Sweet Shoppe Designs

Old 02-07-2018, 02:52 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm
Default 2/7 Check In!!

My son hurt his leg and we had a rough night because of it. I think he might have pulled his groin. So he is home with me today and I am working on my PL 2017 album! So far 2 weeks done!!

Anyone else making some headway on their long term projects? Or are you close to checking off a scrap project on your to scrap list?
Old 02-07-2018, 04:33 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

Good job on getting the two weeks done. I've finished the 2017 album and it is on it's way to me in the mail. Will most likely arrive tomorrow. I cannot wait to look through it.

As far as 2018 goes, I have journaled in my planner to keep the memories recorded somewhere and I have decided to go with square corners on the pockets, minimalistic style and mostly black & white journal cards. Hopefully this will make it even easier and quicker to finish, but knowing myself I might use just as much time picking the right b&w card as a kit to match. At least it's a place to start.
Old 02-07-2018, 04:47 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineF View Post
Good job on getting the two weeks done. I've finished the 2017 album and it is on it's way to me in the mail. Will most likely arrive tomorrow. I cannot wait to look through it.

As far as 2018 goes, I have journaled in my planner to keep the memories recorded somewhere and I have decided to go with square corners on the pockets, minimalistic style and mostly black & white journal cards. Hopefully this will make it even easier and quicker to finish, but knowing myself I might use just as much time picking the right b&w card as a kit to match. At least it's a place to start.
HOORAY for getting 2017 off to the printers!!
Old 02-08-2018, 02:47 PM
Jabber-Jawbreaker

profile gallery send pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristalund View Post
My son hurt his leg and we had a rough night because of it....I am working on my PL 2017 album! So far 2 weeks done!!
I hope your son's leg is feeling better! Nice job on the 2 weeks done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineF View Post
I've finished the 2017 album and it is on it's way to me in the mail. Will most likely arrive tomorrow. I cannot wait to look through it.

Congrats on finishing 2017! Enjoy your books. I love the look you're using for 2018. I tried to do something similar for 2017 (but with rounded corners), but I only made it 2 weeks before I threw in the towel. All the other, colorful journaling cards were giving me big, sad puppy dog eyes as I scrolled through looking for the B&W ones. I still do some spreads like that and adore them, but I can't stick with it for an entire album.

I print my PL pages and regular pages in the same book, and this time it was my regular pages that I was further behind on. Now I've got my first 2017 book (January to April) nearly ready to print. I think I have 1 layout and the cover left, plus a few finishing touches on other layouts. I've also made some progress on my May to August regular pages, which will be the next book I print. My PL pages are done through the end of August, and I've got photos sorted and ready through October. I'm focused on getting my regular digital pages caught up to where PL is right now, so I'm getting later weeks of PL prepped but not scrapped.

The other long term project I'm working on is a Disney album from 2016. I haven't made much progress on it yet, but I'm okay with that as long as I'm making progress on one of my other long term projects. For most of January I skipped my Disney Tuesdays (working only on Disney pages on Tues), so I need to get back into that habit.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:19 PM
SugarBabe

profile gallery send pm

I finally got PL 2018 started!

Old 02-16-2018, 06:52 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I only have December left and my 2017 will be ready to send off to be printed! I've completely stalled out for some reason though!

2018 hasn't been started either! Soon!