Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Sweet Shoppe Challenges > Challenge Archives

Old 03-31-2013, 03:05 PM
Owner & Candy Keeper

profile gallery send pm
Default April 2013: Scrapper's Portfolio & Tracker

Hey hey Sweet Shoppers!

My favorite time of the month is here because I get to share another amazing set of inspiring challenges from our team! While I know I'm biased, this month's idea book is absolutely scrumptious and I know you're going to get tons of awesome ideas for your next layout or 10 from this month's challenges. If you're new to our challenge system, it may be helpful to read about the changes we've implemented this year in our 2013 Portfolio Guide!

To participate in this month's challenges you can visit our April 2013 challenge pinboard at pinterest to check out the incredible inspiration posted by our challenge team for you to create a portfolio from this month OR you can download our absolutely scrumptious April 2013 Challenge Idea Book!

As promised, it's a .pdf of layouts from our amazing staffers which will showcase each challenge one at a time so you get ideas on how to turn some of our wacky ideas into actual pages which showcase the memories and photos you love!

Now instead of reading a challenge and wondering how to make it work, you'll have some amazing inspiration for each and every pin right at your fingertips. Best of all, if Pinterest isn't for you, each pin, challenge and point value is included right there in the idea book, so you can download and start scrapping and earning points right away!

As we've done in the past, you'll be using this thread to claim a spot to track your own progress and points. Each challenge will have not only visual inspiration for you, but also a verbal prompt and a point value too. Simply complete a layout for the challenge and post it in your tracker thread as always to earn your points!

For April, all layouts and points need to be posted by 11:59pm EST at the end of the day on May 1st. If you're joining us for the first time this month, you can have a look at the amazing portfolio tracker threads from previous months to see how it's done, but here are the basics...

1) Post to claim your tracker spot for the month.
2) When you finish a layout for a challenge, upload it to the gallery and right click to get the image information for your layout.
3) Return to the tracker spot you claimed in this thread, and click edit to add the image of your layout to your portfolio. You'll want to add your layout in order of the numbers shown above each challenge at Pinterest and include that number and the points earned above your image.
4) At the very end of your portfolio, please keep a running tally of the total points earned to date.

PLEASE NOTE: Portfolio points may NOT be carried over into the following month as each month begins anew with a fresh set of inspiring challenges! Additionally, you may NOT use the same layout for more than one numbered task - each task requires a new layout. For more information, visit the Portfolio FAQ.

Please don't post chatter or comments in this thread as we'd like to keep it clean and easy to check at the end of the month. If you want to give praise to your favorite prompts or layouts, feel free to chatter as much as you like in our General Info & Chatter Forum.

Happy Scrapping!

Robin

Last edited by Robin Carlton; 05-02-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:29 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

My Spot
Old 03-31-2013, 10:44 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Maybe
Old 03-31-2013, 11:30 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Default Here is my spot

40 pts........
8- Create a page about a sport

20 - April is Lawn and Garden Month. Put lots of flowers and greenery on your page! - 2pts

25- Use one of these inspiring thoughts as a basis of your page 2 pts

7 - These colors have me longing for green grass and lighter layers! Chose 3 colors from the Pantone Spring forecast and create a
page. - 2 pts

31 - From cards to mini albums, layouts to treat bag toppers, there are a zillion and one paper craft ideas at Shellye McDaniel’s
Papered Cottage. Find inspiration in one of her projects to create something crafty of your own. Be sure to include at least 5
elements that make the project dimensional when you photograph it! - 10 pts

27 - Capturing where you are using the idea of photographing where you’re actually standing absolutely captivates me. Use this
fantastic inspiration from the Dear Lizzy blog to photograph a series of photos and create your next layout. - 2 pts

Create a page with at least 10 different patterned papers and no solids! - 2 pts

19 - Tim Holtz has some amazing products that inspire me. Take inspiration from all the fasteners they have, and use at least 3
different fasteners on your page! - 2 pts buttons, staple, hat pin by the 3 sunflowers and gold alligator clip holding twigs on right.

14 - April is National Poetry Month! Check out this massive resource of poetry categorized by topic and use one on a layout. If
you’re feeling brave and creative, try a few verses of your own! - 2 pts

12 - Check out this blog post on mixing your colored and b&w photos together in one layout, and do the same on yours! Have at
least four photos (either different ones or one replicated) on your layout. - 2 pts

4 - Arrows are a huge trend this year! Work at least 10 different arrows into your page! -2 pts

6 - Scalloped edges have always been a fave here at SSD! Use scallops on your next page as a nod to your favorite sweet spot!- 2 pts

17 - Everyone is famous for something! Tell us what you or one of your family members are famous for by creating a layout that
highlights their/your claim to fame. - 2 pts

29 - Recipe Challenge: use terrab’s awesome page as inspiration to create a page that has the following items on it: a
chevron pattern, arrows, 8 Flowers (no more,no less), a journal card, and 2 photos. - 2 pts

24 - Gallery Walls are all over the place right now! We challenge you to make a gallery wall scrapbook page. Embellish however
you want, but you need to have at least 6 frames in a configuration such as this one on your wall! - 2 pts.

