven't been watching anything lately
I did binge Ted Lasso and The Last Thing He Told Me

Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? anything by KCB
Definitely agree to the "anything by KCB" I have that same affliction too. Lol

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Old 06-20-2023, 11:51 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

A little late to the party, but that seems to be my theme lately

classes being over....I am so done with this school year

one, it was yesterday and not difficult--sausage on a bun as I had a massage booked. Winging it for the rest of the week.

sunny and warm. I turned the AC on yesterday.

nothing really. Need to find a new series to watch, am thinking of Billionaire Murders on Prime.

the colours!
Old 06-20-2023, 12:06 PM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

What is one thing you are looking forward to this week? We are going to Barcelona on Wednesday for the first time. Can’t wait

How many meals have you planned for the week? Lol, I’m on holiday so it’s more of ‘where we eating today?’

What's the weather in your neck of the woods? Stinky hot but better than the arctic cold back home. We have been in Venice, Italy the last five days. Heaven

What are you binge watching currently? Just finished Charlotte and now watching ‘Never have I ever’

Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? Ummm probably lots of colour but tbh, haven’t bought in a long time as I tend to scrap with my own products ☺️
Old 06-20-2023, 03:05 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

We are currently camping… I’m looking forward to Friday as it will be my son’s first college visit. We have a pre-wedding picnic on Thursday, wedding on Friday, and then a wedding bunch on Saturday- not really looking forward to any of that.

Three meals as we are camping- the rest is all family related stuff and we are out of town.

Sunny and mid 80’s

Before 90 days, real housewives of New Jersey, and stuff on YouTube

Themed!! I don’t do great with emotion type kits.
Old 06-20-2023, 05:48 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

A quiet house - my youngest is gone all day at a drama camp this week.
None - I'm struggling with this right now because my husband and I are trying to watch what we eat and it is hard to make things that fit he and I's goals and make the kids happy.
Record setting cold - very weird. It was a high of 60 yesterday and today isn't much warmer. Usually we are consistently in the 90s by the this time in June.
I binge watched the first season of Travelers last week. Trying to decide if I want to continue on to Season 2.
Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? The color palette usually attracts my attention and then I look at how the CT has used the kit. A beautiful page by Sheri Malcolm often seals the deal for me because she tends to use a lot of elements & it allows me to evaluate the elements more easily than in a jam packed preview. I like really nice foliage, ribbons/bows & lots of different flowers. Also - a big oversized floral paper really catches my eye as well.

Last edited by stephc777; 06-20-2023 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-20-2023, 06:30 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

the weekend (always)

all of them, ugh, we just found out the my husband has type 2 diabetes too, and now I'm worried about my daughter that I'm re-examining the meals I prepare everyday.

warm all thoughout the week and then boom! storm on the weekend

Cold Case Files (and I'm on the last episode of season 2 so I'm not gonna watch that and save it). I'm going to watch season 3 of Unsolved Mysteries next.

the theme!
Old 06-21-2023, 08:02 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Everyone sounds busy. Lots of family things planned and not as many meals planned...rofl.

Old 06-21-2023, 10:13 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Everyone sounds busy. Lots of family things planned and not as many meals planned...rofl.
Activity planning is WAYYYY more fun than meal planning!
Old 06-21-2023, 02:25 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Activity planning is WAYYYY more fun than meal planning!
I agree

Old 06-24-2023, 10:07 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

What is one thing you are looking forward to this week? It's the end of the week now, but last week I was looking forward to my PT test being over with (and now it is! lol). Next week I am looking forward to seeing my son perform.
How many meals have you planned for the week? Um, 1.
What's the weather in your neck of the woods? It's been crazy hot and dry lately, but has been raining the last two days and cooled off.
What are you binge watching currently? Ink Master
Name one thing that is a surefire way to get you to buy a kit?? unique theme