Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2012, 10:59 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default Halloween Activities with the kiddos?

I wrote this post about some of the things I have planned this week coming up to Halloween... https://www.sweetshoppedesigns.com/i...eenactivities/

What are some of your plans? - outside of the usual Trick and Treating? Any fun activities that I could incorporate into my plans??
Old 10-23-2012, 11:05 AM
Sugar Rush

profile gallery send pm

We don't normally plan anything other than the door to door thing and we also take Adrienne to the haunted house that our local police precinct sponsers and we also take her trunk or treat to the local churches around our area.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We are pretty boring as far as halloween goes because I don't really like it. We will dress up and go to the church's party, and of course decorate pumpkins. Sometimes we go trick-or-treating, but this year the party and trick-or-treating are at the same time, so the kids chose to go to the church party. They actually prefer it, and I'm not complaining at all. They get to hang out with their friends there, play tons of games, get prizes, and have costume contests.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:01 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Now that Cheyanne is in 7th grade we don't do much really. Last weekend we went to Fright Night at the Fort - where our local historical fort is transformed into a huge haunted fort. About 30 kids from Cheyanne's grade all went down and had a blast while the moms just hung out and waited for them to finish.

This Friday night we are volunteering at the little kids' Halloween party at the school and running some of the games.

That's about it.
Old 10-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to xboxmom

I took the kids to "kids" day at the haunted house where they keep the lights on and don't have actors jumping out at them. The younger kids liked it but the older kids would have preferred the scarier version at night. We have also taken them to see Frankenweenie. I think tomorrow we will be carving the pumpkins.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:54 AM
Sweet Tooth

profile gallery send pm

We'll do a small party at home with halloween themed foods and do trick-or-treating around our neighborhood. The kids usually help hand out candy to neighbors who come to our door as well.

Here's a blog post of last year's halloween at our house... http://dailydwelling.com/halloween-2011
Old 10-25-2012, 09:35 AM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

We usually take the kids to a pumpkin patch and trick or treating.

This year I'm enrolled in school (YAY) and the school is having a thing for kids tomorrow (free games, food and of course candy). So we are going to that.

Then Monday is Lilly's 2nd birthday so we are having a small Halloween themed party for her at my parents house. Then of course Wednesday is the big night.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:56 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Send a message via Yahoo to Tronesia

We (my sister and nephew) usually have a little party for the kids at my parents' house. This year, my daughter's daycare is having a Fall Festival on Saturday- so that is our plan this year. The kids will get a chance to play together, wear their costumes, play some games and trick-or-treat from room to room.

Old 10-26-2012, 08:19 AM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Sounds like fun, ladies!! We don't have a lot of things around here for the kiddos... at least I haven't seen them advertised. They Children's Museum has a FREEky Friday today... so given that you get in free (I'm a member so that doesn't help me) and the schools are off for state teacher conference... it will be nuts! Same for Sweet Streets in Green Bay - another free or cheap event for kids at the arena - loads of candy and activities.

I want to make the slime that I had posted in the blog - and I can't find Borax! Geez, there must have been a run on it... it's sold out everywhere!