13 - We love these various simple ways to play with a font. Try at least two techniques on your next layout. - 2 pts

Last edited by scrapapictur; 04-28-2013 at 11:37 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 11:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Me!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:05 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Mine!

April Challenge 32-By The Numbers: This month we want you to focus on quantity! Scrap it and make sure to really put the focus of your page on the numerical quantity of something in your life! 2 pts + 1 NR pt (Melissa's Straight Up. released 4/14)

Total: 3 pts
NR: 1
Hybrid:

Last edited by rach3975; 04-14-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:56 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to nun69

me

NR pts: 5
Total: 35
4 - Arrows are a huge trend this year! Work at least 10 different arrows into your page! - 2 pts.

5 - Romero Britto uses so many patterns and colors in his art! Using his work as your inspiration, create a page with at least 10 different patterned papers and no solids! - 2 pts

6 - Scalloped edges have always been a fave here at SSD! Use scallops on your next page as a nod to your favorite sweet spot! - 2 pts

7- These colors have me longing for green grass and lighter layers! Chose 3 colors from the Pantone Spring forecast and create a page. 2 pt

8- Opening Day of baseball is April 1! Create a page using a sports themed kit or about a sport. 2 pts

10 - Jacinda mentions this site (brave girls club) in her "Scrap Like a Sugarbabe" tutorial. Use one of the prompts as the title or theme of a layout. Don't forget to note the inspiration in your credits. - 2 pts. (I used you are good enough 31jul 2012)

12 - Check out this tutorial/blog post on mixing your colored and b photos together in one layout, and do the same on yours! Have at least four photos (either different ones or one replicated) on your layout. - 2pts.

9- Tim Holtz has some amazing products that inspire me. Take inspiration from all the fasteners they have! Use at least 3 different fasteners on your page! -2 pts.

16. Be inspired by Better Homes & Garden Art Made from Paper Scraps article and create a layout that uses one or more of the techniques. - 2 pts (patterned paper /diy artwork ...I used 9 different patterned papers)

18 - Use this quote as inspiration to scrap about a tough time that has made you stronger, wiser or happier. Try to really tell your story with your journaling. - 2 pts.

20- April is Lawn and Garden Month. Put lots of flowers and greenery on your page! -2 points + 1 NR pt

22 - I am in LOVE with Nettio Designs blog. She has so many amazing ideas and motivation. Check out this post, and take her challenge to "push outside your comfort zone, challenge your assumptions of what you think you’re capable." -2 pts. + 1NR

25 - Use one of these inspiring thoughts as the basis of your page. - 2 pts + 1 NR pt

26 - John Green is one of my favorite authors and internet personalities. Use this blog full of quotes from his books as inspiration for your next layout. Be sure to share which quote inspired you too! - 2 pts + 1 NR

29. Recipe Challenge...use terrab's awesome page as inspiration to create a page that has the following items on it: Some kind of chevron pattern, arrows, 8 Flowers (no more, no less), a journal card, and 2 photos. 1 layout - 2 pts + 1 NR pt

Last edited by nun69; 04-24-2013 at 12:42 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:19 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

My Spot!!! YAY!!!! Can't wait to do this...

TOTAL: 44 pts.

1 - These funny and odd compliments remind me of my children and their “compliments”. Create a page using one of these as your inspiration or use an odd compliment of your own. - 2 pts

2 - Calendars aren’t just for Project Life! Create a non-project life page using a
calendar prominently. - 2 pts

4 - Arrows are a huge trend this year! Work at least 10 different arrows into your page! - 2 pts

5 - Romero Britto uses so many patterns and colors in his art! Using his work as your inspiration, create a page with at least 10 different patterned papers and no solids! - 2 pts

6 - Scalloped edges have always been a fave here at SSD! Use scallops on your next page as a nod to your favorite sweet spot! - 2 pts

8 - Opening day of baseball is April 1st! Create a page about a sport or using a sports themed kit! - 2 pts

9 - Use this image from Martha Stewart Crafting as a sketch for your layout. - 2 pts

10 - Jacinda mentions bravegirlsclub.com in her “Scrap Like a Sugarbabe” tutorial. Use one of these quotes as the title or theme of a layout. Don’t forget to note the inspiration in your credits. - 2 pts
Inspiration: "You are worth taking care of."

