Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 04-06-2016, 08:11 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Default My tattoo obsession...

So I'm heading back to Co. in May and I said as a joke that "Hey, I can get my next tattoo!" I wouldn't really, even though I pretty much know what I want next. Poor John is still reeling from this one.

Only a couple of my friends have them. Share pics of your tats please! I want to see what everyone has. I wish I wouldn't have waited so long to get my first.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:16 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I has none.

Old 04-06-2016, 08:17 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to hollyxann

I love tattoos. If I had more money I'd have more lol. Right now I have 3, but have 2 more that I already have planned to get.

I have a star on my wrist (which I'm adding to to make bigger)
I have wings with a ribbon for cancer in them across my shoulders
And a flower on my hip.

I'll have to get pictures of them.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:19 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyxann View Post
I love tattoos. If I had more money I'd have more lol. Right now I have 3, but have 2 more that I already have planned to get.

I have a star on my wrist (which I'm adding to to make bigger)
I have wings with a ribbon for cancer in them across my shoulders
And a flower on my hip.

I'll have to get pictures of them.
Why the cancer one?
Old 04-06-2016, 08:30 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I got them done on the 2 year anniversary of my Uncle passing away from Lung Cancer, my grandmother had also passed away from breast cancer earlier that year, and I have been treated for cancerous cells on my cervix. So cancer has played a rather large role in my life over the last 10 years.

The ribbon is purple/lavender which is for general cancer awareness. Lung cancer is normally a white or pearl ribbon and obviously breast cancer is pink.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:41 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
I got them done on the 2 year anniversary of my Uncle passing away from Lung Cancer, my grandmother had also passed away from breast cancer earlier that year, and I have been treated for cancerous cells on my cervix. So cancer has played a rather large role in my life over the last 10 years.

The ribbon is purple/lavender which is for general cancer awareness. Lung cancer is normally a white or pearl ribbon and obviously breast cancer is pink.
Yes, I would say it has played a large role. That's a lot to deal with. You're healthy now, though? Are you ok?
Old 04-06-2016, 08:52 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

For the most part I've been healthy aside from my endometriosis which keeps me on my toes. We caught it super early which was good. Went for my normal exam, found the abnormal cells, did the biopsy, found out they were cancerous but not severe so we removed them and I've been good since.
So far all of my tests and screens have come back normal and healthy. I still have to make my appointment for this year though.
Old 04-06-2016, 08:57 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
For the most part I've been healthy aside from my endometriosis which keeps me on my toes. We caught it super early which was good. Went for my normal exam, found the abnormal cells, did the biopsy, found out they were cancerous but not severe so we removed them and I've been good since.
So far all of my tests and screens have come back normal and healthy. I still have to make my appointment for this year though.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:14 AM
Babe Lead

profile gallery send pm

I have none and not really planning to have any.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:55 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Mine is hard to see in pics because it wraps all the way around my ankle. It's essentially meant to be a "bracelet" - three infinity signs with the names of my kids, two flowers, and the clasp in the back. If you look closely, you can see the little chains in between linking everything together. I absolutely love it
Old 04-06-2016, 10:01 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrijc View Post
Mine is hard to see in pics because it wraps all the way around my ankle. It's essentially meant to be a "bracelet" - three infinity signs with the names of my kids, two flowers, and the clasp in the back. If you look closely, you can see the little chains in between linking everything together. I absolutely love it
OMG that's beautiful!!! What would you say the pain level was on your ankle?
Old 04-06-2016, 10:04 AM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

I have none and do not ever plan on getting one.
Needles and I are not friends. I'd probably pass out from anxiety. No thank you I'm a wimp.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:51 AM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I have a few. There's a tiny cross on my chest from India ink when I was 14, dandelion turning into birds above my collarbone, fall leaves swirling around my shoulder, butterflies with my name on my shoulder blade, Japanese word for dream with a moon and two stars on my low back and a shamrock on my inner ankle. I plan to get a few more; a fingerprint heart and my son's name, phoenix feather and who knows what else.
Old 04-06-2016, 11:08 AM
Sweet Shoppe Designer

profile gallery send pm

I hate my tattoo and I really want to get it fixed. I got it about 13 years ago? I can't remember if I got it before or after I had lily.. anyways it's a maple leaf going into a puddle but it looks so stupid.

I want more though - I want something on my wrist and something on my neck - I was just looking last week and I really want something nature related - either a mountain silhouette or a compass could be cool too..
Old 04-06-2016, 01:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I absolutely love tats! I don't have any.....yet. I always said if I didn't have kids all my money would go to Tats and I'd be covered by now... oh well, I'm ok with waiting to save up just a little longer. Besides, it has given me a LOT of time to think about it, and choose meaningful designs rather than impulse choices. I have a list of descriptions and images to help put a visual to my ideas... I really want to be able to talk with someone first who can really draw to bring them to life before I try getting any of them. I do have a very small idea that I will be trying first just to make sure I can handle the pain before I go for some of my bigger ideas. lol
Old 04-06-2016, 01:31 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinCB View Post
I hate my tattoo and I really want to get it fixed. I got it about 13 years ago? I can't remember if I got it before or after I had lily.. anyways it's a maple leaf going into a puddle but it looks so stupid.

I want more though - I want something on my wrist and something on my neck - I was just looking last week and I really want something nature related - either a mountain silhouette or a compass could be cool too..
Have you ever seen that show where they fix bad tattoos?

Jenn, that's why I started small too, only I didn't realize it was such a bad place to get one. I think you just need to go out and get one. I've always wanted one, but John has always been opposed to it. So I'm 38 and I FINALLY did something I've always wanted. It feels really great.

