Sweet Shoppe Designs

Go Back   Sweet Shoppe Community > Candy Coated Conversation > A Sweet Little Community
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2012, 09:51 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm
Default Postcrossing anyone?!

Do you Postcross?

I did it a couple of years ago and received the most gorgeous cards from all over the globe. So much fun to see cards in your mailbox with a personal message, and send cards back to other people.

Yesterday I've registered again and today sent my first card to Russia I guess this will be my new hybrid thingie, making cards for people all over the world

So anyone participating in this too? Maybe I'll receive one from you, or I have to send one to you, would be so cool
Old 03-17-2012, 10:41 AM
So Sweet

profile gallery send pm

Never even heard of it... it sounds really fun though. I'd love to do something like that with my son (he's 8). I think he'd really love to see where in the world we could get cards from.

Old 03-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Joanne I'd think it would be great to do with your son. You can specify in your profile what kind of cards you'd like to receive. I'm in love with white sharks, wolves, native americans, fairies, and it's great that people really do a search for that specific card, and write you a personal message. In this time of e-mail, texting etc, the old writing is almost gone, and now you can write to a complete stranger. It's fun! I had books filled with cards, some which I prefered, others from the city of country they live. Kinda scrapbooking but with cards
Old 03-17-2012, 12:01 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

Actually I've requested another address and this one will be send to the UK

So now I'm combining hybrid with Postcrossing
Old 03-17-2012, 12:53 PM
Sweetsaholic

profile gallery send pm

I signed up for it but never sent any or received any. Actually had not thought about it for awhile now
Old 03-17-2012, 01:04 PM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

if you sent your card, and it will be registered, than another person gets your address, so you have to send one first to receive
Old 03-17-2012, 03:32 PM
Sweet Talker

profile gallery send pm

I used to do postcrossing when I was in college... I ended up hanging all of my postcards on the wall of my dorm- I got tons of comments and everyone always asked where I got the mail. I did it in college because I lived close to home and all my mail usually went home, so my mailbox rarely had anything. I was jealous of everyone who got all kinds of cool stuff, so I started doing postcrossing to make up for it.

I had fun, and even got a few long-term friends from it. I also went to their forums and would participate in some of the swaps- for example, a candy train where you'd all comment and then the person above you would send you candy from their country, and you'd send the person below you candy from your country... (or tea, chocolate, coffee, pencils, random gifts, etc). I went after the holidays and would stock up on candies cheaply and send out a variety, all kinds of stuff.

I never did hybrid stuff, though, just went to the local store with state postcards and bought some. I had a whole dresser filled with postcrossing stuff- stamps, envelopes, postcards, goodies for the trains I participated in, small boxes... but at the time I was also sending mail for soldiers so I guess that took up part of it, too!

New Siggy Coming Soon
Old 03-18-2012, 04:18 AM
Sweet Cheeks

profile gallery send pm

LOL! I was hanging my cards in the toilet..Than we had to look at something. Got great comments to when we had visitors. Now it's fun to see what kind of card they want to receive and search for a kit that matches and make a card with it