12 - Check out this blog post on mixing your colored and b&w photos together in one layout, and do the same on yours! Have at least four photos (either different ones or one replicated) on your layout. - 2 pts

13 - We love these various simple ways to play with a font. Try at least two techniques on your next layout. - 2 pts.

14 - April is National Poetry Month! Check out this massive resource of poetry categorized by topic and use one on a layout. If you’re feeling brave and creative, try a few verses of your own! - 2 pts
Sonnet CXVI by William Shakespeare

15 - Take your age (or a family member’sage) and use the number as a part of your journaling. For example, 27 reasons I love Pride & Prejudice, or 34 Ways I Am Awesome, etc. Be creative and have fun with it! - 2 pts
My son is five!

17 - Everyone is famous for something! Tell us what you or one of your family members are famous for by creating a layout that highlights their/your claim to fame. - 2 pts

18 - Use this quote as inspiration to scrap about a tough time that has made you stronger, wiser or happier. Try to really tell your story with your journaling. - 2 pts

20 - April is Lawn and Garden Month. Put lots of flowers and greenery on your page! - 2 pts.

23 - This layout by Shanna is so gorgeous. I love the stark whiteness with black line art and just a tiny pop of teal. Challenge yourself to use white as your main color for your layout (at least 75%!), everything else must be black with a tiny pop of color. - 2 pts

25 - Use one of these inspiring thoughts as the basis of your page. - 2 pts (Use stapled tags on your page and earn a bonus point too!)
Thought used: "You are unlimited"

26 - John Green is one of my favorite authors and internet personalities. Use this blog full of quotes from his books as inspiration for your next layout. Be sure to share which quote inspired you too! - 2 pts
John Green Quote: "It always shocked me when I realized I wasn't the only person in the world who thought and felt such strange and awful things"

27 - Capturing where you are using the idea of photographing where you’re actually standing absolutely captivates me. Use this fantastic inspiration from the Dear Lizzy blog to photograph a series of photos and create
your next layout. - 2 pts

28 - “April Showers bring May Flowers.” For some reason, there’s nothing that makes me think spring more than umbrellas so I want to see you use umbrellas on your next page. Photographs or elements, make an umbrella the star of the show! - 2 pts

29 - Recipe Challenge: use terrab’s awesome page as inspiration to create a page that has the following items on it: a chevron pattern, arrows, 8 Flowers (no more, no less), a journal card, and 2 photos. - 2 pts

32 - By The Numbers: This year we’re focusing on creating a collection of layouts that tell our story in numbers. This month we want you to focus on quantity! How many apps do you have on your smartphone? How many times have you said “I love you” today? Is there another quantity that’s meaningful to you? Scrap it and make sure to really put the focus of your page on the numerical quantity of something in your life! - 2 pts

Last edited by Nixenkind; 04-20-2013 at 05:36 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:26 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

My spot!

MY BLOG | PINTEREST

BIG FAN!
Old 04-01-2013, 03:26 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

my spot

#6 (2p.)

Last edited by fifilur; 04-19-2013 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:30 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

me. here.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:46 AM
Sugar Pie

profile gallery send pm

total:41pts.

2pts. 2 - Calendars don't have to be just for Project Life! Create a non-PL page using a calendar prominently.

2pts. 3 - "Celebrating X Years" - Create a single photo page inspired by this idea

2pts. + 1pt. NR (font from Darcy - uploaded 4/13) 6 - Scalloped edges have always been a fave here at SSD! Use scallops on your next page as a nod to your favorite sweet spot!

2pts. 7- These colors have me longing for green grass and lighter layers! Chose 3 colors from the Pantone Spring forecast and create a page.

2pts. 8- Opening Day of baseball is April 1! Create a page using a sports themed kit or about a sport.

2pts. + 1pt. NR (font from Darcy - uploaded 4/6) 10 - Jacinda mentions this site (brave girls club) in her "Scrap Like a Sugarbabe" tutorial. Use one of the prompts as the title or theme of a layout. Don't forget to note the inspiration in your credits. -- I used the one that says "Love this Day"

2pts. 11 - Earth Day is April 22nd. Create a LO that documents your plans for the day, your feelings about nature, your recycling efforts, etc - anything inspired by Earth Day!

2pts. + 1pt. NR (font from Darcy - uploaded 4/2) 12 - Check out this tutorial/blog post on mixing your colored and b photos together in one layout, and do the same on yours! Have at least four photos (either different ones or one replicated) on your layout.

2pts. 13 - I love these various simple ways to play with a font. Try at least two techniques on one layout.

2pts. + 1pt. NR (template from Cindy - uploaded 4/3) 14 - April is National Poetry Month! Check out this massive resource of poetry categorized by topic (www.scrapbook.com...) and use one on a layout--or if you're feeling brave and creative, try a few verses of your own!

2pts.
19- Tim Holtz has some amazing products that inspire me. Take inspiration from all the fasteners they have! Use at least 3 different fasteners on your page!

2pts. + 1pt. NR (font from Darcy - uploaded 4/8) 29. Recipe Challenge...use terrab's awesome page as inspiration to create a page that has the following items on it: Some kind of chevron pattern, arrows, 8 Flowers (no more, no less), a journal card, and 2 photos. 1 layout

2pts. 30 - Use one of these phenomenal web designs from Oranges Web Design Studio as inspiration for your next layout. Be sure to tell us which of their designs inspired you! I was inspired by the butterfly in this one
http://pinterest.com/pin/217017275766361377/

10pts. 31- From cards to mini albums, layouts to treat bag toppers, there are a zillion and one paper craft ideas at Shellye McDaniel's Papered Cottage. Best of all, they are layered up like crazy! Find inspiration in one of her projects to create something crafty of your own. Be sure to include at least 5 different elements that make the project dimensional when you photograph it and share which of Shellye's projects inspired you too!
I was inspired by this one:

and here's mine:

Last edited by sigmakap95; 04-29-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:46 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:10 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Hoping to get 40 pts. again this month

NR Points:
Total Points: 6

1 - These funny and odd compliments remind me of my children and their “compliments”. Create a page using one of these as your
inspiration or use an odd compliment of your own. - 2 pts

20 - April is Lawn and Garden Month. Put lots of flowers and greenery on your page! - 2 pts.

Last edited by mariewilcox; 04-05-2013 at 06:35 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

Lets call this my spot and try this again!
Old 04-01-2013, 08:24 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

My spot

Old 04-01-2013, 08:44 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to kscwgirl

Me
Old 04-01-2013, 10:48 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:34 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

mine
Old 04-01-2013, 12:42 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

my spot... which hopefully will contain LOs this month lol

Total Points: 21
NR points: 5

5- use ten different patterned papers and no solids 2 pts

6 - Scalloped edges 2pt + 1nr point + 3pts, using Krystal's I Brake for Bluebonnets released and posted on 4-13

7- Chose 3 colors from the Pantone Spring forecast and create a page. - 2 pts + 1nr pt = 3pts, using Krystal and Mari's Sweet Song, released and posted 4-13

10- Brave Girls Club Inspiration. I used this quote as inspiration for my layout: Sometimes the bravest thing you can do is to take flight all by yourself. http://bravegirlsclub.com/archives/1...-yourself-copy 2pts + 1 NR pt = 3 pts using Traci's Extra Ordinary kit. Released and posted on 4-6-13

21.Digi Show inspiration, using episode 76, using Instagram to document our lives. 2pts+ 1nr point = 3pts using Libby's and Traci's Fitspo kit released and posted on 4-13

26 - John Green, using the quote The marks humans leave are too often scars - as inspiration 2 pts

30: website design inspiration using this as inspiration: http://pinterest.com/pin/217017275766241194/ 2pts+ 1 nr pt = 3pts using Traci's MrMister kit released and posted on 4-13

32 - By The Numbers: 2pts

Last edited by tanyiadeskins; 04-13-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 01:05 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

My spot for this month
Old 04-01-2013, 03:19 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Got mine.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:01 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

my spot.

total: 2pts

-------

26 - John Green is one of my favorite authors and internet personalities. Use this blog full of quotes from his books as inspiration for your next layout. Be sure to share which quote inspired you too! - 2 pts
(the quote i used is my journaling/title)

Last edited by color of my heart; 04-12-2013 at 04:34 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:07 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

me

Total - 40 points

1. Funny Odd Compliment + NR Make It Count 4/13 (I don't care if you don't know what you want to be. Because what you are right now is already more than I need)

3 points

4. Arrows

2 points

5. 10 pattern papers

2 points

6. Scallops

2 points

7. Color Inspiration

2 points

8. Sports Themed kit

2 points

14. Write your own Poem

2 points

15. List of Age + NR 6 Simple Rules 4/6

3 points

16. Better Homes & Garden Paper Art (letters cut from magazines & fanfold pinwheels)

2 points

17. Famous for. (my son is famous for his big ideas, big heart and amazing art) + NR Lost in Reverie 4/6

3 points

18. Quote Inspiration + NR Steel Magnolia 4/6

3 points

19. Fasteners

2 points

20. Lawn & Garden Month

2 points

25. Tag Inspiration (Be proud of who you are) + Bonus for stapled tags

3 points

26. John Green quotes

2 points

29. Recipe Challenge + NR I'm Not Perfect 4/6

3 points

30. 83 Orange Web Design (http://media-cache-is0.pinimg.com/or...7886ce4dca.jpg)