Oh, and you KNOW I already went and made a Pinterest board. https://www.pinterest.com/vfowler77/ink/ I have a really good idea of what I want next, probably next year. An infinity symbol with 3 small hearts on one side (for the kids) and one larger heart on the other (for John.)
Old 04-06-2016, 03:27 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valgal View Post
OMG that's beautiful!!! What would you say the pain level was on your ankle?
Bearable, lol. The worst part was definitely on the inside near the bone... the bottom of the red flower. I tell people it definitely hurt but I wasn't in tears. If it hurt like it did around the bone the WHOLE time, I probably would have been crying!

I like the idea of getting a tattoo inside the wrist... also a "ring" around the toe I think would look awesome.
Old 04-06-2016, 03:42 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

I have 3

..one on my right ankle, which seriously needs a cover-up with something so much nicer...

...one on my lower back, you know where...and it's a butterfly in the middle with the black tribal art around it and on the sides...

...and I have one on my upper right shoulder blade area...gorgeous flowers....I was gonna add onto it with more flowers and a geisha girl that'll end up being a 1/2 sleeve....not sure though......still contemplating.
Old 04-06-2016, 04:18 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have a tramp stamp LOL I got it about 5 years ago for the hubs. That's all I have to contribute.

Old 04-06-2016, 04:47 PM
Such a Sweetie

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via MSN to mummyd

I have quite a few tatts, I have a large 3 lily design on my left foot going up my calf, I have a triquetra symbol with my husband and sons name around on my right calf, daughters name on outer left wrist, 4 stars on inner left wrist, Life is always beautiful down outer right forearm, 2 tribal tatts on right upper arm, chinese dragon on left upper arm, tribal on lower back and a huge cross, starting on my neck, going down my back out over my shoulder blades and down the centre of my back also small rose on my bust (had that done when I was 13), need more ink.....I do fall asleep when having them done
Old 04-06-2016, 05:04 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Fall asleep????
Old 04-06-2016, 08:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I have none. I used to want one, then went through not wanting any. Now I feel sorta unique not having one when there are so many ppl that have at least one. lol

Old 04-06-2016, 10:46 PM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to JMC1988

I have a whole Pinterest board for tattoo inspiration. https://www.pinterest.com/jmc1988/tattoos/
I really, really want this one

Old 04-06-2016, 11:04 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I don't have anything against tattoos, but I've never felt passionately enough about anything to have it permanently tattooed on my body. If I got a tattoo at this point, I'd just be doing it for the novelty of it, since I have absolutely no idea what I'd get ... and I kind of feel like it should be something meaningful. I admire other people's tattoos though!
Old 04-07-2016, 01:56 PM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

I had a maori style dolphin on my ankle when I was 18, which I drew myself and has some personal elements in it. I expanded that one later on with some hawaiian flowers and even later on expanded again with more flowers and the word Ohana, from Lilo and Stitch. That came from my love for both my family and Disney. So that tattoo covers most of my lower leg and foot now.
And on my back and shoulder blades I have a fairy. That was actually my second tattoo, I got that one after I broke up with my boyfriend who forbid me to get more tattoos. So that one represents my freedom.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have any sort of for the same reason as Sheri - I can't think of anything I'd want on my permanently.

But our former baby-sitter had the sweetest tattoo I've seen. Her mom died of cancer when she was a young teen. She took a letter that her mom had written to her where her mom had signed it "I love you. " She had those words tattooed on the inside of her wrist in her mom's handwriting. I still get emotional thinking about how meaningful that must be to her.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:17 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post
I don't have any sort of for the same reason as Sheri - I can't think of anything I'd want on my permanently.

But our former baby-sitter had the sweetest tattoo I've seen. Her mom died of cancer when she was a young teen. She took a letter that her mom had written to her where her mom had signed it "I love you. " She had those words tattooed on the inside of her wrist in her mom's handwriting. I still get emotional thinking about how meaningful that must be to her.
Old 04-07-2016, 06:11 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrijc View Post
OH it's beautiful!
Old 04-07-2016, 06:12 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnMarch View Post

That's awesome!
Old 04-08-2016, 03:48 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have 3.

1. Is a cat claw scratching my shoulder blade. And for me means strengh and my feisty personality.

2. I have a tribal on my lower back (tramo stamp) in the shape of a mask and with my eyes insight of them. For me it means "I see" as in always looking beyond that no matter how hard the times are, I can see a brightest future. Is black, but few years later when my kid was born I colored the eyes in green as his eyes.

3. I have a Chinese symbol meaning "witch" on my belly

Made using Selfie Addict by Digilicious Designs
Old 04-08-2016, 03:49 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I'm also slightly obsessed with tattoos (or people with tattoos) although I don't have any right. But if ever I will get one, I want to have this on my wrist, saw this on pinterest a couple of years ago:
Old 04-08-2016, 05:57 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrygutz View Post
I'm also slightly obsessed with tattoos (or people with tattoos) although I don't have any right. But if ever I will get one, I want to have this on my wrist, saw this on pinterest a couple of years ago:
I saw that too and thought it was pretty cool. I probably wouldn't have the words put on though.
Old 04-09-2016, 11:58 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I don't have any as of now, but we (my sis, daughters and nieces) have planned to get a matching one on our foot with variations of faith (we walk by faith)

plus im a Disney & photography addict so I have a few other small ones in mind
Old 04-10-2016, 11:32 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I have one for now, but have wanted to get at least 3 more for ages and as soon as I'm done on these medications that are making my skin extra sensitive, I'll be getting one of them.

This is what I have now (on the inside of my right wrist):

I want to get something like this on the side of my ribs/torso: