Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-11-2016, 11:01 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Drama Kings

So as we were getting ready for church yesterday morning, my son somehow fell/jumped off the stool he uses in the bathroom and hit his head on the ground or the toilet. My husband was in there with him, and he doesn't know for sure, so... *shrug*

Anyways, it started to bleed and by the time I got in there, it looked kinda bad since he had smeared it on his face, his shirt, the floor, etc. My husband gets lightheaded/faints when he sees blood so after he yelled for me, he had to lie down on the ground... but he's still trying to tell me how to clean it up as I'm trying to wrestle a crying 2-year-old down to the ground long enough for me to look at.

Once I got his face washed up, it really wasn't bad; it looked like a small chunk of skin had come off but it wasn't a serious wound that needed stitches or anything. I put a couple of Band-aids on it with some ointment and gave DS some Tylenol in case it hurt. After I got everything and everyone cleaned up, DH is trying to tell me that he has some gaping wound that he's pretty sure will need a couple of stitches. And how would he know that considering as soon as it happened, he had to lie down on the ground to keep from fainting?!

Anyways, he bled through one Band-aid but it stopped after that. He acted normally (aside from giving me a wide berth because I was the meanie who kept messing with his head -- LOL!) and ate normally, too. DH worried abt it all day long, though, and kept nagging me abt what the wound looked like. He even went to Walgreen's and bought, like, $20 worth of bandages and tape and butterfly closures! Srsly?!

I was getting him ready for bed last night, and DH told me at least twice that he thought 'we' should take him to the ER because he was just 'so sure' that he needed stitches. I told him to be my guest but I wasn't going because DD had school today. Well, maybe it wasn't quite THAT bad... He'd give it just one more day and then, hoh boy, he was going to march right into that ER with him. It had bled a little after dinner but only because he ran into something and hit his head again... yet I dutifully followed DH's instructions to tape this monstrous gauze on his forehead before he went to sleep.

Well, what do you know?! The gauze-bandage contraption came off his face while he was sleeping (he usually sleeps on his belly so I knew that would happen & said so while I was taping him up)... and nothing happened. It had scabbed over... just like I said. Golly, it's like I'm smart or something. He texted me from work to ask how he was doing, and I told him that it had scabbed over and he was just fine. He has the nerve to text back, 'Oh yeah, Mom said that head wounds bleed more than other wounds do.' I also said that as he was lying on the ground the day before and insisting our son was going to bleed to death.

And women get the bad rap for being drama queens.

Last edited by LeeAndra; 04-11-2016 at 11:04 AM.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:06 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Oh, girl. How right you are! I'm so sorry that your little one had an accident, but yeah...moms always know best.
Old 04-11-2016, 11:20 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Men! Seriously!

I'm glad he's ok though and didn't need any stitches. My DD has had both stitches and staples in her head so I know how not fun it is to sit for hours in the waiting room while your child is surely bleeding to death.

Old 04-11-2016, 08:28 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Oh my. Glad your little one is ok.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:26 PM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

Sounds like my man too! Gosh they think they know it all!

Glad your boy is okay!
Old 04-11-2016, 10:25 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

LOL! I'm glad your little guy is okay. Blood and my DH don't mix well either, but with other things he's the opposite--"I'm sure he's fine. You're overreacting. Just give it a few days." Luckily I didn't listen, because DS's finger was broken and needed a cast. Of course, this is the same man who walked around with a broken hand for a week when he was a teenager because he was sure it would be fine if he gave it a few days, LOL.
Old 04-11-2016, 10:48 PM
SugarBabe & Challenge Fairy

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lyd

Lol. My hubby is squeamish too. When I was in labor with one of my kids, after they gave me an epidural, the nurse said, "Is your husband gonna be okay?" He is also the worrier out of the two of us. I used to worry more than I do, but he's so over the top most of the time that I'm the polar opposite now: "Yeah. Whatever. I'm sure it'll be fine."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-12-2016, 02:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Aww poor little one and lol at your hubby

Old 04-12-2016, 12:09 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

My husband watched them do both my C-sections take everything out and put it back. Yet if one of the kids bleed he promptly gives them to me. Now if they start vomiting I quickly call for him.
Old 04-12-2016, 07:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach3975 View Post
LOL! I'm glad your little guy is okay. Blood and my DH don't mix well either, but with other things he's the opposite--"I'm sure he's fine. You're overreacting. Just give it a few days." Luckily I didn't listen, because DS's finger was broken and needed a cast. Of course, this is the same man who walked around with a broken hand for a week when he was a teenager because he was sure it would be fine if he gave it a few days, LOL.
That is exactly my husband! Can't handle blood draws or seeing blood or gets light headed but blows off broken bones!!! With four boys and like 10 broken bones I learned not to listen to my husband and take the boys to the ER without his blessing....and was usually right. Sigh. Men!!!
Old 04-12-2016, 08:22 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

MEN!!!
Old 04-12-2016, 09:02 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Oh that is hilarious! You gotta scrap that.
Old 04-14-2016, 10:55 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

haha...Yes, head wounds bleed more than any where. Glad he's ok and dh didn't fully faint. lol