2 points

Last edited by lovely1m; 04-27-2013 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

My spot
Old 04-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to mnm_y2

Total Points: 14 pts

#2 Calendar
2 points

#4 Arrows (use 10 in layout)
2 points

#7 Choose 3 colors from Pantone Spring forecast
2 points

#9 Martha Stewart craft inspiration
2 points

#11 Earth Day/Recycling
2 points

#15 Use the Age & include in journaling
2 points

#18 Stronger because of Hard times quote/inspiration
2 points

Last edited by mnm_y2; 04-14-2013 at 02:58 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:10 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

TOTAL : 40 pts
base : 34 pts + NR : 5/5 pts + bonus : 1pt

4 - Arrows are a huge trend this year! Work at least 10 different arrows into your page! - 2 pts.

5 - Romero Britto uses so many patterns and colors in his art! Using his work as your inspiration, create a page with at least 10 different patterned papers and no solids! - 2 pts + 1pt NR

7- These colors have me longing for green grass and lighter layers! Chose 3 colors from the Pantone Spring forecast and create a page. 2 pt

9 - Use this image from Martha Stewart Crafting as a sketch for your layout. - 2 pts.

10 - Jacinda mentions this site (brave girls club) in her "Scrap Like a Sugarbabe" tutorial. Use one of the prompts as the title or theme of a layout. Don't forget to note the inspiration in your credits. - 2 pts.

12 - Check out this tutorial/blog post on mixing your colored and b photos together in one layout, and do the same on yours! Have at least four photos (either different ones or one replicated) on your layout. - 2pts + 1pt NR

14 - April is National Poetry Month! Check out this massive resource of poetry categorized by topic (www.scrapbook.com...) and use one on a layout--or if you're feeling brave and creative, try a few verses of your own! - 2pts.

16. Be inspired by Better Homes & Garden Art Made from Paper Scraps article and create a layout that uses one or more of the techniques. - 2 pts
(paper pinwheel, banner, patterned paper mat)

19- Tim Holtz has some amazing products that inspire me. Take inspiration from all the fasteners they have! Use at least 3 different fasteners on your page! -2 pts.

20- April is Lawn and Garden Month. Put lots of flowers and greenery on your page! -2 points + 1pt NR

22 - I am in LOVE with Nettio Designs blog. She has so many amazing ideas and motivation. Check out this post, and take her challenge to "push outside your comfort zone, challenge your assumptions of what you think you’re capable." -2 pts + 1pt NR

23 - This layout by Shanna is so gorgeous, I love the stark whiteness with black line art and just a tiny pop of teal. Challenge yourself to use white as your main color for your layout (at least 75%!), everything else must be black with a tiny pop of color. - 2 pts

25 - Use one of these inspiring thoughts as the basis of your page. - 2 pts (Use stapled tags on your page and earn a bonus point too!) - 3pts

28 - "April Showers bring May Flowers." For some reason, there's nothing that makes me think spring more than umbrellas so I want to see you use umbrellas on your next page. Photographs or elements, make an umbrella the star of the show! - 2 pts+1pt NR

30 - Use one of these phenomenal web designs from Oranges Web Design Studio as inspiration for your next layout. Be sure to tell us which of their designs inspired you! - 2 pts per layout up to 6 pts

inspired by the diamond design : http://pinterest.com/pin/217017275766356253/ 2 pts

inspired by the hexagon design : http://pinterest.com/pin/217017275766241194/ 2pts

Last edited by eve11ne; 05-01-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:18 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery send pm

my spot!!! :-)

Challenge 2, Calendar for Non-Project Life page, Points: 2

Challenge 4, Arrows, Points: 2

Challenge 5, Romero Britto, Points: 2

Challenge 6, Scalloped Edges, Points: 2

Challenge 7, Pantone Spring Forecast, Colours used: Monaco Blue, Nectarine and Tender Shoots; Points: 2

Challenge 8 Sports Page, Points: 2

Challenge 9, Martha Stewart Crafting, Points: 2

Challenge 12, 4 photos, B&W and Colour, Points: 2

Challenge 13, playing with font, Outline it, Stack it, Brush it and Embellish it, Points: 2

Challenge 14, National Poetry Month, Points: 2

Challenge 15, Age Number Used as Journaling, Points: 2

Challenge 16 Art Made from Paper Scraps, Points: 2

Challenge 20, Lawn & Garden Month, Points: 2

Challenge 23: 75% White, a bit of black and pop of colour, Points: 2

Challenge 24, Gallery Wall Scrapbook Page, Points: 2

Challenge 26, John Green Quote "I love you present tense", Points: 2

Challenge 28 April Showers Bring May Flowers, Points: 2

Challenge 29 Recipe Challenge, Chevron Pattern, Arrows, 8 Flowers, 1 Journaling Card, 2 Photos; Points: 2

Challenge 30 83 Oranges Web Designs
Inspired by EYE Brand Fame Issue page, Points: 2

Inspired by Stephanie Beth Photography Website, designed by 83 Oranges Web Designs, Points: 2

TOTAL POINTS: 40

Last edited by christelle; 04-14-2013 at 09:44 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:14 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

MY SPOT:

Old 04-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Me.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Sweet Tart

profile gallery send pm

1. - These funny and odd compliments remind me of my children and their "compliments". Create a page using one of these as your inspiration or use an odd compliment of your own. 2 pt.

4 - Arrows are a huge trend this year! Work at least 10 different arrows into your page! - 2 pts +1 nr juliana kneipp - life in it 15-04-2013

14 - April is National Poetry Month! Check out this massive resource of poetry categorized by topic (www.scrapbook.com...) and use one on a layout--or if you're feeling brave and creative, try a few verses of your own! - 2pts.

19- Tim Holtz has some amazing products that inspire me. Take inspiration from all the fasteners they have! Use at least 3 different fasteners on your page! -2 pts.

20- April is Lawn and Garden Month. Put lots of flowers and greenery on your page! -2 points

22 - I am in LOVE with Nettio Designs blog. She has so many amazing ideas and motivation. Check out this post, and take her challenge to "push outside your comfort zone, challenge your assumptions of what you think you’re capable." -2 pts +1 nr blue skies and sunshine 13-04-2013.

23 - This layout by Shanna is so gorgeous, I love the stark whiteness with black line art and just a tiny pop of teal. Challenge yourself to use white as your main color for your layout (at least 75%!), everything else must be black with a tiny pop of color. - 2 pts

24 - Gallery Walls are all over the place right now! I challenge you to make a gallery wall scrapbook page. Embellish however you want, but you need to have at least 6 frames in a configuration such as this one on your wall! - 2 pts

25 - Use one of these inspiring thoughts as the basis of your page. (Use stapled tags on your page and earn a bonus point too!) - 2 pts +1 for stapled tag + 1 nr dream big 08-04-2013

28 - "April Showers bring May Flowers." For some reason, there's nothing that makes me think spring more than umbrellas so I want to see you use umbrellas on your next page. Photographs or elements, make an umbrella the star of the show! - 2 pts

29. Recipe Challenge...use terrab's awesome page as inspiration to create a page that has the following items on it: Some kind of chevron pattern, arrows, 8 Flowers (no more, no less), a journal card, and 2 photos. 1 layout - 2 pts

30 - Use one of these phenomenal web designs from Oranges Web Design Studio as inspiration for your next layout. Be sure to tell us which of their designs inspired you! - 2 pts per layout up to 6 pts
inspired by http://media-cache-ec4.pinterest.com...189877b1ec.jpg 2 pts + 1 nr sweet song 14-04-2013

31- From cards to mini albums, layouts to treat bag toppers, there are a zillion and one paper craft ideas at Shellye McDaniel's Papered Cottage. Best of all, they are layered up like crazy! Find inspiration in one of her projects to create something crafty of your own. Be sure to include at least 5 different elements that make the project dimensional when you photograph it and share which of Shellye's projects inspired you too! - 10 pts
sorry, i am not that good a this. need more practice
inspired by:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-96xNAw_WV7...Easter+LO1.jpg

Count: 41 pts
including 5 nr points

Last edited by alinalove; 04-30-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My spot...My plan is to actually scrap this month...
Old 04-02-2013, 11:51 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

My spot....gonna get back in the groove!
Old 04-03-2013, 04:49 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Not doing the portfolio this month, but this challenge totally inspired me, so I'm posting it here. :-)

14. Poetry

Last edited by adrianka; 04-08-2013 at 01:10 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:46 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

My Spot!
Old 04-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

challenge three (2pts):

Challenge 6 (2pts)

Challenge 7 (2pts)

Challenge 11 (2pts)

Challenge 28 (2pts)

Total points = 10 pts

Dreaming of creating for Cindy Schneider, Studio Flergs & Kristin Cronin-Barrow

Last edited by jessica31876; 04-24-2013 at 03:04 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:21 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Total: 31 (5 NR)

5. 10 Patterned Papers - 2 pts

6. Scallops - 2 pts + 1NR (Fitspo by Libby and Traci, posted 4/12)

8. Sports Themed page - 2 pts +1NR (Who's on First by Libby, posted 4/20)

10. Brave Girls Club Inspiration (4/27/12 post) 2 pts + 1 NR (Fuzzy Friends by Ju and Traci, posted on 4/20)

19. Fasteners - 2 pts

20. Flowers and Greenery - 2pts + 1NR (Collecting Memories by Mari and Kristin, posted 4/20)

22. Reach Outside Your Comfort Zone (Bright patterned backgronds) - 2 pts

28. Umbrella - 2 pts + 1NR (Steel Magnolia by Libby and Nicole, posted 4/5)

31. Layered Hybrid Project - 10 pts

Last edited by HeyJude; 05-01-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 06:10 AM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery
Default Saving my spot

Hopefully I will get some layouts done
Old 04-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm

My spot.

Total Points: 14
NR Points: 2

1. - These funny and odd compliments remind me of my children and their "compliments". Create a page using one of these as your inspiration or use an odd compliment of your own. 2 pt.

6 - Scalloped edges have always been a fave here at SSD! Use scallops on your next page as a nod to your favorite sweet spot! - 2 pts + 1 pt NR (In the Spotlight by Janet Phillips)

7- These colors have me longing for green grass and lighter layers! Chose 3 colors from the Pantone Spring forecast and create a page. 2 pt + 1 pt NR (Wide Open Spaces by Kristin Cronin-Barrow)

8- Opening Day of baseball is April 1! Create a page using a sports themed kit or about a sport. 2 pts

20- April is Lawn and Garden Month. Put lots of flowers and greenery on your page! -2 points

Last edited by momof2angels; 04-28-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:07 PM
Sugar Cookie

profile gallery send pm

Making my spot here.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

I'm here!

Total pts: 4

1 - Create a page using one of these funny and odd compliments as your inspiration or use an odd compliment of your own. 2 pt.

Challenge pts: 4

Last edited by gms5997; 04-07-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:54 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

my spot!

Old 04-08-2013, 01:07 PM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

My spot!
Old 04-09-2013, 09:33 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Giving it a go this month! Haven't done this in forever!

1 - Odd Compliment (used this one: http://dailyoddcompliment.tumblr.com/image/47222978469) 2pts

3 - Celebrating 'x' Years, 2pts plus 1 NR pt for Stampabets (released 04/06, posted 04/11)

6 - Scalloped edges, 2pts

10 - Where I stand photo, 2 pts + 1 NR for Blue Skies and Sunshine kit (released 04/13, uploaded 04/14)

11 - Inspired by Earth Day, 2 pts + 1 NR for Everyday is Earth Day kit (released 04/20, posted 04/23)

12 - Mixing B&W photos with colour, 2pts

Total: 15pts

Last edited by mishou; 04-23-2013 at 07:50 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:09 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

6 - Scalloped edges have always been a fave here at SSD! Use scallops on your next page as a nod to your favorite sweet spot!
2 pts + 1pt = 3pts NR
Used Collecting Moments by Mari and Kristin (released 2/20)
[url=https://www.sweetshoppecommunity.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=279340&title=everyday-with-you-is-wonderful&cat=500]/[url]

7- These colors have me longing for green grass and lighter layers! Chose 3 colors from the Pantone Spring forecast and create a page.
2 pts + 1pt = 3pts NR
Used Make A Wish by Mari and Ru

25 - Use one of these inspiring thoughts as the basis of your page. (Use stapled tags on your page and earn a bonus point too!)
3pts

28 - "April Showers bring May Flowers." For some reason, there's nothing that makes me think spring more than umbrellas so I want to see you use umbrellas on your next page. Photographs or elements, make an umbrella the star of the show! - 2 pts

Last edited by navaja77; 04-21-2013 at 02:38 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:15 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Let's see what I can do this month! I've got to use up all of the kits in my unused folder!

22 - I am in LOVE with Nettio Designs blog. She has so many amazing ideas and motivation. Check out this post, and take her challenge to "push outside your comfort zone, challenge your assumptions of what you think you’re capable." -2 pts. (I scraplifted a page that I love, but thought "I could never do that". It turns out I can do it, and it's gorgeous!)
Old 04-13-2013, 10:33 AM
Sweetie Pie

profile gallery send pm

Total Points 9
Challenges 6
New Releases 3

Challenge #20 (NR I Brake for Bluebonnets 04/13/13)

Challenge #6 Scalloped Edges (NR Sweet Song 04/13/13)

Challenge #10 inspiration fro Brave Girls Club...I got the quote/title off their page using new release Mixed Media Mashup #6 released 04/20/13

Last edited by tomosia; 04-21-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 02:11 PM
Sugar Baby

profile gallery

Saving a Spot!
Old 04-14-2013, 01:51 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Total Points: 18pts
Challenges: 14pt
New Releases: 4pt

2. Create a non-Project Life page using a calendar prominently - 2pts

6. (April 28) Use scallops in your page - 2pts + New Release (Shine Bright by Ju Kneipp & Kristin Cronin Barrow) = 3pts

9. Use image from Martha Steward Crafting as a sketch - 2pts

13. (Apr. 17) Try at least 2 font techniques - 2pts + New Release (Sweet Song by Krystal Hartley) = 3pts

20. Put lots of flowers & greenery on your page - 2pts

30. (Apr.17) Use one of these phenomenal web designs from Oranges Web Design Studio as inspiration - 2pts + New Release (Life In It by Ju Kneipp) = 3pts
Inspiration: http://media-cache-ak1.pinimg.com/or...531aa44116.jpg

(Apr. 22) Use one of these phenomenal web designs from Oranges Web Design Studio as inspiration - 2pts + New Release (Fuzzy Friends by Ju Kneipp) = 3pts
Inspiration: http://pinterest.com/pin/217017275766377033/

Last edited by zakirahzakaria; 04-30-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Sweets

profile gallery send pm
Default Casey's Spot

Challenge Points - 36
NR Points - 4 PTS
Total Points 40 PTS

14 - April is National Poetry Month! Check out this massive resource of poetry categorized by topic (www.scrapbook.com...) and use one on a layout--or if you're feeling brave and creative, try a few verses of your own! - 2pts. + 1 NR PT = 3 PTS [NR Point for Template: Half Pack 80 - It's Your Birthday by Cindy Schneider - released 4.20 uploaded 4.21.]

15 - I was reminded of an old scrapping challenge I did from waaaaaay back when I saw this awesome photo of numbers! Take your age (or a family member's age) and use the number as a part of your journaling. For example, 27 reasons I love Pride & Prejudice, or 34 Ways I Am Awesome, etc. Be creative and have fun with it! - 2pts. + 1 NR PT = 3PTS [NR Point for Template: Half Pack 80 - It's Your Birthday by Cindy Schneider - released 4.20 uploaded 4.21.]

12 - Check out this tutorial/blog post on mixing your colored and b photos together in one layout, and do the same on yours! Have at least four photos (either different ones or one replicated) on your layout. - 2pts =1 NR PT = 3 PTS. [Template: Half Pack 79 - Photo Focus 31 by Cindy Schneider - released 4.20 uploaded 4.21.]

30 - Use one of these phenomenal web designs from Oranges Web Design Studio as inspiration for your next layout. Be sure to tell us which of their designs inspired you! - 2 pts per layout up to 6 pts (4 PTS)

2 PTS

2 pts per layout up to 6 pts 2PTS

16. Be inspired by Better Homes & Garden Art Made from Paper Scraps article and create a layout that uses one or more of the techniques. - 2 pts

13 - I love these various simple ways to play with a font. Try at least two techniques on one layout. - 2pts

25 - Use one of these inspiring thoughts as the basis of your page. - 2 pts (Use stapled tags on your page and earn a bonus point too!) + 1 NR PT = 2 PTS

[Sweet Single No 4: Triangular by Nettio Designs RELEASED 4.13 POSTED 4.16.13]

21 - I am loving listening to the episodes of The Digi Show and the Paperclipping Roundtable. Listen to an episode that intrigues you and take inspiration from the topics or the favorite picks from the show for your next page. Be sure to let us know which show you heard, and the technique or topic that inspired your page. -2 pts. + 1 NR PT = 3 PTS [Orange Crush by Melissa Bennett RELEASED 4/6 UPLOADED 4/10

31- From cards to mini albums, layouts to treat bag toppers, there are a zillion and one paper craft ideas at Shellye McDaniel's Papered Cottage. Best of all, they are layered up like crazy! Find inspiration in one of her projects to create something crafty of your own. Be sure to include at least 5 different elements that make the project dimensional when you photograph it and share which of Shellye's projects inspired you too! - 10 pts

This post was my inspiration

Last edited by thompsonc2007; 04-28-2013 at 02:07 PM.